Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Capital One not giving increases? The reason why we love Capital One over here is because of their increases! lol
15 years 10 months ago #2116

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Great Cerrione! I got WAMU through a pre-approved letter last year. I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me $4500. I was bad and it is my highest charge card that I have to work on getting down to at least 60% utilization this year.

My hub got them about 2yrs ago when his card was Providian. Providian was taken over by WAMU later. He started out with $1500 and then 2mths ago, they sent him a letter that his new CL was $4500.

I haven't seem much CL for WAMU above $5000 here. My daughter started with $500 and after 6mths, they raised her to $1500 so they do seem to give increases, unlike Cap 1.
15 years 10 months ago #2117

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I was reading this forum and got interested in requesting for CLIs for my cards that Ive had for over a year. I just happened to check my WaMu CC account online and to my surprise it stated how much I owed for the month, my outstanding balance and a credit limit of $2,250. Well, my initial credit limit since the account was open in Dec 07 was $750. I could'nt beleive it. I called the customer service and teleprompter said that my credit limit was $750. So I decided to sleep it off. Today I checked online again and sure enough my credit limit was $2,250 and my available was $2,205!!!!!! Thats a $1,500 CLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very high in my opinion.
I like WaMu, have been banking with them for almost 4 years and never a problem.
I will continue to good on my payments in hopes of surpassing the $3,000 mark.
15 years 10 months ago #2118
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I have never talked to one neither!:worried:
15 years 10 months ago #2119

I have yet to come across an outsourced when it comes to Macy's CS.
15 years 10 months ago #2120

I'll try for it towards the end of the year where hopefully, I will have my scores up to around the 650-660 range.

This evening, I called Macy's again and asked for a CLI on the card that has a $1k line. The gentleman who clearly was based in India asked me what amount that I wanted, I said $700 and he gave me $400 so due to my adventures today, I got the following:

Macy's CLI from $2k to $2700
Macy's CLI $1k to $1400.

These CLIs this weak had dropped my utilization to 58%. I have to pay off $2260 in debt to get it to 49%.

Hopefully, I will have it down to my goal of 40% by the end of Dec and then the ideal 30% by next year March or so. All in all, based on not using the cards or minimally using and paying off and not openning any more cards, I have a 9mth plan to get my utilization to 30% and my scores to 680.

BTW, my spouse has gotten his 3rd invitation from Amex for the platinum card. It has some nice perks but it is a $375 fee. He already has green, gold and clear blue.

Does anyone have the platinum and i fyou do, how do you like it?
15 years 10 months ago #2121

Shark6, if you want to get back in with BofA, apply for one of their secured cards. I don't know if they blacklist or not but it's definitely worth a try.
15 years 10 months ago #2122

You know, driving from work on my lunch hour, I called Macy's and asked for a credit increase in order to make a large purchase.

I was surprised that I did not get a CSR from India AND they raised me from $2k to $2700 with no hard pull.

FYI, I have had this card over 10 years and I hardly charge on it although I love Macy's. When I do, I tend to pay it off quickly. Right now, my balance is $401.

I will call re my other Macy's account. I'm hoping that these increases will help with my utilization and thus increase my scores.

You've given me good advice and I will take it. First thing, is too take all of the cards out of my wallet except the Chevron, Gold Amex for emergencies and one of the Cap1s.

Re BOA. I had this account over 10yrs ago and went through a sort of bad spell and fell behind. We settled on this account for less than the balance. Our limit was $5k and it is slated to fall off by Oct/Dec 2008.

Do you know if they blacklist you because I would like to reapply later or at least try for the $99/$500 secured card?

Thanks.

My goal is to get to 670 score by Nov 2008,
Right now, TU 634, EQ 632, EXP which is my weakest score, I don't know yet as I havent purchased it in a while.
15 years 10 months ago #2123

Shark6, you have really good cards. Just pay your cards down, let your new accounts age, and you will see your scores rise. Remember, applying for more credit will hurt your score, not help it.

Once you pay off some of your debt, I'd suggest you applying for a Bank of America card. That is the best card you can get.
15 years 10 months ago #2124

I know, I know but I just did it for the utilization. Here are my cards

Macys 1995 $2k Started out as $400
Macys 1996 $1k This was a hecht's card adn Macy's bought them out.
Home Depot 1997 $4205- started out as $1500, raised automatically 3yrs aog and then 4mths ago auto raised to $4205
Lowe's 2000 $3205
Wamu 08/07 $4500
Cap 1 2003 $2k started with $500- kept the balance almost to 15% util and they raised it finally automatically last year
Cap 1 2004 $1000- same with this, started out with $500
Orchard 2006 $500
HSBC 09/07 $1200- started $1k, auto increased to $1200 last month
Amex Green- 2001 authorized user from spouse
Amex Gold- 2007 authorized user
Chevron Texaco 2006 $2k- started with $600, raised to $1500, sold to GEMB and they raised it to $2k- I never asked for these increases
Sams 2006 $500- just got increase of $200 last week
Target 2006 $200

early last year, my credit was shot at around 525 due to collections, old accounts with lates and high utilization. I read teh Myfico forums and got several collections off through disputes, some aged off and I got some inquires off due to bumps from TU. All of my scores are over 610 now but then I started to charge again.

Going forward, I am going to try to get Sams, Orchard down to 0 in the next 3 mths and then work on Cap 1 and WAmu. HD and Lowe's are fine.
15 years 10 months ago #2125

Shark6, you have nice cards. Why in the world did you pay $10 for the CLI? I'd say you pay off the balance on the Orchard Bank card and just put it in your sockdrawer. But make sure you use it every 3 months to show activity when you put it into your sock drawer or else they will voluntarily close your account. Try applying for better cards that will give you better limits and interest rates. Capital One is a really good card, their service is awesome. They might start you off with a low limit, but if they see that you're paying on-time, they will raise your limit within 90 days of activating your card. If you don't have any late payments on your credit since you start building/rebuilding your credit, I believe Capital One will approve you for one of their cards. You have a 2 year payment history and that is more than enough for them to approve you for one of their cards.
15 years 10 months ago #2126

Credit Increases that I have gotten so far:

Orchard: I called the backdoor # yesterday and I told them that I would like a CLI but only through a soft inquiry. she read from the script that they may have to pull a hard inquiry for further processing. I told her that I would like her to do it but if it gets to the point that they have to do a hard inquiry not to do it.

She came back and offered me $100 for a $10 fee. Now, I don't think that a CC should charge you a fee to use their money and charge you interest but I went along with it because from reading the boards, I expected $25 but they only told me $10 so I took it. I have had this card for almost 2 yrs and have been stuck at a lousy $400 limit. It is at $331 and my goal is to get it down by the end of Aug.

JCPenney--used the luv button last week and went from $1k to $1800
Citibank- went from $1300 to $2600 pressing the luv button
These cards were openned for about 9-10mths.

Sams- went from $300 to $500- press the luv button- I have had this car for over 2 yrs .
15 years 10 months ago #2127

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Congrads on your increases!!!:cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #2128
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Way to go U 2:white-flag:
15 years 10 months ago #2129

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Got GREAT news from Cap1 today! At the beginning of this month I called their backdoor number and got a $300 CLI (opened account 3/08 w/ $300 CL). Made my 3rd on time payment Monday and checked account online today...$500 CLI ! Now I'm at $1100 w/ them.

Thats great Keys! I am glad you have better luck with them than I did. I have never been late with a payment on any credit card I have and I can't get cap 1 to give me another cli since the one I got at 6 months. If it wasn't one of my oldest cards I think I would close it. Good luck.
15 years 10 months ago #2130