Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Cap 1, had since Jan 07, got increase to $500 at 6 months from $300

Centennial,(First Premeir) had since Jan 07, have gotten 2 increases in the last year, (one this month) up to $450

Orchard, had since Sept 07, got $100 increase to $400 this month, charged me $25 fee tho

Wamu, had since Nov 07 no increase yet. did come with $500 limit tho.

Total Visa (closed by my request) got one $25 increase in the year I had the card. It expired Dec of 07 and because of all the fees and low limit I closed it. Does show up on cr as OK.

I have two new bank cards coming from BofA and the Best Buy M/C. I am wondering if I would be better off closing my Centennial when I get the BofA because of the Fees? It is expiring Jan 09. Also I am not really sure if I want the BB m/c because of the A/F. Would it hurt my scores to cancel the card? I would appreciate any feedback. I don't want to hurt my credit from having too many cards. Thanks alot everybody:cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #2131
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Wow, Macy's did this to you? I would have expected this from Bloomingdales first. I say go with the plan that I was told, tell them you want to make a large purchase or tell them that you will close if they can not give you a higher increase. Macy's is usually the good ones with cli's. :confused: :shocked:
15 years 10 months ago #2132

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Last week was my 3 month ann. for both Macy's and Bloomingdales. I called Macy's first and they only increased me from $100 to $200. Over the past 3 months i've made several purchases around $50, and PIF a few days later...probably around $250 in total. This card shall be sockdrawered until they atleast give me $500...screw them! I even called the direct number to the credit department from the courtesty phone in Macy's.

I then went to Bloomingdales to call them. My initial limit with them was $1,000. They increased my limit to $2,500 without batting an eye.

It just sucks that I really don't shop and Bloomingdales that much. They are usually about 25% more expensive then Macy's, but can have some pretty good sales at times...
15 years 10 months ago #2133
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

way to go keys! :white-flag:
15 years 10 months ago #2134

Replied by keys on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Got GREAT news from Cap1 today! At the beginning of this month I called their backdoor number and got a $300 CLI (opened account 3/08 w/ $300 CL). Made my 3rd on time payment Monday and checked account online today...$500 CLI ! Now I'm at $1100 w/ them. :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #2135

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

You are off to a good start. If a limit is 1000.00 keep the balance under 300.00. For 500 under 150.00. 900 under 270.00 Also At this point you may want to add a different type of account to the mix to show lenders you are responsible with handeling more than one type of debt. If you can get an installment loan for example an easier one to obtain may be a student loan. If you are in school full time the payments will be deffered and will not count toward your monthly payments. But still pay towards it. Also if you have a steady relationship with your bank they may offer you a line of credit that is like overdraft protection. Research before you apply of course and keep your inquires very low. Only apply for something that you are pretty sure you can get. Don't be afraid to ask questions before you apply. Then you can make an informed decision. Hope this helps:innocent:
15 years 10 months ago #2136

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Mary, are you planning on buying a car or home within the next 6-12 months? If you don't, then you don't need to worry about your score. You will see an increase when your accounts hit the one year mark. As Tynece said, keep your utilization low and stop applying for cards and you will be alright. Your score will be increasing soon.
15 years 10 months ago #2137

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

IN your case if you have others opened around the same time it may be a positve depending on your utilization and the avreage length of all your accounts. So try reducing your balances by the amount of the credit line you just closed. Then that way you will not see too much of a negative impact. What are your other limits?

Cap One visa 1000 5/2005
Cap One M.C. 500 6/2006
Walmart 900 This year
HsBC 750 This year
15 years 10 months ago #2138

IN your case if you have others opened around the same time it may be a positve depending on your utilization and the avreage length of all your accounts. So try reducing your balances by the amount of the credit line you just closed. Then that way you will not see too much of a negative impact. What are your other limits?
15 years 10 months ago #2139

I opened the Orchard in Sept of 2005 and I also opened another card in May of 2005 so it's not the longest history but it's up there. I called the backdoor number for the card last month and they wouldn't give me an increase unless I paid for it. Tried again yesterday and no go so I figured that they didn't need me as a customer any longer.

Do you think my score will take much of a hit?
15 years 10 months ago #2140
  • bramford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bramford on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Mary was this your longest history? If so you may want to consider for them to reopen it. There is a backdoor number for orchard bank that gave me an increase before I closed mine.

MaryM you absolutely did the right thing. I just closed my GM Flex card that is issued by HSBC. Avoid Orchard Bank, HSBC, at all cost, due to the following reasons. Their CS leaves much to be desired, and when it comes to getting a CLI from them it is like pulling teeth from them. There are much better cards out there.

Sincerely:

Bramford:cool:
15 years 10 months ago #2141

Closed my Orchard Bank card today. I asked for a CLI and they wouldn't even think about it unless I would let them pull a hard on my credit report. They also said they would charge me for the increase. My annual fee was up soon too so I said close the account and they did. I've had the card for almost 3 years and was stuck at a 400 credit limit while my other cards are much higher. I hope it doesn't affect my score too much. It was a great card to rebuild but now it's history!

Mary was this your longest history? If so you may want to consider for them to reopen it. There is a backdoor number for orchard bank that gave me an increase before I closed mine.
15 years 10 months ago #2142

Closed my Orchard Bank card today. I asked for a CLI and they wouldn't even think about it unless I would let them pull a hard on my credit report. They also said they would charge me for the increase. My annual fee was up soon too so I said close the account and they did. I've had the card for almost 3 years and was stuck at a 400 credit limit while my other cards are much higher. I hope it doesn't affect my score too much. It was a great card to rebuild but now it's history!
15 years 10 months ago #2143

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My husband did not want to apply for anymore credit cards. He told me he had enough credit. But his utilization was over 35% and he wanted to get it under without overextending ourselves. He called NFCU and asked for a CLI up to $10,000.00 from his previous CL of $4,000. They did a hard pull and told him over the phone that it would take 30 days for an answer. We thought it was a no go until his statement came in and...voila! CL = $10,000.00!! We watched his FAKO skyrocket over 700, so we're curious to know his FICO.

Anyway, the bug bit him and he called both his DISCOVER cards and asked for a CLI from $3,000 to $8,000 on both...hard pull, of course. They said it would take 24 hours to decide. So, I'll keep you all posted. Should be interesting.

I wonder if I became an authorized user on his account that I could piggyback...hehe. Equifax is by far my lowest score and they have not utilized FICO '08!

KellBell...take $15 out of that $10,000 and purchase your true FICO's..LOL][/COLOR]
15 years 10 months ago #2144
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

You never lied, take a look at the last cli in the thread, there are hardly any being offered.:upset:
15 years 10 months ago #2145