New To Board

• marie8888
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by marie8888 on topic Hi hjm331, Thanks for welcoming

Hi hjm331,

Thanks for welcoming me and the great information. I definitely going to take all your advice. I just recently found out that inquiries can hurt your score, so I have decided that I will definitely not apply for anything this entire year. I have been doing this, I usually pay all my utilities and purchase my gasoline on my credit card however I pay in full every month whatever I charge. So, this helps to show that I am using them and paying them off on a regular basis.

I think this site is addictive and I just had to log back in before going to bed. Well, have a good night! :sleepy:
16 years 3 months ago #421

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey what's up Marie8888? It's

Hey what's up Marie8888? It's good to see new people on this website. All of us were new here so don't worry about that. The people here will make you feel at home right away. I know Meya will. It seems like we're both on similiar tracks. I'm just 18 years of age so I'm building my credit while you're rebuilding credit. We both have Orchard Bank and Target cards. Although I don't use both of them a lot(I have other cards with higher limits) I still keep them so they can report to all of the 3 bureaus so my credit report will grow with positive effects and increase my scores. Here are some suggestions that you should take into consideration which are coming off my own experiences:

1. DON'T apply for new cards all at the same time. Too many new accounts will hurt your score.
2. Only apply to 1-2 inquiries every year. Inquiries stay on your for 1 year and effect your score for 2 years.
3. Keep your utilization down to 5% to 10%. If you have the money, pay it off in full every month. That's what I'm doing right now and it seems to help.
4.Don't go over your credit limit by all means. Creditors will look at you in a whole different way.
5.Try to get as many credit limit increases as you can. Believe it or not, that's probably the most factor in your report because it controls your utilization and if you have high utilization, it can really hurt you.

If you have any questions, just post a reply anywhere on the website and I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. If I can't then I'm sure Meya and everyone else here at FG will help you out!

Welcome to Finance Globe!
16 years 3 months ago #422

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Hi, welcome. You will learn

Hi, welcome. You will learn alot on this site, I sure have. If you have a bunch of denials, this site will help you as to where to apply and NOT apply along with how to raise your scores. I learn new things all the time, I guess you can teach an OLD dog new tricks (meaning me of course) lol
16 years 3 months ago #423
  • marie8888
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by marie8888 on topic New Kid on the Block

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking around this forum trying to find a way to make my intro, and then I said to myself, I'll just start a new post. This site is incredible! Of course, I'm here because my credit is waaayyyyy less than perfect and I wanted to find a good way to rebuild it. In October of 2006, my 3 credit scores ranging from 471-504. I have managed to raise my score to 529-563 in 1 year. So, now I'm hooked and I want the credit that I had pre-bankruptcy and divorce.

Now I have 3 three credits cards and a Target card. BTW, I have had the Target card since 2003. The other three are new.

Total $250
Target $200
Hooters $1000
Orchard $300

Well, I went a little over board after I was approved for the Hooter's card about 4 months ago and applied for a lot of different cards. I received a bunch of denials and now I have a bunch of new inquiries. I guess between the new accounts and inquiries, now I can get squat and my socres took a slight dip.

Anyhow, my short-term goal is to hit the 600's and my long-term goal is to join the 700 club. And of course, I can only dream about the Mile-High 800 Club!!!

I have read so much on here and have had a ball doing so that, I figured I would join the party! Meya, porgy1000, and hjm331, all your posts extremely helpful while providing the much needed dose of entertainment. Maybe, one day I will jump in and join the fun.

Take care and nice meeting you all! Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

:scared: :scared: :cheesing: :cheesing:
16 years 3 months ago #424

Replied by Meya on topic thank you for all your

thank you for all your help I think I well just sit on these cards and see what they do I hope my limit on hooters is good.

You are very welcome!
:cheesing:
16 years 4 months ago #425
  • cassey346
  • cassey346's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by cassey346 on topic thank you for all your

thank you for all your help I think I well just sit on these cards and see what they do I hope my limit on hooters is good.
16 years 4 months ago #426

Replied by Meya on topic Uhhh, if I were you,

Uhhh, if I were you, I would take a halt for about 6 months to a year. All of those cards are toooo new. Establish the one's you have now and if you want to apply for more, get credit cards not the department store cards. They tend to have higher apr's and finance charges. Capital one is going to be you best one. Your limit may go something like this

Initial starters: $300
90 days later: $200
6 months- 1 year later $2000
Grand Total= $2500

You are going to love it. Just do not be late on any payments what ever you do. As far as Hooter's go, give them a few more days and you can call them back for a limit. The card will arrive pretty quick, you might see your limit before they get a chance to tell you.
16 years 4 months ago #427
  • cassey346

Replied by cassey346 on topic I have gotten all those

I have gotten all those cards in Nov. 2007 but I had a jcpennys and target and walmart with my husband since Oct 2007 then went out on my own to try and get my own cards and thats when I got my own target,jcpennys,gap,wamu,capital one,homedepot, and now hooters.
16 years 4 months ago #428

Replied by Meya on topic Way to go on your

Way to go on your approval with Hooters, and welcome to the FG family!

If you want to try discover, go their site and apply for the "Original" Discover card. If you are denied, I have heard many people in here say that they were given a preapproval for the Direct Rewards Discover and was approved. Unfortunantley, I was not one of the lucky ones.
:worried:

Depending on when you were approved for your cards above, you may not want to apply for too many more because you are going to get denials from a lot of creditors for these reasons:
1. Too many new accounts
2. Too many inquiries
3. If you use your cards to past 35% of the balance, they will deny you for high utilization.

You have nice cards, and scores. What ever you do, work on your credit limit increases, that helps move the scores up also. Just hold on for a minute, someone will be in here to help you with more advice. Until then, here are some nice articles to read:

Apply here, this is pretty much a granted approval for you. Just purchase something in the clearance items from time to time to keep the account open and to build credit
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/resources/httpcrownjewelerscom

1. These are credit cards from FG that may fit into your range, but remember, when you look for cards under the fair credit range the scores you have is not the only factor that the creditors are looking for during the process.
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Fair+Credit-Needed-Cards.php

2. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/55/1/Getting-Your-First-Credit-Card/Page1.html

3. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/16/1/Using-Credit-Cards-Wisely/Page1.html

4. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/53/1/Get-the-Most-From-Your-Credit-Card/Page1.html

Hope this helps!
16 years 4 months ago #429
  • cassey346

was created by cassey346

Hello just wanted to tell you alittle bit about me and what kind of score and credit cards I have and maybe someone can help me find the right cards and the wrong cards
TU-571
Ex-618
Eq-606
cards:
Target $200.00
Jcpennys $150
Home depot $1500.00
wamu $1500.00
capital 1-$300.00
gap $200.00
hooters - not sure yet just got approved 12/14/07
would like to have a discover but not sure if I can get approved, also want a circuit city card but scared to try. any help would be nice
16 years 4 months ago #430