New To Board

Replied by Meya on topic 98% ,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You

98% ,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You are a fool for that one. They are out hoping that the other 2% will upgrade....
:fun: :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #376

Replied by hjm331 on topic Meya, thanks for the compliment.

Meya, thanks for the compliment. You know I love ya! Try getting that through the heads of the women my age! lol It's all about the 98%!!!! hahaha
16 years 1 month ago #377

Replied by Meya on topic I feel like I live

I feel like I live just to work

That is what the majority of your life will consist of.

I feel you on that one HJM331, I remember when I had a down fall when I was about 2 years away from paying my car off. Sometimes we have to think of "Oppportunity Cost" when we have to satisfy something. I give you all the credit in the world to even think about getting a second job to take care of such a huge responsibility. There are not many out there like you..........anybody here want that hard working individual, here you go...lmao. Jk, you go bro!
:laugh: :laugh: :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #378

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Rbuctodd, dont worry about

Hi Rbuctodd, dont worry about where you put this posting for right now becaue I think it will be benificial for those who are in the same category you are in. As you glance through some forums, you will notice that there are sub-topics inside the main topics which should be 14. When you want to respond to someone who already posted, just click, "Post Reply".

It does not make a difference how long ago that person posted, your posting will be the most recent post and it will get answered. As for using the "New Topic", just make sure that you know your topic will be beneficial and is not a duplicate to another topic. If it is, don't be alarmed because it will be seen and you will have a chance to copy and paste it to the correct forum. By all means, post anything that you want, we love to read postings in here.

As for your credit and credit cards:
1. How many inquiries do you have in all three cb's within the past year?
2. How long have you had the cards that you do have?
3.How many cards have you applied for recently?
4. How many baddies do you have on your report across all three
5. Are you using a credit monitoring agency to keep track of your report?

The reason for asking these questions is because we can get a better idea of where you probalby stand with creditors and how they would consider offering you credit or not. Of course we are not professional financial advisors, but we have multi experience in here with each other and we are familiar with the outcome. There have been surprises in here don't get me wrong, but we could better communicate if we knew more about each other.

If you only have the three cards that you say you have which are First Premeire, Rewards 660, and one pending, it is very important that you build credit before applying for more. I know the feeling that it is to want to see our scores and credit look fabulous, but like HJM said, It takes time. I used to be in the low 400's and now I am at 646, 652, and 678. It took me nearly 5 years to get there. I am desperate for the 750 club, but I gain strength and knowledge from others in here and that is what keeps me in control of my credit.

I know that you can get the Hooter's and Cap One, but if you are loaded with inquiries, then it is time to take a break. If you feel the need to come into the credit addict club, please feel free to do so. Here is the link if you want to take a look at it https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/creditaddicta/

You came to the right place rbuctodd, we are so glad to have you here. You will have this board down packed before this week is out (if not tonight)....lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #379

Replied by hjm331 on topic Sophie, I think that's exactly

Sophie, I think that's exactly how everyone feels. Whatever I make goes to my car payment and gas. That's it. I have to look for another job so I can make money to spend when I go out.
16 years 1 month ago #380

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey, welcome to FG. You

Hey, welcome to FG. You don't need more than 2 credit cards to increase your FICO score. As long as you make your payments on time, keep your utilization though, and don't apply for too many credit cards all at once, you will your score rise in the long run. Trust me, just keep the cards you have now for 2 years and then close the ones that you have to pay a monthly fee for.
16 years 1 month ago #381

Replied by rbuctodd on topic I should have posted this

I should have posted this in here yesterday but messed up and put it under "reviews" for the Rewards 660, sorry I'm new. I appreciate evryones input. People said that I should have have gone for other cards. I wish I would have found this site before I applied for some of the ones I did. I was told that I should have looked into the Hooters card and Cap One I think. I did apply for a Cap One, Citi and Tribute but was turned down. So I have the rewards 660,First Premier on the way and Applied Bank still pending. Should I just stop here for now or should I try for a Hooters card or anything else?

I have saved up so that I can afford to pay all fees off right off the bat and don't need the credit limits to live on. How many accounts should I try to have?

You guys are really great and I ove having a place to gain knowledge

16 years 1 month ago #382

Replied by sophie on topic No, it’s not my first

No, it’s not my first time buying a car. I have bought several. Life is expensive, I feel like I live just to work and I don’t really get to live my life the way I want to yet.

16 years 1 month ago #383

Replied by Meya on topic Was you a first time

Was you a first time buyer in your own name? That is what usually happens. I would have made them go down or walk away to the next dealer. They hate to see you do that, turst me. My next car loan is going to be very easy and comfortable. I have faith that the dealer is giong to finance me, or I might just turn to cap1, I am not for sure but it all depends on who have the best deal.

Life itself is expensive, so we jsut have to deal with it unless we plan on commiting suicide......lol. I don't think sooooooo!
:scared: :scared: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #384

Replied by sophie on topic Yes, I am thankful its

Yes, I am thankful its high. I still noticed that when k got my car loan, my interest rate was high. I still feel like I have bad credit because everything is so expensive and I don’t seem to be getting any breaks.

16 years 1 month ago #385

Replied by Meya on topic Great scores! Wheew, I will

Great scores! Wheew, I will be glad when my scale stop playing up-da-ladder down-da-later with me and get into the 700's.
:fun: :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #386

Replied by sophie on topic My score last time I

My score last time I checked was 720. I do not use a credit monitoring service, I just check it a couple time a year on my own. I don’t want to pay for extra stuff right now, I am trying to save money.

16 years 1 month ago #387

Replied by Meya on topic Smart move Sophie, if you

Smart move Sophie, if you don't mind me asking, what are you scores around now? Do you use a credit monitoring service? If so, who are you subscribed to?
16 years 1 month ago #388

Replied by sophie on topic It took me about two

It took me about two years to get back on track. I paid off all of my debts and I wrote letters and sent letters back and forth. It was a pain, but I understand how important credit is to have.
16 years 1 month ago #389

Replied by Meya on topic How long did it take

How long did it take you to get back on track Sophie?
16 years 1 month ago #390