Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I agree and I am not surprised of this issue. I hate it happened to you, but just remember one thing, you were not the first and you definitely will not be the last. I would not be shocked if I looked up and my Orchard account was closed

thanks Meya,

you know how you have one card that you save for a rainy day that was it, im glad i did not have a balance on it that just encourages me to pay my other cards down and save those for a rainy day
15 years 3 months ago #331
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I agree and I am not surprised of this issue. I hate it happened to you, but just remember one thing, you were not the first and you definitely will not be the last. I would not be shocked if I looked up and my Orchard account was closed.:worried: Just roll on sista and leave them alone, they acutally did you a favor.
15 years 3 months ago #332

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

hello All,

Just Went Online To Check My Best Buy M/c Accts Why Did It Say Closed On One Of The Cards

Called In The First Lady That Answered Said It Was Due To Inactivity And Called Back Got A Supervisor And She Said She Could Not Reinstate The Credit Acct I Said Why Only Close One Of Them And Not The Other She Said She Did Not Know And That I Would Have To Reapply I Am Furious With Them

Hsbc Sucks!!!!

Hsbc Sucks Period...!
15 years 3 months ago #333

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

hello all,

Just went online to check my best buy m/c accts why did it say closed on one of the cards

called in the first lady that answered said it was due to inactivity and called back got a supervisor and she said she could not reinstate the credit acct i said why only close one of them and not the other she said she did not know and that i would have to reapply I am furious with them

HSBC SUCKS!!!!
15 years 3 months ago #334
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Flatbroke is still in the house:white-flag:

Wassup gurl! Glad to hear of your new cards, home**** and all that good stuff. We are happy to hear that the banks have not touched your cards. Many of us are still lucky but don't think we are not out biting our nails. Don't even trip off of Target, they don't even offer enough cl to decrease something. Yet I don't trust them, who knows what is up there sleeve.:laugh:

No wonder why you have been out hiding, you are kicked back in relaxation right about now. WE miss & love ya girl! Congrats and break the house in, just don't do nothing I would do................or Colo.
:popcorn:
15 years 4 months ago #335

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

5% int rate? Thats awesome news!!

Yea, i had to put aside my home shopping a couple of months ago (my parents both lost their jobs in oct (they worked for the same company infortunately)). And I have been paying part of their mortgage and my own rent since than. I am just broke as sh*t these days... lol...

Hopefully in the next couple of months I will be able to get back into homebuying.
15 years 4 months ago #336

Replied by flatbroke on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Nope no issues with credit lines and thanks to advice from Meya and HJM I've recently gotten a new card BB MC, and an increase from Macy's. I checked with Target (Tarzhay) and found that they have a general outgoing message stating that they are not even reviewing accounts for increase in the next few months! Oh I forgot to mention...I was recently approved for my first home loan at 5% interest. LOVE LOVE LOVE to FG!:cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #337

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

2011 is going to be my year. On January 1, 2011, I'm going to apply for the card that I have been saving my credit for and that is the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I would feel a lot better having that in my wallet than an AMEX since that card is difficult to get approved for and has top-notch CS.
15 years 4 months ago #338
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I'm just waiting for my last baddie to drop, my inq's, and then it's a go. Actually I also want to pay off all of my bills and then come at the creditors of the big world. I want to come with 0 balances. So hopefully 2009 everything should be the way I want it.
15 years 4 months ago #339

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Meya, you deserve BOA and Discover (and AMEX for that matter, although you might not want them now). I know you have been rebuilding for 5 and 1/2 years, so its about time you left the sub primers. Also, I think I read on another review of yours that 2009 is going to be your year for everything wiping away?

I tell you what (2009 is def not going to be mine) but 2010-2011 everything will be gone.

The good thing about credit is no matter how much you mess it up you can always get it back (although it does take 7 lllllooooonnnnggggg years to do). lol! And the hardest part is getting over the initial stump and getting that 1st card (I know cause I had to resort to the really bottom feeders). lol. Because of course I didn't know any better at the time.
15 years 4 months ago #340
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

That is rather embarrassing Brian23, someone makes a good payment on their account and think they are going shopping and then "Baam" card gets decline. I am with HJM and Eldarwen, BOFA and Discover are my first targets. I want the treatment that smcc just received from BOFA, had that been Amex, it probably would have caused her to turn around because the snatched the available credit. I hate Amex!:upset:
15 years 4 months ago #341

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I'm very happy with my BOA WorldPoints Visa and will combine my BOA AMEX with my BOA Visa because even though BOA has full control of it, I don't want AMEX making any profit from merchant fees.
15 years 4 months ago #342

I agree too, but if had a CLD on my card (and I didnt find out till I got to the store to pay for the purchase) I would have prob lost it on the CSR rep that day. Its just bad business practice. But than again, they feel that they are above everyone and everything. In a couple years, when this is all over, the consumers will have the last laugh.....
15 years 4 months ago #343

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

You are correct, hjm331. A lot of people that got the CLD's will still keep the cards in the sockdrawer and taking it out maybe once every 6 months for something cheap.
15 years 4 months ago #344
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #345