Credit Scores

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Sorry I am new and

Hi

Sorry I am new and I know I am being stupid about this but why is it important to get these scores you are all wanting to get? What is a good score and what is a bad score and what difference does it make which score you have?

Bye for Now
Jill

3/30/2008 updated
16 years 3 weeks ago #451
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I agree with you lyyssa01.

I agree with you lyyssa01. I disenrolled myslef from the scorewatch also, and I do not like the fact that you have to purchase your report for a one time view neither. I will just do like you, pay for it when I am ready to see it, whcih will not be often.
:worried: :confused:
16 years 3 weeks ago #452

Replied by lyyssa01 on topic For Eq we have the

For Eq we have the trial for Scorewatch. It's probably my favorite. I like the layout and the e-mail alerts, plus the way they graph your scores. For the other two companies we just buy it from Fico Standard which just shows the score for the day you buy it, and let you view it for a month.

Even though we like Scorewatch I don't think we're going to purchase it. After this monthly trial runs out I'll buy one more score for Ex for dh (I'm sure it's went up, but haven't checked) and then probably not purchase anymore until October. By then all our rotating debt will have been paid off and given the banks a couple of months to report it.
16 years 3 weeks ago #453
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic This Response is to trinity3

This Response is to trinity3 from yoyo11

[/b]

Originally Posted March 30, 2008

Hello, i have creditchecktotal.com, they will let you look at all three credit reports, all three credit scores and you can order them everyday if you want for $19,99 a month. I used to have Bank of America credit monitoring, but after I ordered my TRUE Fico score it was off by 65points! I called Bank of America and they said they used there own scoring system. Which is ok , but not so off.
So, creditchecktotal.com used their own scoring system too..again I ordered my TRUE Fico score and they where off 3points. So I'm staying with them. I think there the highest in cost, but the benefit is..
You can order new reports anytime (all three)
You can order new score any time (all three)
Credit change alerts, and the monitor your avalible credit percentage.
Try them, they are good
16 years 3 weeks ago #454
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You took the words right

You took the words right out of my mouth Stilelto.....lol. Thanks!
Also the new fico scoring system (like TU Empire) goes up to the 900's. I will find a link for it.

Here is the perfect link for you Jill, it is by Mary Tompkins;
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/50/1/Your-Credit-Score/Page1.html

PS, everything you mentioned is perfect Stiletto!
16 years 3 weeks ago #455

Replied by stiletto on topic Hi jill, you always want

Hi jill, you always want a high credit score. Your score can range from 350 to 850. The higher your score the better. Your credit score is the report card for adults. If you apply for a home loan, car insurance, even a job, your credit score will be reveiwed. If your score is low, you will always, always get the higher rates. If your score is high you will always get the lower rates. The score let creditors know how you handle yourself. I would advise you to pull all three of your scores to see where you are at. I just pull mine and I am in the low 600's. I am working to get to the high 600's - low 700's by the end of the year. This forum is a very good start for you. :cool:
16 years 3 weeks ago #456

Replied by jillg123 on topic Hi Sorry I am new and

Hi

Sorry I am new and I know I am being stupid about this but why is it important to get these scores you are all wanting to get? What is a good score and what is a bad score and what difference does it make which score you have?

Bye for Now
Jill
16 years 3 weeks ago #457
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ok cool, you are on

Ok cool, you are on the right track. Is there a huge difference with your scores between the two agenices that you deal with? Or are they somewhat close?
16 years 1 month ago #458

Replied by Lyyssa on topic Scorewatch for Eq, I signed

Scorewatch for Eq, I signed up for the 30 day free trial. Also got the Fico Standard through myfico about a week ago.
16 years 1 month ago #459
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Who are you monitoring your

Who are you monitoring your credit through?
16 years 1 month ago #460

Replied by Lyyssa on topic I'm amazed! I have been

I'm amazed! I have been monitoring mine and my hub's credit report like a hawk for the last two weeks. I've been waiting for one big payment to show that it was PIF. Finally, got an e-mail today!! My Eq score went from 604 to 633!! Hubby's score went from 620 to 679!! I'm in shock, I was hoping it would go up, but I didn't know it would be this big a jump. I'm tempted to buy our other scores to look, but hubby's wanting to hold off until after we pay some more stuff next month.

It's always great to see results!! :laugh:
16 years 1 month ago #461
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Your true fico score will

Your true fico score will come from Myfico.com. They have a 30 day free trial for your equifax report and a score watch (where they monitor any changes to your report). Make sure that you cancel within the 30 day range if you do not want to pay $89 per year for continuance. If you want to monitor all three, the closest one that will give somewhat accuracy (not fully) will be mycreditkeeper.com. You can see all three cb's and scores once per month. I would say truecredit.com but hey are soooo off with your scores, this is what everyone calls Fako scores (along with mycreditkeeper). You can view your report every 24hrs with them. The price should be $14.95 per month with truecredit, and $9.99 per month with mycreditkeeper.

I hope this helps!
:cool: :cheesing:
16 years 1 month ago #462

Replied by trinity3 on topic Hi everyone, Can anyone please

Hi everyone,
Can anyone please tell me where I can monitor my true fico scores and monthly or daily activity on my credit reports, including any deletions that may occur?
Thk U in advance
16 years 1 month ago #463

Replied by Lyyssa on topic At the beginning of this

At the beginning of this year dh and I started making serious moves to improve our credit. I was all ready to go. Fired up!! I had read all the articles, testimonials, visited websites, etc. I knew our credit scores weren't that great and I was prepared to dispute.

So we get our credit report and to my dismay... it's accurate! The only thing we had to dispute was they said we lived at addresses we were never at, and those came off with ease. There was one collection on my report from 2004, but it was deserved. I sent in a letter anyway, saying that the collector's said it would not be reported.

So what was keeping our scores so low? Mostly history and uti. I had been in the habit of getting bored with a card, or not using one, and then just cancelling it. I hadn't kept a cc for more than 9 months. In fact, when we originally set off on this credit clean up it was our intention to cancel ALL of our credit cards. In the end we chose to cancel four (all four of them refused to budge on APR or cli). We were left with 4, one in dh name, one in mine, and 2 store cards for dh.

So after reading more articles, we decided to open up two new cc accounts to transfer those other high interest cc to 0% Citis for 12 months. Together, they were just shy of $4000. We are hitting them aggressively, and are scheduled to be paid off by August. Other than the 2 Citis I opened a Penneys, Chase and HSBC Direct Rewards Discover ( :upset: I have issues with that last one). DH opened one Citi and a Home Depot.

And all we're doing now is playing the waiting game. We're letting our new accounts grow and make us look extra pretty, and also paying down our uti. Right now, both of us have low to mid 600s. We did a Fico simulator (which we were told is very accurate), and by Christmas my score should be in the high 6's, and dh in the low to mid 700s! In two years we'll definitely be reading to go shopping for building loans (we're wanting to add another room and sunroom to our house).

I'm very excited and positive.

Amex better be ready for me next year when I'm knocking on their door. :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #464
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You will be alright MaryM,

You will be alright MaryM, don't worry about it.
:fun: :fun:
16 years 1 month ago #465