Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic I have the BofA AMEX

I have the BofA AMEX and it's a pretty good. I'd say that the Americard is the best card not only for BofA but in the business right now because I don't see anyone giving 1.5 pts per dollar. That's the offer to beat right now. Of course, they give you 1.25 pts for every dollar and if you maintain a checking account with them, they increase your rewards by 25% every year which rewards you with 1.5 pts for every dollar spent.
15 years 11 months ago #1726

Replied by hjm331 on topic Your best bet at the

Your best bet at the moment is to apply for their regular store card and use it. Make your payments on time and ask to be converted in a year. If you like it so much, use it heavily so that increases your chances of being converted to the AMEX.
15 years 11 months ago #1727

Replied by smcc on topic Without Question it would be

Without Question it would be the BankAmericard! BOA gives generous CLI's with this card and the ability to rack up points is great! After that one it would be The World Points Platinum Mastercard, followed by the World Points Platinum Visa. Have the BankAmericard and had the WorldPoints Platinum Visa
15 years 11 months ago #1728
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Oirginally Posted by KellBell in

Oirginally Posted by KellBell in Credit Reviews 5/14/2008

Dillards is a great card to have. This retailer offers more than just apparel and housewares. There are salon services, travel, and other such wonderful things. If I had known this, I would have applied much sooner.

I plan on taking one of their tours to South America, but my credit limit will not suffice to finance the trip. Does anyone have a recommendation as to what I put in a grievance letter to up my limit so that I may receive a CLI?

Where do I send such grievances?
15 years 11 months ago #1729
  • BJeep1983
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BJeep1983 on topic JUST CURIOUS..WHAT DO YOU THINK

JUST CURIOUS..WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BEST CARD W/ BOA IS??
15 years 11 months ago #1730
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Origianlly posted by Debtor00 in

Origianlly posted by Debtor00 in credit card reviews on 5/10/08

I don't want to sound like the little devil on everyone's shoulder cause I know this site is becoming less and less like a card review site and more and more like an addiction club... but... I have had family members with bad and no credit history that have gotten some good limits on this card. I shop on amazon a fair amount of time so I went and checked out the application. I noticed it was a little different than most chase applications. Most chase applications have 3 check boxes that say be sure your credit report is clear of 1. bks, 2.serious del and 3. be sure that you have not been denied by chase in the past 6 months. THIS ONE DID NOT SAY YOU CANT HAVE BEEN DENIED CREDIT WITH CHASE IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS. Does this translate to an easier approval process? The answer has been yes for some of my family!! I'll give it a try but I'm pretty tapped out on inq. so I don't think my response will be a good gauge. I'm talking well well well into the double digits (yeah, I know, crazy). But interestingly enough...despite my unreal amount of inquiries, last week I got approved for a $1000.00 limit on a chase issued circuit city card... funny huh? Anyways, if anyone has an opinion on the application process with this card, please let me know.

15 years 11 months ago #1731
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks for responding to the

Thanks for responding to the question hjm331!
15 years 11 months ago #1732

Replied by hjm331 on topic Asking for a CLI from

Asking for a CLI from AMEX nowadays is pointless because of the all the CLD's going on. It's better to use/sockdrawer the card until they decide to change their attitude.
15 years 11 months ago #1733
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Origianlly posted by Adam in

Origianlly posted by Adam in Reviews on 5/17/2008

Anyone have a secret backdoor number to call to get a CLI? These guys are stingy! I pay at least a week early every month and I pay it in full. I have two cards with them, one a $300 limit w/ 10.99% interest and another with a $500 limit w/ 18.99 % interest. Just wondering if anyone had any luck with this bank in the way of CLI's. Also, I don't see the card on this site that I have with the 10.99% rate. It's a World Travelers of America MC. Check it out at www.worldtravelersofamerica.org On that web site they show my exact card but it is showing offered by Bank of America. Mine is definitely with HSBC. It's a great card other then the CL. When you have one your have free access for the "members only" portion of the site offering all kinds of discounts on travel, vacations, hotels, and much more. I got the pre app in the mail a few moths ago.

15 years 11 months ago #1734

Replied by dorrian on topic Hi, I want to get

Hi, I want to get a rewards card and I hear that American Express has the best. I am unsure which to apply for and when. I am looking at the American Express blue card and the AE Delta SkyMiles card.

Currently my scores are as follows:
EQ: 683
EXP: 733
TU: 736

I have 4 ccards and have paid all of them off except one which has $1,800 on a $11,400 CL.

I have one deliquency on EQ and EXP for Oct. '06 (which was my old Apartments fault but I can't get it changed), this doesn't show up on TU.

Besides that I think it is fine. My credit report hasn't been updated since Feb '08 so it is old. It says negatives for me using over 25% of my CL. But I have lowered that significantly.

I just want to know if I have a chance and for which one or both (I want the miles, but the blue has a promotion of 15 months w/no apr, or if I should wait. Thanks! :)
15 years 11 months ago #1735
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic NO, just go out and

NO, just go out and by yourself and that is for real. The AU thingy is not worth you being happy because you see your scores are going up and then take a hard impact when it is removed. I would just go for joint account instead. It is your best bet YoYo11.
15 years 11 months ago #1736

Replied by yoyo11 on topic You're right Meya,,,,,i have another

You're right Meya,,,,,i have another questions...if my brother gets a card in his name, and have me as a a/u ..will that benefit me? I know the new Fico 08 doesn't consider this anymore...just wondering
15 years 11 months ago #1737
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

Hello everyone, since a lot of us are asking questions about credit cards on the review board, I think this will be a better place for us to share the info instead of mixing the two. It does not make a difference which credit card that you would like to discuss, all you have to do is click "Post Reply" and ask away. Please, please, try not to start a "New Topic" on a particular credit card because there are over 600 cards on Financial Globe, which will cause this Forum to go over-board. All you have to do is post here and watch the thread grow.

I see that a few postings are going to be removed from the review board, and YoYo11 had a question in regards to Orcahrd and how often do they post. YoYo11, Hjm331 could have never said it any better, Orchard is very slow with posting to our credit reports. I just took a look at my report and they have not posted for April 08', but I bet if I did not make a payment, they will probably have that posted by today and retro all the other months. They kill me with their reportings, I will be glad when I am able to give this card up.
:fun: :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #1738