Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Congratulations!

They asked for
-A copy of a recent bank statement
-A copy of my last pay stub
-A copy of my last tax return
-A copy of my last utility bill

My credit history is 4yrs long. I think that they asked for all of this information because I have a fraud alert and special notes that say "don't confuse me with other relatives with the same name." I had an issue with my dad's bad decisions showing up on my credit report. They may not require all of this info from you. But after I sent it in, I was approved.
13 years 3 months ago #136

Replied by krave on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Just got approved for the Citi Platinum Select MasterCard. They gave me a $4000 limit. This will allow me to further prune my credit garden. Specifically I think I am going to get rid of my Target card. (It only has a $400 limit.) The main reason I applied for it was because of the 24mo 0% interest on balance xfers.

Congratulations! :white-flag:
I received a "Pre-Approval" letter from them, for Citi Platinum Select and Diamond Preferred Rewards Card. I'm still undecided if I should apply.

What did they ask you? Did they for ask any proof of income, etc?
How long is your credit history? Thanks in advance!
13 years 3 months ago #137

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Just got approved for the Citi Platinum Select MasterCard. They gave me a $4000 limit. This will allow me to further prune my credit garden. Specifically I think I am going to get rid of my Target card. (It only has a $400 limit.) The main reason I applied for it was because of the 24mo 0% interest on balance xfers.
13 years 3 months ago #138

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Glad to hear that you're treating you right but don't be surprised if they start having mood swings and decrease your CL/jack up your APR.

For now I only have the Zync charge card. But after I have six months history, I am willing to apply for the Blue Cash.
13 years 4 months ago #139

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Glad to hear that you're treating you right but don't be surprised if they start having mood swings and decrease your CL/jack up your APR.
13 years 4 months ago #140

Yep, that one place is in my wallet.

Lol Hjm, I had read this a few times to get it. I literally laughed out loud. :cheesing:

I still like AMEX though :p
13 years 4 months ago #141

I have been very satisfied with my AMEX Zync card . . . I have only had one place where AMEX wasn't accepted.

Yep, that one place is in my wallet.
13 years 4 months ago #142

I have been very satisfied with my AMEX Zync card . . . I have only had one place where AMEX wasn't accepted. :cheesing:
13 years 4 months ago #143

AmEx has higher interchange fees so therefore, Macy's would be more profitable with having their card on the AmEx network than Visa.
13 years 4 months ago #144

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Did your rates and CL stay the same? I haven't received the new card yet.
13 years 4 months ago #145

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I received a notice a couple of weeks ago letting me know that the Visa will be replaced by AMEX. I assume that all Visa cardholders will get the new AMEX card.

I did not receive any notice at all yet maybe today I just received the card and I like it :white-flag:
13 years 4 months ago #146

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

this past week I received a new card from Macy's for one of my old cards and fact It a Macys american express card that I received this past weekend when did they come out with this card do anybody Know ?????

I received a notice a couple of weeks ago letting me know that the Visa will be replaced by AMEX. I assume that all Visa cardholders will get the new AMEX card.
13 years 4 months ago #147

this past week I received a new card from Macy's for one of my old cards and fact It a Macys american express card that I received this past weekend when did they come out with this card do anybody Know ?????
13 years 4 months ago #148

Replied by LBCutta on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Well, I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. I have a Orchard Bank Platnium card and tried the Cap One. I used they're pre approval on site and was approved for a Platnium card. And of course I get the standard wait 10-14 days. So I use credit monitoring and I get an inquiry from Cap One on Transunion and Equifax. This morning they deleted the Transunion inquiry. Does anyone know what this means? I'm afraid it means I was denied. mY scores are TU - 631 EX - 594 EQ - 606
13 years 5 months ago #149

A friend i work with who according to her her credit is "terrible". she wants to start with 2 accounts and start re-building. due to a divorce, she has a forclosure on her credit from chase home finance. hasnt pulled credit reports yet, but i was telling her how i have been re-building myself for 2 years now, and suggested that she go in to wal mart and try applying. she went in and was approved not for the wal-mart credit card, but the wal-mart discover for $1200 credit limit. she was very suprised and very happy. she has no other open accounts. does anyone have a suggestion on what would be a good second card to open in this situation?

Capital One
13 years 5 months ago #150