Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

When I pulled my last credit report it said that I need to have a mortgage, was like what is wrong with having my home paid off. Also noticed the new scoring system. I think we are in for a bumpy ride until all these federal changes stop. I must receive account change notices every day for the last year for some thing or another. Just keep your accounts in good standing.
12 years 11 months ago #106

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I decided to pull the trigger and apply for the discover more card. I hit submit and it said processing for over 2 minutes, then came up and said

Nice card choice! And good luck. :cheesing:
12 years 11 months ago #107

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I decided to pull the trigger and apply for the discover more card. I hit submit and it said processing for over 2 minutes, then came up and said: we have received your information but need more time to process your application. I hate the waiting to see if i am approved part, but i hope i will be approved.
12 years 11 months ago #108

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Okay, i have a question for you guys. after pulling my credit reports, It said having low limits on your bank revolving credit lines counts negatively against you. Does this mean because i have low limits on my visa/mastercard and store cards dont count in this area? My scores are in the 670's right now. Here the cards i have that are open right now

Even people with low 800 scores get reasons why their scores are not as high as they could be, so don't take it too much to heart.

As far as credit cards with higher limits...your score is pretty solid now, especially since you got rid of the last collection. I notice you really don't have any prime cards, so really any of the major prime banks are worth considering. Stay away from Signature or World cards as they don't typically report a credit line (these days, most of the rewards cards you see will be a Signature or World card-especially with Chase). Some of the higher credit line cards I have seen are: US Bank, USAA, Navy FCU and Pentagon FCU.
12 years 11 months ago #109

Okay, i have a question for you guys. after pulling my credit reports, It said having low limits on your bank revolving credit lines counts negatively against you. Does this mean because i have low limits on my visa/mastercard and store cards dont count in this area? My scores are in the 670's right now. Here the cards i have that are open right now:

JCB, $1000 limit $56 balance
First Interstate $1000 limit, $0 balance
Capital one $750 limit $114 balance
Wal Mart Store card $1000 limit $25 balance
JC Penny store card $1800 limit $0 balance
kohls store card $800 limit $0 balance
Paypal $400 limit $0 balance

Equifax has no baddies, no lates at all the 2 charge off dont show on equifax
transunion has no collections, no lates, 2 charged-off accounts about 5 years old
experian has no collections, no lates, 2 charged off accounts 5 years old.

Could anyone suggest some higher limit visa or mastercard cards i may be approved for with my scores/credit profile??
13 years 21 hours ago #110

I just checked my equifax credit report, and realized that the last baddie dropped off of my equifax report sometime in the last week!! It was an old medical collection. how much should this have effected my fico score?
13 years 2 weeks ago #111

If you zeroed all your cards out and provided no activity; an automatic closure could happen (reflecting negatively on your credit report). That would pretty difficult to do though. :cool:
13 years 2 weeks ago #112

Question for everyone.... would balance transfering all of my balances to one card effect my scores at all? i have a small balance on my wal mart card, and my best buy card...... i got three blank checks in the mail from capital one today for 3.99% for 12 months. pretty good deal. Has anyone had any experience with these blank balance transfer checks with a low ratre before?

Essentially, you would still have the same balances and available credit lines, you are simply rearranging where the balances live; therefore, I don't believe that it should negatively impact your score. Now, having said that, would these balance transfers make your total balance more than 50% of your available Capital One credit line? You want to make sure that you don't exceed 50% of the available credit line, and if possible, 30%-again, either way, it shouldn't hurt your score as a whole since the balance amount is not changing.

Capital One routinely sends the balance transfer checks, they can come in handy and I have never had a problem with them. Just make sure that you have a $0 balance on the card (or any card) that you are going to transfer the balance to. If you have an existing balance on the card, your monthly payments will go towards the higher APR first, so your balance transfer will be charged 3.9% every month until you paid off the higher APR balance.
13 years 2 weeks ago #113

Question for everyone.... would balance transfering all of my balances to one card effect my scores at all? i have a small balance on my wal mart card, and my best buy card...... i got three blank checks in the mail from capital one today for 3.99% for 12 months. pretty good deal. Has anyone had any experience with these blank balance transfer checks with a low ratre before?
13 years 2 weeks ago #114

Citi "Thank You Card" Mastercard

Does anybody have knowledge of this card. Received and offer in the mail. While it seemed interesting I am unable to really tell why I would want the card. Points may be used for almost anything. What they don't tell you is that your redemption is not at the true 1 to 1 ratio. It depends on the number of points and this appears to make the card worth less than other rewards cards. Help! ANY KNOWLEDGE OUT THERE...?

Is it that blue card with the silver arch (half circle)? A lady I work with had a Diamond Rewards card and she was sent a letter stating that they were replacing her card with the Thank You card. I have also heard that people with the old Drivers Edge card are being changed over to the Thank You card. They have done Thank You rewards in the past...it seems to be mostly a point reward system. There was no change to her account number, "platinum" status (ie reports credit limit) or APR.
13 years 1 month ago #115

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Citi "Thank You Card" Mastercard

Does anybody have knowledge of this card. Received and offer in the mail. While it seemed interesting I am unable to really tell why I would want the card. Points may be used for almost anything. What they don't tell you is that your redemption is not at the true 1 to 1 ratio. It depends on the number of points and this appears to make the card worth less than other rewards cards. Help! ANY KNOWLEDGE OUT THERE...?
13 years 1 month ago #116

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I was denied a cc and it was because I was too low on cl on my two other credit cards. I would like to know how to negotiate with them to possibly reconsider my application for credit. Any ideas??

We're going to need a little more information to be able to help you out. What card did you apply for? What cards do you currently have and what are their credit lines?
13 years 1 month ago #117

Replied by vmoore0607 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I was denied a cc and it was because I was too low on cl on my two other credit cards. I would like to know how to negotiate with them to possibly reconsider my application for credit. Any ideas???:confused:
13 years 2 months ago #118

Hi, with my new Blue Cash I get 5% cashback after spending $6,500. Now after I reach $6,500 will the 5% be applied to all my past spending or just beyond the $6,500 mark?
13 years 2 months ago #119

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Question on Best Buy credit card

Hey guys I'm new here but I just had a quick question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I applied for the Best Buy credit card from HSBC back in November and was approved. They said the card would be here in 4-6 weeks, but never arrived. So I called and they said it was sent back and they would send a new one. This was back in December before Christmas, and the card still has not arrived. So what I'm wondering is

You should have received the card by now. I would make sure that there is no fraudulent activity on the account for starters. Then, as Joey said, because you have already used the inquiry and new tradeline, you might as well keep it. Do you live in a new area? Sometimes the post office has issues with new neighborhoods. Otherwise, I would call them and have them send a new card, maybe even request a new account number beforehand. Good luck!
13 years 3 months ago #120