Amex

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Amex

The Rep Told Me That She Dont Like Working There Anymore She Looking For A New Job

Well shes setting herself up for getting the boot. ive worked for call centers and they monitor your calls. Show signs of uninterest and they start getting on you either till you quit or they fire you.
15 years 8 months ago #226

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Amex

No store cards hurt your scores or credit, they have to be balanced out with Charge cards, dept store cards, master/visa, loans, installments, and things like that. Having too many store cards without credit cards will slow your scores because they do not have positive impacts like credit cards, etc. The 3 Cb's weighs this while scoring us.
15 years 8 months ago #227

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Amex

Hmmm, well, all banks , ok, I cant say it hehehehe, if you have a collection or any bad marks like a judgement, charge off etc, you can NOT get a card from AX, Discover, or Banks with over 50 branches EXCEPT for Capital one and HSBC they have BOTH level of cards. So you can get approved for like a HSBC orchard bank card but will DENY you for a AX card.

Haha, Porgy is wrong...yet again! I have a collection AND a judgment AND and AMEX. Sure, it's the Delta AMEX, but still an AMEX. And it's issued by AMEX financial services, NOT HSBC or GEMB. Where does he get his information from? I hope he didn't interpret his medical school textbooks as poorly as he interprets the other information he reads. I wouldn't want him diagnosing or working on any part of my body!:laugh:

This is the same guy that misquoted Suzie Orman when he stated that she said having a store charge hurts your FICO. Store charges help your credit as long as you maintain a good payment history and utilization like EVERY OTHER revolving credit line!
15 years 8 months ago #228

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Amex

I don't think an AMEX representative would say that. AMEX CSR's are always courteous and polite and if a rep did really say that, he/she would be fired on the spot because all phone calls are recorded.

And why wouldn't an AMEX rep say it? When people are disgruntled and fed up they could careless about whether or not they are being recorded
15 years 8 months ago #229

Wow, good postings. But I have to agree with what everyone just said. I understand that business are getting their heads torn off and everything, but why tear the head off your paying customers. Amex (and any other bank) have lawyers to go after you for their money. I am pretty sure that Amex has taken high limit, non payers to court over their ends. But I have one thing to say MR. AMEX, since they are all tied up over the top dog customers, what happens next after one of them bankrupt? I'll tell you what happens, their mouth falls to the floor, because they were so busy watching the small timers until they missed what can happen to the big timers. When there is a rich one, there is a poor one right around the corner disguising themselves for normal or special attention.

I have seen Amex mess a guy over on the news and he is taking them to court. Amex failed to respond or make a comment to the media, but they are going to have to come out of that corporate hiding closet one day. They knew that losses occurs in a business, so maybe they should just move in our house and put their name on our bank accounts to trust us.
15 years 8 months ago #230

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Amex

I think that Amex is going to lose a lot of buisness. I am hearing a lot more of FRs as well.
15 years 8 months ago #231

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Amex

Well She Did Say That I Just Thank She Was Just Mad To Cuz Here Limit Were Cut To

i Don't Think An Amex Representative Would Say That. Amex Csr's Are Always Courteous And Polite And If A Rep Did Really Say That, He/she Would Be Fired On The Spot Because All Phone Calls Are Recorded.

15 years 8 months ago #232

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amex

The Rep Told Me That She Dont Like Working There Anymore She Looking For A New Job

I don't think an AMEX representative would say that. AMEX CSR's are always courteous and polite and if a rep did really say that, he/she would be fired on the spot because all phone calls are recorded.
15 years 8 months ago #233

Replied by Adicus on topic Re: Amex

I'm not sure what is going on with AMEX's consumer cards, but as far the Business cards go, they haven't disappointed as of yet. I have the Platinum Business card for 3 years and a steadily increased credit line of $75k along with all the perks. I agree with SMCC on all banks doing that.
15 years 8 months ago #234

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Amex

What was fishy in my situation is I was $200 away from paying it in full, made a large payment the previous month and then they decided to decrease my credit limit and tell me in a letter that it was due to my inability to pay my debt. They wrote that it was based on othe AmEx customers with similiar profiles and spending trends. NOw isnt that ridiculous?????

Well what the CR told KIEJON9 should be proof enough that AMEX is a bunch of crap now!
15 years 8 months ago #235

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Amex

Ok guys I know I am going to be hated for saying this but isn't AMEX doing the same thing the banks are doing? If the bank looks at your credit report and sees that you owe "x" number of dollars to "x" number of banks,creditors, etc., aren't the banks doing the same thing? I've talked to Meya about this before, you shouldn't be judged by your other accounts when they are all in good standing and your making more than the minimum payments on all of them but the reality is the banks along with AMEX are getting hammered and they are trying to stop the bleeding. Should the plan of action be to pay off all your other cards down to zero, use your AMEX card exclusively and have them restore if not increase your credit limit from where it originally was? Oh yeah, I don't have one because of dings on my credit report and still consider AMEX to be the creme de creme and I know the annual fees are outrageous but its still the card to strive for.

What was fishy in my situation is I was $200 away from paying it in full, made a large payment the previous month and then they decided to decrease my credit limit and tell me in a letter that it was due to my inability to pay my debt. They wrote that it was based on othe AmEx customers with similiar profiles and spending trends. NOw isnt that ridiculous?????
15 years 8 months ago #236

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Amex

Ok guys I know I am going to be hated for saying this but isn't AMEX doing the same thing the banks are doing? If the bank looks at your credit report and sees that you owe "x" number of dollars to "x" number of banks,creditors, etc., aren't the banks doing the same thing? I've talked to Meya about this before, you shouldn't be judged by your other accounts when they are all in good standing and your making more than the minimum payments on all of them but the reality is the banks along with AMEX are getting hammered and they are trying to stop the bleeding. Should the plan of action be to pay off all your other cards down to zero, use your AMEX card exclusively and have them restore if not increase your credit limit from where it originally was? Oh yeah, I don't have one because of dings on my credit report and still consider AMEX to be the creme de creme and I know the annual fees are outrageous but its still the card to strive for.
15 years 8 months ago #237

if I Had A Rep That Talked Like That, I Would Be Scared Of Amex. I Would Think Of Them Being Blacklisted For Real

15 years 8 months ago #238

If I had a rep that talked like that, I would be scared of amex. I would think of them being blacklisted for real.:embarrassed: I am not saying that you are fibbing or anything, but that rep should have not told you anything like that. Amex should not have a rep to represent them like that.:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #239

Hello Meya Let Me Tell You This I Was Talking With Amex Rep Today To Pay My Bill And I Ask Her Whats Up With Amex Cutting Limits The Rep Told Me I Dont Have To Worry Cuz Mr Jones You Made 300,000 Last Year And You Have A Black Card And You Have Less Moeny Going Out Man Come On

i Would Take That Personal If I Were You. I Bet They Dont Do That To The People Who Make Over $200k Per Year. They Are So Afriad That Small Timers Are Gonna Get Over On Them, I Mean Dang, Dont They Have Insurance For That? They Might As Well Deny You At The Door Before They Pull Stunts Like This One. I Have Not Heard Anyone Come In Here With High Salaries Complaining About Amex. But Then Again Somene With That Type Of Salary Probably Would Not Be On A Finance Site

15 years 8 months ago #240