Amex

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amex

If you don't want to get on AMEX's badside, then carry a charge card rather than a credit card. AMEX has proven that they are uncomfortable when a consumer carries a balance on their credit cards.
13 years 11 months ago #166

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Amex

I downgraded to the Gold Premier card instead of the Green is because of the reward structure. I get 3 points for travel (airfare), 2 points for grocery stores and gas stations, and 1 point for everything else. On the Green, it would have been 1 point for every dollar spent. With the Gold card events, if they have something in the Cleveland area, I would probably go if it interested me, but most are far away and don't interest me.
13 years 11 months ago #167

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Amex

That has been my sticking point Eldarwen, paying the AF and not taking advantage of the full capability of the card. There are many perks with the Premier Card that I have not taken advantage of, yet it still demands $175 year.

I was doing some research last night when it comes to AMEX and maybe someone out here can confirm, when it comes to their charge cards, although the "No preset spending limit" is largely based on your income, that if you make numerous payments to your account within the 30 day billing cycle that this too can raise your "spendable" limit.

Obviously making numerous payments decreases AMEX's risk where the consumer is concerned and they are more apt to trust you with a higher limit with your charge card.

If this is true and someone can confirm this, how much risk is AMEX willing to take to increase your limit beyond what they (AMEX) perceive you can payback based upon your salary ?
13 years 11 months ago #168

When I initially had my Green card, they had a message when I clicked to pay my bill, it said upgrade to the Platinum card. I took the bait and I knew that now was the time to make the descision to either pay the $450 AF or downgrade. My $450 AF would have hit in August but just wanted to downgrade now before that happened. It's not like I was going to get 450 points for the annual fee, but you don't get any kind of rewards when you have to pay the annual fee. If you travel a lot (which I don't) I would go for the Platinum. If you don't, is it worth the $450 AF just to have the card with features that you are not going to use? That is what I had to ask myself.
13 years 11 months ago #169

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Amex

On the website, when you click "all Personal Cards", they show you what you have, what is available, and what you can upgrade to. Clicked on the Platinum (what I can upgrade to) and I am preapproved. Keep chugging along with the Premier Card until the end of the year and re-visit this scenario again.

Is it me or does everyone get all this solicitation mail from AMEX when your in their good graces ?

They've sent me within the last 5 to 6 weeks, four pre approvals for their Premirer Rewards Gold card and maybe down the line i will apply for one.
13 years 11 months ago #170

On the website, when you click "all Personal Cards", they show you what you have, what is available, and what you can upgrade to. Clicked on the Platinum (what I can upgrade to) and I am preapproved. Keep chugging along with the Premier Card until the end of the year and re-visit this scenario again.

Is it me or does everyone get all this solicitation mail from AMEX when your in their good graces ?
13 years 11 months ago #171

The Green and Blue are good cards, I've had both. After awhile, I outgrew the Green and Blue. I converted my Green to the Platinum then down to the Gold Premier because I didn't want to pay $450 a year to have it. I converted my Blue to the Clear then the Blue Cash. I like how more often than not, Amex will let you change products (some you can't change like a charge card to a credit product). I like the new card smell:fun: it;s like the new book smell. I can be so easily amused.
13 years 11 months ago #172

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex

O M G!!

I was curious to learn about the new American Express ZYNC card and was surfing the site... Ended up completing the Pre-selected form, they pre-selected me for the AMEX Gold, AMEX Green, and ZYNC. They have never pre-selected me for anything! Last time I filled out that form was about November with no offers, and last AMEX application was in September for the Blue and was denied. I'm so surprised. I'll check it again in a few months and see if they offer me a normal card.
13 years 11 months ago #173

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex

After I got off work last night, I found out that my Gold Premier came in the mail earlier in the day. It's all shiney, nice and new.

I'd like to say that's pitiful; however, I would only think the same! :laugh: :laugh: HAHAHA. :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have an AMEX... :worried:
13 years 11 months ago #174

After I got off work last night, I found out that my Gold Premier came in the mail earlier in the day. It's all shiney, nice and new.
13 years 11 months ago #175

When I got my origonal Green, they did ask for income. The minimum is $14,400 before they will consider you. I don't know why they ask but I think is that they want to see really if you can pay instead of giving you the card and then not paying the bill.
13 years 11 months ago #176

I'm pretty sure the Green card isn't based on salary, just credit history. The Black card isn't exclusive anymore because I've heard of people being able to upgrade from the Platinum to the Black card. It was exclusive when the only way to apply was by receiving an invitation to apply (ITA).
13 years 11 months ago #177

Is there a minimum salary requirement to be considered for an AMEX green card ? Can someone making $10hr but a credit score in the 700's acquire a green card ?

Reason I'm asking is if salary is not a requirement, can someone with a $10hr job get a green card, have an excellent history with AMEX with his / her Green card and as time passes by upgrade to a Platinum ?

Would AMEX decline him the upgrade considering Salary /AF ?
13 years 11 months ago #178

Personally I love all my AMEX cards always been good to me never FRd

knock on wood
13 years 11 months ago #179

Replied by Jmsr39 on topic Re: Amex

I thimk that they discontinued it last month. I am not looking to accumulate more credit cards this year. I am looking for credit line increases. Any cash back that I redeem goes into my savings account.

Personally I love all my AMEX cards always been good to me never FRd
13 years 11 months ago #180