Amex

Replied by smcc on topic I agree with some of

I agree with some of the other posters, its the reputation the card brings with it. I would apply for one with no annual fee. I would never used it because like others, VISA and MC do a better job when it comes to disputes. We all have worked hard to make our credit the best it can be at the present and for some acquiring an AMEX is the answer for all the hard work and perseverance
16 years 3 months ago #256

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey Paula, can you make

Hey Paula, can you make your question clear for all of us so we can help you out right away? Thanks
16 years 3 months ago #257

Replied by PaulaF on topic Hi SMCC, I was able to

Hi SMCC,

I was able to get the Delta Sky Miles with a $1200 charge-off that I never paid from '05. I applied for the green CHARGE card and was approved, then a few weeks later I applied for the gold CHARGE card and got that one. I used both cards for about a month and then applied for the Delta Sky Miles.

In a few of my previous posting I explained how I contacted AMEX prior to applying for the Delta Sky Miles to see which card I would most likely be approved for since I had been denied 4 other times on other AMEX cards such as: The Knot, NYC and Jet Blue I was told to try for either the Sky Miles or the Amex Blue.

I hope this helps.

16 years 3 months ago #258

Replied by hjm331 on topic I take care of my

I take care of my BofA cards unlike someone I happen to know LOL *cough cough Porgy* LOL
16 years 3 months ago #259
  • porgy1000
  • porgy1000's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I thought you had to

I thought you had to be 18 to get a credit card. Since your 18 now, you must be new to credit cards. Just be careful with them they can be your friend or your worst enemy LOL
16 years 3 months ago #260

Replied by hjm331 on topic Oh, alright. That's probably invitation

Oh, alright. That's probably invitation only. But if I don't receive any offers, I'd definitely choose the Bank Americard card. That's definitely a good deal.
16 years 3 months ago #261
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic They had a promotion back

They had a promotion back in 1999 which I signed up for back then that gives back 2%. I dont think they offer it on new accuonts.
16 years 3 months ago #262

Replied by hjm331 on topic wow, I saw the link

wow, I saw the link and its great for BofA, all my BofA cards came from bank aquisitons and BofA issued me new platinum plus cards with NO rewards.

One of my citibank cards give 4% for most purchases though, well my AT&T citibank visa does. Gas stations, grocery store, and drug chains all earn 4% and 2% on other purchases

I checked the AT&T Universal card, it only gives 1 percent back on all other purchases.
16 years 3 months ago #263
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic wow, I saw the link

wow, I saw the link and its great for BofA, all my BofA cards came from bank aquisitons and BofA issued me new platinum plus cards with NO rewards.

One of my citibank cards give 4% for most purchases though, well my AT&T citibank visa does. Gas stations, grocery store, and drug chains all earn 4% and 2% on other purchases
16 years 3 months ago #264

Replied by hjm331 on topic Yupp there's no need for

Yupp there's no need for that card unless it gives you 2percent back on all purchases. Like I said before, the BofA Americard is the best rewards card in the market right now. Check it out:

http://rewardsfaster.bankofamerica.com/seeforyourself/index.html
16 years 3 months ago #265
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic They sent me a pre

They sent me a pre approved Plum Card. I called them and told them I am NOT in a business card and it says for my business. They said I am considered a business in my line of work. Hmmm, I learn something new everyday. I didnt take the pre approved offer though, like I said, I am over carded and I really dont see a need to have that many cards.
16 years 3 months ago #266

Replied by hjm331 on topic What's the card they sent?

What's the card they sent?
16 years 3 months ago #267
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic AX sent me another pre

AX sent me another pre approved offer for a new card they came out with. It seems nice and all, but I still think my 14 bank cards are enough, that does not include my gas cards and store cards. The one AX card that I have now I hardly use. I am over carded for sure.
16 years 3 months ago #268

Replied by hjm331 on topic I love the look of

I love the look of the card. It's great. Since it has a $750 limit, it'll be safe to use it for internet orders.
16 years 3 months ago #269
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Mine are in the infamous

Mine are in the infamous sock drawer, keep it open for emergencies
16 years 3 months ago #270