Amex

Replied by smcc811 on topic Re: Amex

Thanks FG, appreciate it !
12 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Amex

Score Match computes about 20 different points for each card's recommended score. Some of the weight for computing include past results of applicants (and the scores they had), recent approval rates for new applicants, rewards, etc.

For example, the Platinum card has 6 people, and the Premier rewards card has 13 people that reported their application results to us with their scores. So the program does the math based on those results and adds that as a part of the algorithm. The more people that report their scores, the higher the weight for that point.

Another way to look at the scores as a fair computation is with the approval rates. Most banks have quotas for new cardmembers. Just say that a card's quota is maxed out, the bank will not likely approve as much as they did when they were far from hitting that quota. The FICO recommendation will fluctuate as the system notices these changes.

I hope this helps!
12 years 2 months ago #2

Why is it that AMEX, based on data here at FG, suggests a higher credit score for Premier Rewards Card ( 724 ) than a Platinum Card ( 691 ) when the Platinum card is higher on the food chain as far as Annual Fee as well as certain perks ?
12 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Amex

Does anyone know if AMEX backdates on charge cards?

yes Amex back dates
12 years 7 months ago #4

As of today I have cleared the 100K Rewards Points with Amex, 100,539 ! I should meet the 30K yearly spend requirement and get the extra 15K points for that accomplishment at the begining of 2012. Spend $100,000 to get rewards points valued at $1000.
12 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex

Do you guys think Amex will close my Zync because I never use it? I use the Blue Cash for everything...
12 years 9 months ago #6

I received my first statement for my Amex and noticed that I have a feature called pay over time to which I received a letter about it yesterday, and as much as I love discover website layout, Amex is pretty awesome.

I haven't used Discover's website, but I love Amex.
12 years 9 months ago #7

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Amex

I received my first statement for my Amex and noticed that I have a feature called pay over time to which I received a letter about it yesterday, and as much as I love discover website layout, Amex is pretty awesome.
12 years 9 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amex

Mine has the utilities pack... I don't think it was worth paying the extra for. It's a neat card but I prefer using my Blue Cash because if an emergency happened I wouldn't be required to pay in full.

Yeah, that's true. If I apply for a credit card from them, it would be the Blue card because it's easier to get approved for than the Blue Cash card. Also, I can have them upgrade me to a Blue Cash credit card later on.
12 years 10 months ago #9

I might end up applying for the Zync card but I don't want to pay the annual fee because I'm only going to use it to pay for my monthly Netflix charge.

Mine has the utilities pack... I don't think it was worth paying the extra for. It's a neat card but I prefer using my Blue Cash because if an emergency happened I wouldn't be required to pay in full.
12 years 10 months ago #10

I might end up applying for the Zync card but I don't want to pay the annual fee because I'm only going to use it to pay for my monthly Netflix charge.
12 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex

Which card are you thinking about applying for?

\

I'm trying to talk him into a Zync :cheesing:
12 years 10 months ago #12

Which card are you thinking about applying for? :)
12 years 10 months ago #13

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex

They are supposed to. In theory whenever you first became a Member, that year should follow you to any other Amex product (issued by Amex). I have heard of people whose Member Since date actually pre-dates their birth because they were once an authorized user on their parents card that they had opened prior to that childs birth.

This doesn't mean that they are 100% on this. I recommend applying for a subsequent Amex through your online account management or by calling and letting the rep know that you had an Amex in 2008. I opened my Amex Blue 9/08 three years after closing my Amex Gold and yet the Amex Blue reports as opened 9/99. I was pre-approved for Blue so I applied online-not through account management-and they still got it right.

I used to work with a girl that worked for Amex in SLC, UT and she said they are supposed to always backdate, but admitted that if the wrong rep reviewed the application the original Member Since date could be missed.

With your past issues with Amex, I would call the application in to be sure that they backdate the account. They really are a good company I promise :cool:
12 years 10 months ago #14

12 years 10 months ago #15