New To Board

Replied by charonh on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

You can also go to each credit reporting agency's site (equifax.com, transunion.com, experian.com) and request your scores this way. Its a bit more tedious, but you will get the same results. I subscribe to score watch through equifax for $9.95 (used to be $7.95) per month which gives me my current credit score at any given time and alerts me when my balances increase, if any new accounts are opened in my name, inquiries, dormant credit card activity, etc. It also alerts you if you score changes, up or down, gives you factors that are affecting your score, what you can do to improve your score, and where your score fits in compared to others. I chose them, because it seems in my area they are more predominantly used. You have the ability to set alerts for your score target, etc. Its good to know what things are affecting your scores, before you can go about changing them. Hope this helps.
15 years 5 months ago #136

Replied by bigty914 on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

so the only way of getting my scores is paying 50 bux?

umm.. do u guys think my credit is that bad?
15 years 5 months ago #137

Replied by yendor on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

First things first..

i wanted to know anyone know any sies where i can get my credit scores...
i have this free experian thing where i can look positives and negatives and ******************** like that....

but i can see my score...so how do i go about doing that for cheap!

i own 3 cards

Orchard Banks Gold
Kays
Macys(jus approved yesterday)

all low CLI

thanks for the help.. lloook to hear more from me. as i buld my credit

Like your line says "First Things First"

1) Calm down, and please keep the language civil, as SMCC suggested. You are among many that have experienced very hard and bad credit circumstances and many are still fighting to get it right, I'm one of them. Notice the "Smiley's"? Use them to express your feelings and or thoughts. There's even an "Angry" expression icon.

2) Slow down, and type in clear complete, sentences and or words. You don't need to be an English Major, but members need to understand you, your needs, questions, and desires, in order to give the most accurate advice as we can. I, and many on this site, know how frustrating it can be when dealing with credit restoration.

3) Remember 1 and 2

Okay. Congratulations on your newly approved Macy's card. Regardless of the initial Credit Line, your acceptance shows you are on the right track, heading in the right direction.

Regarding Credit Scores, FICO is the Grand PAPA, The Guardian Angel, The King of Scores..[/quote] www.myfico.com [/B]. Here you will be able to request your Fico Score from each of the credit reporting agency's and you want to get all three. Trans Union, Equaifax, Experian. Each score will be different as there could be, and most time are, different credit accounts listed on these reports.

Now, getting your Fico Scores, is only one part of the restoring process. You will need to also have your credit report from each of the three agency's. I have found that, the best and most accurate report, comes directly form the agency's themselves and not third party. You can get your report free by indicating you have been turned down for credit in the last 60 days.

Good Luck, and welcome.
15 years 5 months ago #138

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

Yes, smcc is right. You don't need to use aggressive speech to get our attention. Your post will show up in the forum with all of the other posts so don't worry about that.

I suggest that you go to myfico.com and buy all 3 scores from the 3 credit bureaus. Along with those scores, you also get your report. You should look at your report and see how you can improve your score.
15 years 5 months ago #139

Replied by smcc on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

Welcome to the sight. Here is an opinion, you don't have to be so abrasive with your title in order to get the needed information your requesting.
Everyone here is very helpful and informative on a number of subjects but we also have a level of civility when interacting with each other.

Hope you find the information you need..............
15 years 6 months ago #140

Replied by bigty914 on topic New Here, Messed Up Credit!

First things first..

i wanted to know anyone know any sies where i can get my credit scores...
i have this free experian thing where i can look positives and negatives and ******************** like that....

but i can see my score...so how do i go about doing that for cheap!

i own 3 cards

Orchard Banks Gold
Kays
Macys(jus approved yesterday)

all low CLI

thanks for the help.. lloook to hear more from me. as i buld my credit
15 years 6 months ago #141

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Kays: $1700
Jared: $1700
Macys: $1200 (CLIs over past 23 months from $100)
Hooters: $500
Bloomingdales: $800

I have gotten so many in the past week...I forgot the rest. LOLLLLL!!!

Macy's was the only credit card/charge card that I had until last week. I just used cash to buy stuff. Not no mo'. :)

Ok. here we go:

Avenue: $250
Express: $350
Ashley Stewart: $250
Capital One: $300
99/500 BoA: $500
Walmart: $150 (yeah, they were wrong for that one)
Target: $200
Bestbuy MC: $300

Mind you with the exception of Macys, all of these cards have been approved and received by me except for the 99/500 since last week. I am through shopping!!!! I mean it!!!!
15 years 6 months ago #142

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Right about now Kays is poppin! But, Jcpenny's, Macy's, Avenue, Walmart, Target (not really, they are good for $200 cl),.........look at this link and you will see all the cards I have from dept store cards with approvals and the increases in increments https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=413&highlight=report

Hope this helps!
15 years 6 months ago #143

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Hi Meya! You have shared some great stuff! I will get a hang of things here shortly. But, what kind of retail stores are good to get? I have none now, but had Macys and Lowes many years ago.:cool:
15 years 6 months ago #144

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Right on Mskiwi, you go girl!:white-flag:

Hi Desoni, we are so glad to have you here with us! Welcome aboard the Network! Here are two links that will get you up and running in no time, even though is seems like you have it already.

1. Short cut to how to post https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=532

2. Difference between new topics and post reply https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=607

It will sort of be confusing in the first few tries, but don't worry about it, I got your back. When your link is moved I will put it in your mailbox to let you know where it is. So always look to your right when you sign in to see if you have any mail from us.

Also here is a great link that was provided by our site author Mary Tompkins, she is someone who have researched her behind off for us. This is a very great article for rebuilding credit

1. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Articles/articles/8/1/Rebuilding-Bad-Credit/Page1.html

2. FG (Mary Tompkins link provided) Guide to fixing and repairing your credit https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=560&highlight=fix+repair

3. Fg credit cards for poor credit https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/Poor+Credit-Needed-Cards.php

4. Also use the score match to find the best card that you might qualify for. https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

I was in the same boat with you on the medical Co's, but I can give you some good news, they fell off way before the due date. But more, you can get some great cards while they are still there. like Cap 1, Orchard, travelocity and some great dept store cards. Please let us know if you need any help.
15 years 6 months ago #145

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Decline Magnet

Some of the hospital bills that went to collections, I went and paid directly to them. Others were paid to the ca. I wasn't taught about credit when I was younger and sure am suffering for it now when trying to clean up my act.
15 years 6 months ago #146

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Decline Magnet

Most co's were medical that have been paid, although the bureaus aren't updated. It's very hard gettinga pfd by the way. I have an apt co for around $2300 from years ago. The thing is, all the ca's keep updating the co's in the current year which makes it looks like new derogatory credit. How are they allowed to do this? Thanks for your replies!

Medical co's are very tricky but since they are paid I believe you can use the HIPPA proccess to get them off your report. Did you pay the oc (original creditor) or a ca? As long as they didn't become a judgement, you should be able to get these off your reports. I'll try to get you info about getting that deleted depending on your answer.
As far as ca's updating, I hear ya. Midland is a pita but I'm nearing the SOL on a collection by them and I can send them a FOAD letter.
While pfd's a hard to come by, if your near the sol they tend to work and right now with the economy as it is, they might be a bit easier to obtain.
15 years 6 months ago #147

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Decline Magnet

Most co's were medical that have been paid, although the bureaus aren't updated. It's very hard gettinga pfd by the way. I have an apt co for around $2300 from years ago. The thing is, all the ca's keep updating the co's in the current year which makes it looks like new derogatory credit. How are they allowed to do this? Thanks for your replies!
15 years 6 months ago #148

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Decline Magnet

To help we'd need a bit more info about those co's you are talking about. If you can list the co with the $$ amount and DOLA (date of last activity) you'd get a bit better response. Credit repair can be tricky.
As far as paying old baddies, you are best doing a pay for delete (pfd) before you ever give a ca a dime. You may be able to goodwill (gw) some of the paid chargeoffs. This doesn't always work, but you never know when you'll get lucky.

The good news is that you have a BOA 99/500 card!!! Treat this card like gold, pay in full NEVER be late and this card will grow with you. BOA is probavly one of the BEST banks to get in with.

Time will heal your credit but you can help it along the way.
15 years 6 months ago #149

Replied by DeShoni on topic Decline Magnet

:white-flag:Hi! I'm a new kid on the block and your forum on credit cards is great! I applied for the JC Penney card and Citi Select Mastercard (both declined). Yes, I'm rebuilding and already have the BOA 500/99. I just can't win. All new credit is positive and never late, but those doggone co's are killing me (paid or unpaid). Any feedback!
15 years 6 months ago #150