New To Board

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: New To Board

hjm331 they closed the account and was able to stop the guy who was trying to make the charges. He was actually trying to get a cash advance for $1300. It sent a red flag up and they contacted me quick. They opened a second account. Both accounts show on my credit report. The first shows paid as agreed closed by consumer and the second one says closed by grantor cuz that's the one I'm behind on
15 years 3 months ago #121

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New To Board

hjm331 , I actually had two credit card with USAA but it's closed now. The first one was stolen over the internet and had to be closed and the second one got maxed out on my move across country. It's closed now because I was so behind on payments after getting out of the military. I'm slowly but surely paying it off.

Did USAA hold you liable for the unauthorized charges on your first card? Why didn't they just change the account number instead of closing the account in the first place?
15 years 3 months ago #122

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New To Board

You can do it. What you will find out is that, staying here at FG takes your mind off of the long haul that you are about to face. I remember when I was itching for the 700 club, teir one cards, all baddies to fall off, ...etc. Now that I have shared my financial stories and listened to others, I don't even worry about anything else because I know as long as I keep up the good work, it will all fall in place. I would not be shocked if I pulled myfico scores, I would already be in the 700's.

The members here has taken so much of that stress and desperate measures away from me. Especially hjm...lol, when I kept whining, he got to the point were he stopped providing me tissue, and just put the facts down, "It is what it is, and your time will come!" A few people has done that to me, so now what I do is just welcome everyone and try my best to take the frustration off of their shoulders because it is going to take time, and the only thing that is going to make it happen is on time payments and the rules and regs of how to handle the credit you currently have.

I look at credit from a different perspective now, I do not let things bother me the way it used to, instead what I am worried about is how my FG family is doing on a daily basis. I am in charge of my finances, I do not them be in charge of me. That is what we need to focus on. So check the board out, meet new people and check yourself into one (or more) of the clubs that we have here, it is really cool. Oh by the way, we do be having chat-room meetings also. You can actually set one up yourself, click the bell over to your right
> and go for it. Ohhhhh we have fun in there, that is when we just talk our behinds off. Just make sure your typing skills are pretty fast because ColoNative, Charonh, and Rivas type too fast. If you want your fingers to fit a smaller ring size, they are the ones to help you get there :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #123

Thanks Meya. I love this site already. You guys are so nice to each other and not jugdemental.:cheesing:

hjm331 , I actually had two credit card with USAA but it's closed now. The first one was stolen over the internet and had to be closed and the second one got maxed out on my move across country. It's closed now because I was so behind on payments after getting out of the military. I'm slowly but surely paying it off.
15 years 3 months ago #124

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New To Board

Welcome DivaDoNot! Here, we just help, help, help anyone we can. The hardest step was to introduce yourself and explain your credit experience, the rest is all down hill. You are going to have a great time here, once you signed up with us, you are no longer a stranger in our books. We have nearly all fell short of our finances once before (some more than once) what we do is focus on correcting that issue and work hard not to fall down that road again. Of course, we cannot see the future, but working to overturn our credit problems is enough strength to keep us from doing the same thing twice.

Seems to me you have it together with posting to the board, but I will just throw a couple of links for you, once read, you are good to go.

1. Short cut to how to post https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=532

2. Difference in between new topics and post reply https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=607

3. Short typing (abbreviated financial words) https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=366

If you are cleaning up your report from Jan 08, you are going to have to gain patience with approvals. Applying for cards during our economic and credit issues are not like they used to be when a lot of us here were out applying. We used to get 50 inq's and creditors did not chop our limits down low or close our accounts. We just got plenty of "Denials" because of so many new accounts or inq's. Try it now and you can loose the cads you currently have]https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/[/URL]
2. Application Status Database]https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml[/URL]
Once you have utilized that feature, here are cards that member have applied for with scores like mines and yours, and they tell you a little story of the steps they went through
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=Nice+cards

Any more questions, please bring all that you have because we are itching to hear them.

Meya!
15 years 3 months ago #125

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New To Board

Hey welcome to FG! You will love it here and will learn a lot. Everyone here is very friendly and are always willing to help each other out.

Have you tried applying for any credit card with NFCU or USAA?
15 years 3 months ago #126

I guess I should formally introduce my self. My name is Dawn. I'm prior active duty, prior reservist and I'm currently a DoD contractor. I am trying to rebuild my credit......yet again. I was doing pretty good until I got out of the military in 06. I had about 6 cards and everything was great. After not being able to find a job for about a year a few were charged off, late payments and the like. I started the credit repair back in January. I learned how to clean up my credit report and I monitor my score with EX thru USAA. I am willing to take any and all advice that this group has to offer because I would love to buy my own home by the time I'm 35(I turn 31 next month).
:shocked: :fun:
15 years 3 months ago #127

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New to site

Hi everyone! I accidentally found this website and am so glad I did

Where are you ladybug? Would love to hear an update from you.
15 years 4 months ago #128

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

New here as well furthering my credit education.
Hope to be chatting with you soon.
Jan

Hello Jan! Good to meet you.:cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #129

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Jan

Ohhhh welcome, welcome, welcome! I can't stop with the welcomes:fun:. Whatever you need to ask or share, we are all here for you. Please don't hesitate to posts and if you get confused by anything, post and let us know. Again, welcome to the Network, the site of friendly people and great real world suggestions. We have all been there and done that, but most of all, love to help support the next.
15 years 4 months ago #130

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

so the only way of getting my scores is paying 50 bux?

umm.. do u guys think my credit is that bad?

Usually you can buy your score for an extra $5 bucks or so. When you get your free credit report (one per year) at www.annualcreditreport.com they bombard you with offers, TU for instance gets you right away and they ask if you want your score for an addiitonal $5.

Another option is to apply for a WaMu credit card as they provide a free FICO score each month. However, if you believe your scores are under 600 do not attempt to apply for a WaMu.

Welcome to the board, I hope you will find the information useful.
15 years 4 months ago #131

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Welcome to FG!
15 years 4 months ago #132

Replied by Jansinnet on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Jan
15 years 4 months ago #133

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hi all, new here !

Bigty914, first off, please check your mailbox:

Welcome to the Network, where members are all friendly and helpful!

I agree with all about this situation, and we are here to help you the best way that we can. Just tone down a little, there are plenty of people here in your current situation, and there are plenty here that came from the same situation and still rebuilding. OK here is a list of things that may be of great value to you. When you get a chance, please provide us with some details of your credit report. It is going to be difficult to help someone when we do not know where to start.

1. Our author Mary Tomkin's (and other members) has provided us with a great step to begin cleaning up credit. https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/CreditRepairGuide/

Also here is the thread where it is carried on by members: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=560&highlight=repair

2. If you are applying for credit, use the "score match" to find cards that are close your current credit and scores. It saves time from looking through the data base trying to find a card that best fits your needs
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

3. Here is a thread where members provided their information on credit cards that they applied for. There are many more to see, but we will take you through it step at a time. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=nice+cards

What is most important is finding out where you stand at. As you know, repairing and rebuilding credit is not an easy task, it takes time and cost money. A nice credit monitoring agency is what we recommend you to begin with after you have viewed your credit from all 3 credit bureaus. Please let us know where you stand so that we can provide more info to you.

Hope this helps!
15 years 5 months ago #134

Replied by yendor on topic Re: New Here..Messed Up Credit!

umm.. do u guys think my credit is that bad?

Hmmm lets see?"New Here..[edited] Up Credit!"

Kind of set the stage, do you not agree?

None of us know what your credit profile is and I don't think we will spend any time guessing. Our assumptions are based on the information you provide, or lack of, and we try to give experience based suggestions. However, any decisions must be your own, because, ultimately you are responsible for your choices.
15 years 5 months ago #135