New To Board

Replied by farmgirl on topic Re: Credit Scores

Hi Farmgirl, nice to meet you. You have came to the right place, to help get you started, you will have to apply for at least once major credit card, and one department store card to help move your scores higher. They need to see more than just an installment being paid for because once that account is paid for, it is closed. Having a student loan that was once in default (regardless if it is paid or not) will still hold an affect on you with other creditors, so let's get your scores building while you are in the rebuilding stage.

Take a look at this link which is the score match, once you input your scores, the system will generate cards that you may qualify for based upon your current credit background. Its OK to apply or start with secured cards, such as Bofa or Wells Fargo, but we always tell new starters to go for HSBC (Orchard) or Capital One. Good Luck!
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

Thanks meya- I have been formulating a plan through all the reading. After I get the student loan paid off, then I will apply for a couple of cards... I think i will probably apply for the Kay jeweler card first- just because it seems easy to get, and I know I won't buy much from them...I will probably apply for a visa through my credit union- they are the ones I have the previously paid off loan through, and they know me since I currently bank with them. I will also try to get a target card or a sears card.... I really don't buy much,lol... I just need to get something established- even if it means charging a pack of socks, lol...
14 years 4 months ago #106

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

Hi Farmgirl, nice to meet you. You have came to the right place, to help get you started, you will have to apply for at least once major credit card, and one department store card to help move your scores higher. They need to see more than just an installment being paid for because once that account is paid for, it is closed. Having a student loan that was once in default (regardless if it is paid or not) will still hold an affect on you with other creditors, so let's get your scores building while you are in the rebuilding stage.

Take a look at this link which is the score match, once you input your scores, the system will generate cards that you may qualify for based upon your current credit background. Its OK to apply or start with secured cards, such as Bofa or Wells Fargo, but we always tell new starters to go for HSBC (Orchard) or Capital One. Good Luck!
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/
14 years 4 months ago #107

Replied by farmgirl on topic Re: Credit Scores

I am new here, and have just spent the morning reading every post on this thread. I recently decided to take control of my credit before it is too late.I am going to be 35 next month, and I don't want to not have credit when I need it. I did not have much to go by- I have never had any credit cards, and I have one stuent loan that is almost pai off- hs been in default though...I disputed some old collections an had them deleted off my reports reecently. My most recent credit scores are TU 584, EQ 572,
EX 584.. I had one loan that I paid off in full over 5 years ago, an it is showing as paid in full...other than that the student loan is all I have now...it will be paid off in full December 9th. I have to say it feels good to be taking care of this. I never had any family training on credit or paying bills growing up- I have a family full of people who have filed bk's, over spent, live beyond their means, and are paying for Dave Ramsey's advice now so they can get control of their financial futures... Anyways, it is nice to meet you all, and I look forward to learning more from you! :cheesing:
14 years 4 months ago #108

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New To Board

Welcome to FG! Prepare to glue yourself to your computer because you well get addicted to the site just like the rest of us! :laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 1 month ago #109

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Thanks for you posting billd445, we appreciate it much. The Finance Network has what we call Score Match which does the same thing. We truly understand how irritating it can be when someone apply for cards which does not match their current financial reputation, so to help reduce such occurrences, the score match will select cards that fits your financial category.
15 years 3 months ago #110

Replied by billd445 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

If you want to know what a good card that your credit card matches up with, I would go to www.peoplesavehere.com cuz you can actually match your score up with a little "legend symbol" and that symbol is placed beside every credit cards so you will have a good idea to what card matches best with your score... they have a good bit of cards too for any type of credit including bad credit.

i dunno, thats what i use and it seems to work well.

good luck
15 years 3 months ago #111

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

Battle of the emoticons. :white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #112

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

:laugh: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #113

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #114

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Preach hjm! Preach! :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #115

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

:cool:
15 years 4 months ago #116

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

What he means is that there is no such thing as Democratic or Republican states in the country. At the end of the day, we all stand united as a country of one.
15 years 4 months ago #117

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Meya President Barack Obama said there are no red or blue states. :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #118

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Backdoor Numbers

:innocent:
15 years 4 months ago #119

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: New To Board

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to get a little nervous because I thought they were forcing you to pay fraudulent charges. I want to wish you the best of luck with paying your current debt off and you will be back up on your feet in no time. In the meantime, we can keep you company. :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #120