Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by KashifS on topic I have had credit score

I have had credit score of 786 Feb 2007.This is my middle score. Since then, I purchased a car ($21000), got approved for 2 ($10K) cards and my score went down to 721.

Cards I got approved for My Credit Union card for 5.99% fixed for life and second one was Chase Bank for $10K for 15 months 0% into and 9% fixed thereafter balance transfer and purchases.

I have used these cards and paid them already.

Currenly, I have found American Express GOLD card that offer 0% intrest and no annual fees and No Spending Limit as long as u pay it at the end of month. But they also say, if u don't pay we have special arrangments for the payment with some intrest options. I can't find the information and looking for help. Has anyone ever had American Express Gold Card for Business?

I have seen 2 more Cards from Advanta Business with 2.99% fixed for Life of the balance but again you have to apply to find out how much they will approve you.
Advanta Life-of-Balance Platinum Card.
2.99% Fixed APR for Life on balances transferred within 3 months
Choice of 6% Cash Back or Travel Rewards
No Annual Fee and No Limit on Earnings
$0 Fraud Liability
Personalized card -- your company name on the top of the card
Intro APR Intro APR Period Regular APR Annual Fee Balance Transfers Credit Needed
0%* 15 months* 9.24%* None* Yes* Good Credit

Has anyone ever applied for Advanta card?
16 years 5 months ago #241
  • diva
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by diva on topic you should called the back

you should called the back door number and ask for credit line increase which is 1-800-889-9939 because i called the regular number and th ey said no when i called back the number listed above they said yes i called for me first had my card ever since 2005. then i called for dh he just opened one in april and they give him one too.
16 years 5 months ago #242

Replied by CLIFTON on topic about multiple cards with same

about multiple cards with same bank, capital one told me on the phone that you CANT have more than one card with them. Dont know if this was specificaly for me or what, Now i had 3 with HSBC, Orchard bank gold, direct rewards discover and Best Buy gold mastercard. Paid off the orchard bank card in september and closed the account. did the same with the best buy, but the lady told me when i was closing the best buy account that that may affect my credit negatively since i opened it in april and closed it in sept.

I just got approved for another CapitalOne Visa card with a 300 dollar cl.
16 years 5 months ago #243

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks for the reply guys!

Thanks for the reply guys! I guess I will just make them sock drawers then.
:foot-in-mouth:
16 years 6 months ago #244
  • BrentO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BrentO on topic about multiple cards with same

about multiple cards with same bank, capital one told me on the phone that you CANT have more than one card with them. Dont know if this was specificaly for me or what, Now i had 3 with HSBC, Orchard bank gold, direct rewards discover and Best Buy gold mastercard. Paid off the orchard bank card in september and closed the account. did the same with the best buy, but the lady told me when i was closing the best buy account that that may affect my credit negatively since i opened it in april and closed it in sept.
16 years 6 months ago #245

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Also guys, I received my

Also guys, I received my "credit increase in 90 days" letter from CapitalOne.

I plan to stay on point with them.
16 years 7 months ago #246

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Meya, just to let you

Meya, just to let you know that I have two HSBC cards: direct rewards and a HSBC Cash or Fly card. I think that the reason that they let me have two cards is due to the fact that I do my primary banking with HSBC.
16 years 7 months ago #247
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Quick Qestion FG! Just wondering

Quick Qestion FG! Just wondering if we could upgrade our capitlal one card or do you have to wait until they offer you a new card. I started with the $300 (needs improvement) card last year, and now I am at $2500. Can you have more than one Captital one credit card? HSBC refuse to offer me another card, they let me have Orcahrd and that is it.

Hi Meya,

If a card replacement is what you want because yours is damaged, just give them a call. If you are asking about upgrading rewards programs, a call should get you what you want as well.

I'm not sure about multiple cards with Capital One, I know most issuers allow this, Chase and AMEX specifically.
16 years 7 months ago #248

Replied by Meya on topic Quick Qestion FG! Just wondering

Quick Qestion FG! Just wondering if we could upgrade our capitlal one card or do you have to wait until they offer you a new card. I started with the $300 (needs improvement) card last year, and now I am at $2500. Can you have more than one Captital one credit card? HSBC refuse to offer me another card, they let me have Orcahrd and that is it.
:worried:
16 years 7 months ago #249
  • Craig
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Craig on topic Thanks for this information. I

Thanks for this information. I didn't know Capital One offered such low interest and high credit limits. I applied for the Platinum Plus and was approved for 7.4% variable (quarterly).

Capital One® Platinum Plus

Craig~
16 years 7 months ago #250

Replied by Meya on topic Oh Yes, Make sure that

Oh Yes, Make sure that you focus with them. I believe that my $2000 increase came from making purchases near the initial $500 limit and paying it off every month. I let them have a few months of finance charges per year by carrying a balance of course. Now I am pretty high with them, but will pay them off in December. All of my creiditors will be paid by Xmas because I am about to purchase an SUV and I dont want any of my cards in the way. Back to the debit card again for a while. I am in the process of freezing my accounts also so that I can not make any inquires to my report. Since I am addicted to appling for credit, I am going to apply for the heck of it because i know they will not get through. LMAO! God I am such a nut case.
:cool:

Hey, by the way, you missed the meeting, it was so cool. I dont know when the next one is but I hope it is soon. The next time we have one, FG and NICK specifically asked for me to inivte my NEPHEW to BBQ for us. They love JUICY meat!
:innocent: :laugh:
16 years 7 months ago #251

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Thank you Meya. I will

Thank you Meya. I will stay on point with this card. Today I paid off my HSBC Cash or Fly with a 194.70 dollar payment and have a zero balance on that card. I also have a zero balance on Direct Rewards. Tommorow, I am going to send 20 dollars to First Premier so that I can have a zero balance on that card as well. Do you think that I should focus my credit utilization to the Capitalone card at this point so that I can build up a good relationship with them and get those nice credit limit increases. I have already made significant payments on my other three cards (even though they are fairly new accounts).
16 years 7 months ago #252

Replied by Meya on topic How often does CapitalOne provide

How often does CapitalOne provide increases in credit limits?

$300 initial limit
90 days later $200 (total $500)
less than one year $2000 (total $2500)

This is the way my increase went.
:cool:
16 years 7 months ago #253

Replied by CLIFTON on topic How often does CapitalOne provide

How often does CapitalOne provide increases in credit limits? I just received my card this past weekend and my limit is now 300 dollars. I have used the card already I plan on sending them a payment this week.
16 years 7 months ago #254

Replied by Meya on topic Cool Fg, this is some

Cool Fg, this is some great inside info. Way to go. :cool:
16 years 7 months ago #255