Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

I am not sure, but your feedback will be really helpful when that time come. Don't ask them what ever you do, don't ask them. Who knows if it was their error:cool:
15 years 8 months ago #151

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Your credit steps will have to kick in first. I would advise to wait 5 or 6 months after the credit steps before calling the backdoor number. You can try it and see, it ownt hurt. The only thing you can get is a yes or no.

I tried it and surprisingly got a CLI before the creditsteps. Will this cancel the creditsteps or will I get it at the time its supposed to kick in?????
15 years 8 months ago #152

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Two months is record-time. :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #153

First time for everything....lol. I was like "How in the world can you have excellent (or good) payment history in 2 months?" It takes at least one year for that, not only that, they reconize it automatically in 6 months :fun:. We learn something new everyday.
15 years 8 months ago #154

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Edited
15 years 8 months ago #155

Hi YoYo, cireone just mentioned that she received a cli in 2 months from cap one. Here is the link https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?p=13085#post13085
Its the first time to hear everything...lol. Give it a try!
15 years 8 months ago #156

While in the credit step process, they are automatically going to give you an increase after the 90 days. The card is too new for a regular cli. Like I told the person above, give it a try if you feel like you are qualified and want to take a chance, it is not like they are going to do a hard pull you or anything. Just to not hear the word NO, I would wait 5 to 60 months after the first automatic cli. Cap one has recognized many of us and surprised us with nice limits after the first one. Yes mines did take a little while and I tell you, they made me feel like I drunked 7 cups of black coffee when I seen my cli. You are talking about "tweakin"......that was not good enough compared to the way my eyes bucked!
15 years 8 months ago #157

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Your credit steps will have to kick in first. I would advise to wait 5 or 6 months after the credit steps before calling the backdoor number. You can try it and see, it ownt hurt. The only thing you can get is a yes or no.

I thought after reading some posts to call before the CLI on the credit steps kick in to call for a CLI. I did not get the credit steps letter because my card came it an automatic increase after 90 days of using the card. My brother got the credit steps letter, and he did try to get a CLI before it kicked in. They declined because of the following: 1. Capital One fees not paid..balance to high..etc. I've used the card but did not know he used it too...balance if $200 on at CL of $300. I didn't mine that he used the card but it's showing on my CR because I'm a AU. Oh well....I'm calling before my 90 days is up!
15 years 8 months ago #158

:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #159

15 years 8 months ago #160

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

SO I read that if you call the backdoor number before your creditsteps kicks in, you can get an additional CLI. How does that come about?????? DO you need to have the account at zero balance??? Or is it just a simple ask and see????
15 years 8 months ago #161

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Capital One Credit Limits

Hey Mom2Parker they did that to me too. When I paid my first payment online they took the money from my account but held it because it was a new account. They also said we wanted to make sure the money was available. I said you took the money from my account thus making it available. I just said ok but after that every payment I have made since then they have taken it out immediately.
15 years 8 months ago #162

I see:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #163

Capital One is really quick with processing payments.
15 years 8 months ago #164

Check this out, today I gave cap 1 a payment (not a monthly payment), only because I had extra money). Well I re-thought about it because i wanted to give Hooters more, and when I went to edit or modify the payment, why did it say "Processing"? :embarrassed: I was like "Whaaaaat", normally it will give me an option to modify before 12am. I cracked up laughing and said, "Oh well" sorry Hooter's:fun: I tried.
15 years 8 months ago #165