Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by CLIFTON on topic I have heard that authorities

I have heard that authorities are considering revising the credit limits of Capital One Credit Cards. Have anyone else heard anything about that?

I read on another site that Cap1 made a mistake in giving some CLI's to some customers and then went back and reduced them. This was rather recent.
16 years 3 months ago #226

Replied by Meya on topic Hey you two, I think

Hey you two, I think Porgy was telling us something similiar to this. i think it is because of the big hit they took, and with Chase considering merging with cap1. I believe that if this was to happen, Chase is going to hit us with higher apr's and may close some accounts because we do not meet chase standards. (This comes from Porgy1000)
16 years 3 months ago #227

Replied by hjm331 on topic Ya I definitely want to

Ya I definitely want to see this on a website.
16 years 3 months ago #228

Replied by Meya on topic I have not heard that

I have not heard that either. Where did you get your sources from colbalt? Was it through normal gossip or website?
16 years 3 months ago #229

Replied by hjm331 on topic No I haven't. Why would

No I haven't. Why would they want to revise their credit limits? Capital One can do whatecer they want with their money. They lend good customers their money so they can make money in return. That's like saying "I have $600 but no one will let me use it."
16 years 3 months ago #230

Replied by cobalt007 on topic I have heard that authorities

I have heard that authorities are considering revising the credit limits of Capital One Credit Cards. Have anyone else heard anything about that?
16 years 3 months ago #231

Replied by hjm331 on topic Attagirl, I charge most of

Attagirl, I charge most of my purchases on both of my Cap1 cards because they are the ones that reward me with their great CLI's almost every 3 months (at my request).

I pay off my balance in full every month.

My oldest card is the Cap1 Platinum Mastercard which is about 7 months old. If I get a lot of CLI's on that card, will it make a huge jump on my FICO score since it's my oldest card?
16 years 3 months ago #232

Replied by Meya on topic To throw my two cents

To throw my two cents in, I do believe that she is talking about cap1 becasue I was using my card like lightening in the begining, but when they gave me the $2500 I used it all in one lump because of my vacation. Now I have nearly stop using it at all and I haev not received on as of yet. My increase was from the summer 07. I dont make any attempt to ask them for an increase becasue they came at me too lovely for the summer. I'll just wait for the next one.
:fun:
16 years 3 months ago #233

Replied by hjm331 on topic Attagirl, is that info specifically

Attagirl, is that info specifically about Capital One cards or all cards in general?
16 years 3 months ago #234

Replied by Attagirl on topic How often does CapitalOne provide

How often does CapitalOne provide increases in credit limits?

$300 initial limit
90 days later $200 (total $500)
less than one year $2000 (total $2500)

This is the way my increase went.

Generally from experience you can make a request once every six months for your account to be reviewed and increased. But they will often increase the limit after 3 months if they see a lot of activity that is being paid off quickly.
16 years 3 months ago #235

Replied by hjm331 on topic they just base it on

they just base it on your account history with them

Thanks Diva. I called the number you posted and it worked! I got two CLI's. One of them is a $300 CLI and the other is a $500. Pretty good, I'm not the one to complain. btw that number isnt only for CLI's, you can talk to them about anything and it seems like they have more power than regular CS.
16 years 4 months ago #236
  • diva
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by diva on topic they just base it on

they just base it on your account history with them
16 years 4 months ago #237

Replied by hjm331 on topic yes that is the number

yes that is the number i called to get my cli and i think you should be able to get one

do they base your limit on your report or on your current account with them? I'm asking this because I have too many inquiries and too much revolving debt which I'm almost close to paying off.
16 years 4 months ago #238
  • diva
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by diva on topic yes that is the number

yes that is the number i called to get my cli and i think you should be able to get one
16 years 4 months ago #239

Replied by hjm331 on topic you should called the back

you should called the back door number and ask for credit line increase which is 1-800-889-9939 because i called the regular number and th ey said no when i called back the number listed above they said yes i called for me first had my card ever since 2005. then i called for dh he just opened one in april and they give him one too.

hey diva, is that number u called for a credit increase on your capital one card? i've had my cap1 mastercard for 7 months now. no late payments and i've never gone over my limit. They started me off with $500 then increased my limit to $750 in the first 3 months. Do you think i'll be eligible for an increase?
16 years 4 months ago #240