Capital One Credit Limits

Replied by Meya on topic Meya if you pay your

Meya if you pay your minimum by your due dates Capital One will NEVER lower your credit line.

Well this is what I was trying to say about them when you were telling us that cap1 is lowering cl's on paying customers as well as defaulters. This is the very reason why i was so tight chested and making statements like, "If Cap1 lowers my limit I am going to close my account" No I feel even more confident to call the back door number in a couple of weeks.
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #211

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I didnt know that capital

I didnt know that capital one was a real bank with branches. When I moved to Texas I noticed that they are on every corner like Bank of America.

I do not have a capital one card but since so many on here are happy with Cap one, I wonder if I should apply for one. I have 13 bank cards now and 2 AX cards, I am not sure I should take out another card :confused:

Meya if you pay your minimum by your due dates Capital One will NEVER lower your credit line. They will try to give you as much credit as they can, so they can raise your rate and break your knees (not that the patella bones are easy to break) :fun: OK, I am shutting up again :dumbfounded:
16 years 2 months ago #212

Replied by Meya on topic hjm331 Meya, once you pay

hjm331

Meya, once you pay off your balance, you should call the backdoor number and ask for a well earned CLI.

Well I have to wait until my dispute is resolved with gemb first. I just called them on the phone and asked them whats up with them removing my fake over the limit on my cr. they said that they are going to report it to them on the last Saturday of this month. The rep also said that my file is already programed to change it with all 3 cb's he sees the dispute as we speak. This is taking too long because it is showing on my credit report as a derog. I will be glad when it is over.

If I ask cap1 for a cli now, they may give me cld (credit limit decease)
:laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 months ago #213

Replied by cassey346 on topic thank you for that back

thank you for that back door # I had a $300 limit I just got off the phone with them and they gave me a increase of $300 now I have a wonderful limit of $600 and I have only had the card since 11/2007
thank everyone :cheesing:
16 years 2 months ago #214

Replied by Meya on topic Here is the newest TRICKS

Here is the newest TRICKS Capital One is pulling to charge more fees;

:shocked: :shocked: :confused:

Shame on you Cap 1!
16 years 2 months ago #215
  • luckylique
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by luckylique on topic you should called the back

you should called the back door number and ask for credit line increase which is 1-800-889-9939 because i called the regular number and th ey said no when i called back the number listed above they said yes i called for me first had my card ever since 2005. then i called for dh he just opened one in april and they give him one too.

I tried that number and it worked. I have two card one visa and one mastercard. They increased the mastercard by $500 and visa only a $100.00. Very good contact and I definitely think they have more authority than the csr I have spoken to three days ago....that said no.
16 years 2 months ago #216

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Here is the newest TRICKS

Here is the newest TRICKS Capital One is pulling to charge more fees;

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/ABigLendersCreditCardTrap.aspx
16 years 2 months ago #217

Replied by hjm331 on topic I just called in today

I just called in today and asked for a CLI on my old Capital One card and they didn't give it to me since I have to wait another few months. I guess this card will go into the sock drawer since I have no use for it now that I have an AMEX card :fun:
16 years 2 months ago #218

Replied by CLIFTON on topic I called the number the

I called the number the other day and had my AF waived on one of my Cap1 Visa cards and the fee would have been due this upcoming September. Cap1 has looked out for me more than my other cards at this point.
16 years 2 months ago #219

Replied by Meya on topic Way to go! What was

Way to go! What was your previous apr in comparison to your new decrease?
16 years 2 months ago #220

Replied by Michael1 on topic Hello everyone, I JUST used

Hello everyone, I JUST used the Capital One backdoor number to lower my APR!!!! :cheesing:
16 years 2 months ago #221

Replied by hjm331 on topic Meya, once you pay off

Meya, once you pay off your balance, you should call the backdoor number and ask for a well earned CLI. That's what I will be doing in 2 months. I should be getting one since I paid them $880 yesterday which cleared my whole balance on that card.
16 years 3 months ago #222

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I do not have a

I do not have a Capital One card, however, I LOVE the TV spots they do. I really dont think that the TV spots will bring them business, but that monkey on that ladies back heheheeheh GREAT TV spots

Now you all keep paying your $29 annual fees so they can come up with new TV spots :cheesing:
16 years 3 months ago #223

Replied by Meya on topic Well they gave me $2k

Well they gave me $2k last summer and they have not came back for it yet. Should I cross my fingers? :scared: :scared: :scared:

Oh wait, they also sent me a letter in regards to the cli, it said something like, "You deserve it, go and take a vacation." That is exactly what I did.
16 years 3 months ago #224

Replied by hjm331 on topic Wow, well I guess it's

Wow, well I guess it's a good thing that I always ask for my CLI's every 3 months since I call the backdoor number.
16 years 3 months ago #225