MP3 players discussion

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Meya, just return the iPod and get your money back even if they charge you a restocking fee. Options are very limited with the iPod. You can try saving the downloaded mp3 files to your desktop and setting iTunes as your default media player. When it shows up into your library (list of songs), you can just drag and drop them into your iPod.
15 years 11 months ago #196

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

That's why I just download free music. I know it isn't legal, but I think it's ridiculous how Apple and other vendors make you jump through hoops just to use music that you bought yourself.

I do a little bit of IT work on the side and have had tons of fun synchronizing IPODS to iTunes after a computer upgrade or hardware failure. Companies like Apple are so scared that you will copy music that they put ridiculous restrictions on their protected content.

I have a 32GB Ipod touch. Its basically an iPhone without the phone. It's nice for watching movies or searching the net, but a slight pain when listening to music. It ticks me off because when you put it in your pocket, and then go to switch songs sometimes it's automatically flipped into landscape mode - and I find myself twirling it around like an idiot until I can get it back into portrait mode and switch to the next track.

I've experimented with all types of MP3 players and have to say that Apple probably has the best product - as much as I hate to admit it.
15 years 11 months ago #197
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

That is crappy. There has to be a way to get all your tunes on to your iPod. Maybe you could go to the support boards on apple and see if you can get help. I don't know how to help you with that problem. Is there any way that you can take all your music, get them onto discs? Maybe then you can get them onto your iPod.
15 years 11 months ago #198

Replied by Meya on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Eldarwen look at this :

Can I transfer music from Rhapsody 4.0 to an iPod?[img]http: //real.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif [/I]

Question]http ://real.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/trnsp.gif[/img]

Answer]not[/B] a supported device for any music subscription service, including Rhapsody To Go, and does not support the transfer of tracks purchased from Rhapsody.

I want my money back, I only bought this thing because i have a music subscription with Rhapsody. I am not going to purchase songs from itunes that I already purchased on my rhapsody account. I might as well get rid of Rhapsody. I typed in a few songs on itunes that were on my rhapsody account and they did not have them. What do I do now? omg they sent me an email about being able to transfer to mp3's well guess what? You have to purchase their ipod in order to do that. pssss, whatever, not me. You were so right about rhapsody not being able to transfer over. I got to go and put on my thinking cap.: upset :: upset:
15 years 11 months ago #199
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I am still trying to get Handbrake to work with my iPod (and it is compatiable with iPods) but I am starting to get frusterated with it. I see that some of the stuff that I don't have is on iTunes. I didn't have the 3 seasons of the Deadliest catch on DVD, so I got them through iTunes. I have yet to try Netflix for my iPod.
15 years 11 months ago #200

That is so true, guess I will purchase that tomorrow when i go out again. Thaks for the heads up. Where do you get yoru movies from? Can you purchase and transfer through Netflex or do you have to get it from Itunes?
15 years 11 months ago #201
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Let me know about that! I am looking at what movie that interest me for my iPod. I have used a little more than half of my memory due to movies. I like the fact that I can put my CDs on my iPod. It's so much easier (iPod) to carry around than a CD player and CD's. I would recommend that you get a case for your iPod. Why sink $250 and to drop it once and have it break?
15 years 11 months ago #202

Yeah, you can use it, they just started it like 6 months or so ago. Just click on preferences and if you see your apple ipod in the drop down, you are good to go. Another thing, it depends on what subscription you have, I have the Rhapsody Unlimited Account. they sent me an email about this a while ago, but I had no interest in it. I am going to try my first download today, if it goes well I will let you know.
15 years 11 months ago #203
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I honestly don't know if you can use Rhapsody on an iPod, but you can always take your husband's songs off your iPod. That is what happened when I first got my iPod. Except I didn't want all this country junk on mine.
15 years 11 months ago #204

Thanks you two! Guess what I did wrong? I never went to apple.com/ipod/start before trying to transfer songs...lol. That goes to show you how far I am behind in technology, i thought it was like a walkman or cd player, just open it and go. Duuuhh, I feel so stupid. The part that I really feel stupid off of is that I did not know that you are suppose to use your fingers in a circular motion to go up and down with the menu, I was clicking the arrows and the dark circle in the middle.

Thanks for the link hjm331, I did not know that I had to download itunes first. I am too used to the how-to's being inside the product, did not know that it comes online.

One last question, why did it take the music from my pc and added it to my ipod? those songs belong to my husband, I do not like thug rap, all my songs are on Rhapsody. Its time to go to the link for instructions. On my way!
15 years 11 months ago #205
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Congrats on getting an 80 gig iPod. There is also a page on apple.com in the support section. You want to go there and look for the iPod classic 80 gig and look at the how-to's and there is other stuff if you want to look at it. That is what I had to do to figure out how to use my iPod.
15 years 11 months ago #206

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Meya, you have to transfer your music through itunes. Here are some good tips on using your iPod.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-niC1Ui6lxNL/learningcenter/car/ipod/guide.html
15 years 11 months ago #207

Ok, so I went to Target tonight to purchase the black iPod 80GB and I plugged it up to my computer right? All I see is "connected, eject before disconnecting" then the little arrows will start going around in circles. Is this because of the 4 hour charging? It said I could transfer songs while it is charging and nothing is transfering to the iPod.

It only came with skinny stick in your ear earphone, a pc charger, and quick instructions that is a little piece of paper folded about 5 times. That is not telling me how to use this darn thing. Do I have to go to itunes to get more info? :worried: :upset: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #208
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

To get movies on an iPod (if you don't want to get them through iTunes) you can use handbrake.com. That is how I got some the movies I already own onto my iPod. There are a lot of programs to do that with an iPod. I only have purchased the 3 seasons (that are already out) of the Deadliest Catch.
15 years 11 months ago #209

You mean to tell me that sites are allowing people to come in and steal music? That is sooo not cool. I will just stay with rhapsody and pay my $34.99 and download the music I already purchased. I am about to through this up all in her face, and she just told that "Fake" testimony in church last week talking about how...........................ewwwww let me call her job right now. See what happens when you say something and don't know who knows who? What I just found out from you, is how it works and it pays to keep your mouth shut. She is busted..hahahahahah. Miss Christian almighty! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #210