MP3 players discussion

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

All - went to Best Buy and purchased an IPOD ($149.95) and it does FM Radio so I can walk it. Pretty cool and it plugs directly into my car with either a pin jack or USB port connector. Who would of thought that would replace radios, casettes, eight tracks, CD players and the like? Now as to IPODS and SIRIUS Radio, no crossover or interconnection. Checked this out to the point I knew more than the people who are suppose to know. Surprise ... surprise ... surprise... that what's being a "pit bull" is all about. SIRIUS Radio is into it's own world and does have it's own portable equipment as well as in cars and the home but seperate. Costs up to $12.95 a month and discounts work from there... You can have multiple options on one account using SIRIUS Radio or vendor provided equipment such as a portable for $179.95. Well there that said... I tie it to FG only because it is financially based. A stretch to say the least... :scared:
14 years 17 hours ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

:dumbfounded: :dumbfounded: Just when I said I was not going to purchase anymore adapters for my ipod to connect in my car, here you come :laugh: . Do you think it will hook up to my original CD player? It may not recognize that!
14 years 18 hours ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Eldarwen, I am so mad about purchasing those adapters to my car. I have tried them all from CD, to cassette and radio station.....none worked. My CD player wouldn't read it, the cassette deck kept spitting it out, and the radio station would barely pic it up. As soon as I drove 3 or 4 blocks, it would fade and start frying again. Belkin is the worse, but I am not spending any more bucks for a better one. I think it was because my car was not equipped with all the newer technology. I have a 97 Camry, so maybe the old goat don't understand what the heck it was

You can get CD players with iPod connections for as little as $50 now. I recently saw one at Walmart. This way you'd connect the iPod directly to the front of the CD player.
14 years 3 days ago #3
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Eldarwen, I am so mad about purchasing those adapters to my car. I have tried them all from CD, to cassette and radio station.....none worked. My CD player wouldn't read it, the cassette deck kept spitting it out, and the radio station would barely pic it up. As soon as I drove 3 or 4 blocks, it would fade and start frying again. Belkin is the worse, but I am not spending any more bucks for a better one. I think it was because my car was not equipped with all the newer technology. I have a 97 Camry, so maybe the old goat don't understand what the heck it was

I am thinking the issue is with your car. In 1997, they didn't have iPods then. I think the first iPod came out in 2000 but were really expensive so not many had one. Now, iPods or any kind of mp3 player is more affordable so I see them everywhere.
14 years 3 days ago #4

Eldarwen, I am so mad about purchasing those adapters to my car. I have tried them all from CD, to cassette and radio station.....none worked. My CD player wouldn't read it, the cassette deck kept spitting it out, and the radio station would barely pic it up. As soon as I drove 3 or 4 blocks, it would fade and start frying again. Belkin is the worse, but I am not spending any more bucks for a better one. I think it was because my car was not equipped with all the newer technology. I have a 97 Camry, so maybe the old goat don't understand what the heck it was :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 3 days ago #5
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Eldarwen - help can you explain IPods & Siruxs Radio... I have the radio in my car and the car will use accept an IPOD. Is there a way I can use something to take on walks and listen to Siruxs Radio and music on an IPOD? Help Any idea on costs... $130...?

I don't have Siruxs radio, so I am unfamiliar with that stuff. But if you want to play your music on you iPod in your car, I do know that you can get an adapter and find a way to plug it into your car's radio.
14 years 4 days ago #6

Have a Sony Walkman and thinking about upgrading to IPOD Touch 32GB. Does the Touch get very loud ? I know that your headphones (Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones) have a lot to do with it but will the IPOD sound good with any Stereo Headphones ? Also have numerous songs downloaded from Limewire and can I migrate those songs to the Touch ?

Thanks !

If you can get your Limewire music into iTunes than it will sync with an iPod. I would suggest looking into an iPhone if you're thinking about the iPod Touch. I got my iPhone 3G for $49 refurbished form at&t's website. The date plan is $30 extra per month; however worth every penny. I get a discount through my employer and it brings the data down to $20. Lot's of employers and unions offer these discounts. If you have any Apple questions let me know, I am sorta an Apple geek! No really I am. I worked at an Apple store when I was 18 for three months. The iPod sound will vary on your headphones.

Good luck.

Edit: That was my 100th post!~
14 years 1 week ago #7

I have an iPhone
14 years 1 week ago #8

Replied by smcc on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Have a Sony Walkman and thinking about upgrading to IPOD Touch 32GB. Does the Touch get very loud ? I know that your headphones (Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones) have a lot to do with it but will the IPOD sound good with any Stereo Headphones ? Also have numerous songs downloaded from Limewire and can I migrate those songs to the Touch ?

Thanks !
14 years 1 week ago #9

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Eldarwen - help can you explain IPods & Siruxs Radio... I have the radio in my car and the car will use accept an IPOD. Is there a way I can use something to take on walks and listen to Siruxs Radio and music on an IPOD? Help Any idea on costs... $130...?
14 years 1 week ago #10

Wow, I barely used a notch on mines :laugh: :laugh: But I did remove all movies, photos, podcasts, and contacts from my ipod because I found it useless. Congrats on the new ipod, it is the way to go. I will never purchase a CD player ever again. All i need is the mp3 adapter cord and I am good to go.
14 years 1 week ago #11
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

I just upgraded my 80gig iPod Classic to a 160gig iPod Classic because I ran out of space. I do have a lot of music and video on my iPod. iPods are such lifesavers when you are on a long plane ride. They drown out whining children and compaining adults.
14 years 1 week ago #12

Well, the Nano that I purchased my son was stolen from him a few months ago. I took him to target to get the new ipod Nano since he will be able to take pics...etc., but he denied if for a game. Well since I had it pretty hard this Xmas, I had purchased a Spi mp3 player which holds 500 songs and he has a little card inside to download 35 free songs (along with songs that are easily switched over from my Music files, and Itunes. He is very satisfied so far, and yes I can say that it is less attractive than the ipod Nano's, it only shows the songs, with little waves going up and down, the music quality is good enough for a 7 yr old, and the color is very attractive like the Nano's. He has the lime green, but the buttons looks like a cross instead of the circle on the Nano.

It was only $39.99, so I can recommend this to parents who wants to start off with something affordable for their child. PS, I have did a research on it and have heard of consumers complaining about it freezing on them. We have not had a problems as of yet. He has the Spi video 2GB, Jcpenny had it on sale and now it says, "That product is no longer available".....lol!
14 years 3 months ago #13
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Well, today, I am going to get a new ipod and I am having trouble. My 80gig classic is running out of room and the battery isn't what it was 2 years ago when I got it. I am torn between the 64gig Touch and the 160gig Classic.
14 years 3 months ago #14

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

I have no choice but to agree on that one. :laugh:
15 years 1 month ago #15