Are you a good cook?

Replied by Finance Globe on topic I've been thinking about taking

I've been thinking about taking some cooking classes, by doing so in Italian specialty. However, I don't think that a culinary arts school would be right. I want to do this to inherit the knowledge to pass on to my family, and to live a better life. I was inspired by Carrabbas Italian Grill (my favorite by far :kiss:). Their fried Zucchini appetizers, wood fired pizzas, filet mignon and chicken marsalla are the VERY absolute best!!! :cheesing:
Any input on where to start without getting a formal education, for domestic use, would be very helpful!
15 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by Pinkee on topic Well I better find me

Well I better find me a husband who can cook! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic Fast foods is how we

Fast foods is how we get down in my family. My kids love
1. The Elephant Bar
2. Applebees
3. The Sizzlers
4. Denny's
5. Chinese Food
6. McDonald's
7. Burger King
8. Jack-n-the-Box
9. Mexican Food
10. Round Table ( I hate pizza)

We are constantly out eating because I am not a good cook. My husband loves to cook, but I wish he would not cook with the fire so high, and cut down on the salt. Other than that, he does a pretty good job on the weekends.
:fun: :shocked:
15 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by Pinkee on topic Not being able to cook

Not being able to cook has got to be one of my biggest frustrations. I CANNOT cook! I envy all of you who can cook! If I had a cookbook in front of me, I probably can manage but it would be like reading a manual on how to drive while driving! Crazy! That's why I'm starting to doubt I'm "mom" material. I'm afraid to imagine how my kids would be like. It could go two ways: Totally skinny kids or totally overweight from eating fastfood everyday. :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #35
  • scribbler
  • scribbler's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by scribbler on topic I just learned how to

I just learned how to cook greens. I can't even make thanks giving dinner. I get my mom over to do it and then I stand around at the last minute like I really did everthing. They say the way to a mans heart is through his belly. Well I am glad that is not a true story because mines will be malnutrition.

Meya, so did I! LOL. My husband's been asking me for ages to try make them and brought in a list of instructions a lady at work gave him for me. Talk about heavy hints! :laugh: They were good too, and tell me this: did you find you felt better the next day after eating them? We've had them a few times now and I swear I feel really good the following day. I've never ate a food before that did that for me. There must be something really good in them.

He made the cornbread though, I'm rubbish at that too. :laugh: Mine's would be malnourished too lol, luckily he's good at it. :)
15 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by sophie on topic I am a good cook,

I am a good cook, well at least I think so. I understand food and flavor. I have been around lots of different cultures so I am familar with a variety of ingredients and styles. I cook five days a week.
15 years 11 months ago #37

Replied by Meya on topic I can cook up a

I can cook up a decent mail for a small party of 3 to 4 people without them suffering from food poisoning. I normally cook for myself and it is a quick and dirty job

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You are crazy for that one....lol. That shows at least you can get the job done and someone will not starve...lol.
15 years 11 months ago #38

Replied by Meya on topic Dinner is on you tonight!

Dinner is on you tonight! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey I think that it would be a cool idea if soemone was to make dinner, take a pic of it, and upload it so that we could see. But there is one flip side, you will have to put The network, in your writing, on the table before you take the pic to elliminate fake pics from someone elses site. How does that sound?
15 years 11 months ago #39

Replied by Scribes on topic I absolutely love cooking! I'm

I absolutely love cooking! I'm decent at it. This past Thanksgiving was my first year cooking thanksgiving dinner for my boyfriend and I. I cooked a turkey and veggies and potatoes and everything. It was surprisingly good. LOL.

I've never cooked Thanksgiving dinner before, so I'm envious. I suppose I'd do well with one of those "self-bake" turkeys that have the little "pop up" thing to tell you it's done. :D However, I will say I'm a mashed potato God. A little sour cream, chives, and some creamy peppercorn salad dressing added to mashed potatoes (hold the milk), and you've got a par-tay. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #40

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I absolutely love cooking! I'm

I absolutely love cooking! I'm decent at it. This past Thanksgiving was my first year cooking thanksgiving dinner for my boyfriend and I. I cooked a turkey and veggies and potatoes and everything. It was surprisingly good. LOL.
15 years 11 months ago #41

Replied by Eldarwen on topic I can cook, but everybody

I can cook, but everybody at my house complains that I have to have garlic cloves and not the powdered garlic.

Is there a big difference in taste between the two?

Fresh garlic just seems to taste better.
15 years 11 months ago #42

Replied by Scribes on topic Great words of wisdom if

Great words of wisdom if you ever feel like exploring Thai food possibilities. It's important to remember to mix your flavors. Combine sweet, salty, sour, and spicy for a wonderful combination. An excellent example for a chicken marinade is honey, soy sauce, lime juice and green chili sauce.
15 years 11 months ago #43

Replied by liowkc on topic I can cook up a

I can cook up a decent mail for a small party of 3 to 4 people without them suffering from food poisoning.

I normally cook for myself and it is a quick and dirty job :)
15 years 11 months ago #44

Replied by Meya on topic I am with you Eldwaren,

I am with you Eldwaren, Garlic, Garlic is what makes the food taste better. I used to use garlic powder until the heartburns kicked in, I prefer minced over them all because you can use the juice by itself when you get ready.
15 years 11 months ago #45