Are you a good cook?

Replied by Scribes on topic http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/side/veg/stirfrybokchoy.html Viola, a re

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/side/veg/stirfrybokchoy.html

Viola, a recipe for stir-fried baby bok choi. Prepare to drool. :D They serve this exact same dish in my restaurant up the street and it is amazing. The greens come out crisp, not limp. And you can actually "reheat" them by swirling them in a wok for a few minutes with a little peanut oil. :D
15 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Right on buddie!

Right on buddie!
15 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by Scribes on topic LOL... ok,ok, don't make with

LOL... ok,ok, don't make with the sad pussycat eyes... I'll get the recipe for you. :D Our Chinese place down the street has a terrific Baby Bok Choi dish similar to what I described. I think I can 'copy' it and list out the recipe, plus a good accompaniment. Give me til tomorrow. :D
15 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Bok choi is the best,

Bok choi is the best, especially lightly steamed with pepper, garlic and lemon... Agggggggggg....*Homer drool*

Can you please put that recepie down for me? I want someone to put a meal in here, when you said this scribes, my mouth just watered. Please list me a dish that includes bok choy. Pllleeeasssse!

Did I mention that I know how to cry? :confused:
15 years 11 months ago #19

Replied by Scribes on topic Happylady, we just tried to

Happylady, we just tried to make some won-ton soup and over cooked the noodles. Girlfriend the noodles were like purely dissolved and the entire pot looked gross. We threw the whole meal away (after eating the bok choy). I was so upset, but, better luck next time.

Well, Meya, no doubt you can make some awesome Asian dishes if you put your mind to it. It's in your blood, girl. :cool: Remember, follow the recipes to the letter at first, do it a couple of times, and you'll get it. Bok choi is the best, especially lightly steamed with pepper, garlic and lemon... Agggggggggg....*Homer drool*
15 years 11 months ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Happylady, we just tried to

Happylady, we just tried to make some won-ton soup and over cooked the noodles. Girlfriend the noodles were like purely dissolved and the entire pot looked gross. We threw the whole meal away (after eating the bok choy). I was so upset, but, better luck next time.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #21

Replied by tstreet436 on topic I think I’m a pretty

I think I’m a pretty good cook. I like to experiment with a lot of different foods, and my husband loves my cooking. I’m not good at baking though. If it doesn’t come out of a box, I’m completely lost. :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #22

Replied by happylady on topic They say the way to

They say the way to a mans heart is through his belly. Well I am glad that is not a true story because mines will be malnutrition.

Gurl, I hear you on that one!! :cheesing: :cheesing:
I do "okay" in the cooking department...my family won't starve but I guess I just don't really "like" to cook...but I LOVE going out to eat!! Luckily my boyfriend LOVES to cook...he actually ENJOYS it...amazing... :dumbfounded: and he is really good at it. This weekend he made sushi (which we both love) and it was FANTASTIC!! I think i'll keep him... :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #23

Replied by Scribes on topic I have my own catering

I have my own catering business and last month I just fed 2,100 guests for breakfast and lunch. I can honestly say; I can burn.

That's fantastic. My fiancee loves catering very much, it's just that it's difficult for her to get the kitchen space (she lives in a three bedroom flat with her family of five) and it's impossible to deliver. (no car) I'm hoping she can overcome these obstacles because the girl can COOK. :)
15 years 11 months ago #24

Replied by Meya on topic There is a lot of

There is a lot of non cookers on here! :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #25

Replied by princee18 on topic i am not a good

i am not a good cook but i can handle situation if nobody is there to cook for me.I can cook but i dont like it, so i cook on special occasions only.
15 years 11 months ago #26

Replied by Adicus on topic I have my own catering

I have my own catering business and last month I just fed 2,100 guests for breakfast and lunch. I can honestly say; I can burn. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #27

Replied by Scribes on topic Scribes, I'm going to take

Scribes, I'm going to take your suggestion. I've been thinking about learning how to cook by buying one of those basic cookbooks. But I just never got around to doing it. I'm a big procrastinator.

Good for you! :) There's a great joy, like I said, in making your own food. And who cares if you have to follow a recipe, right? Once you've made it a few times, you won't need the recipe, I guarantee it. Remember, cooking is a talent you learn through repetition. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #28

Replied by Pinkee on topic Scribes, I'm going to take

Scribes, I'm going to take your suggestion. I've been thinking about learning how to cook by buying one of those basic cookbooks. But I just never got around to doing it. I'm a big procrastinator. :fun: Always had been.

I can cook omelette and carrot soup but other than that, I'm useless. The carrot soup, BTW, I learned through a cookbook (which I borrowed from my sister) but even a 10-year-old can do it so nothing special there. Yeah, I'll definitely grab me one tomorrow. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #29

Replied by Scribes on topic I suggest cooking classes for

I suggest cooking classes for any of you that feels you're not up to speed. Food is a great thing, and in some hands, it is an art. It's a great feeling when you cook for a large group of people and they constantly praise you for your work. Get a really basic cookbook and just learn the necessities like cooking eggs, making toast, pancakes, etc. Simple things at first so you're not overwhelmed, then as you go on, you'll get better. That's how I learned. My first lesson Mom taught me was how to crack an egg. :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #30