security freeze" on your credit file

Replied by Meya on topic Re: security freeze" on your credit file

Hi Mskiwi, true posting especially on mom's!

But, I don't think that it is so much of someone assuming that 7 years is too fast for anyone to build good credit history, a person can have more history than that, and still can't get primed card since other factors play a part like util, inq...etc (and of course the economy). After communicating with kiejon today, I say that he is blessed from starting that young and accumulating so much with the limits in 7 years.

Now days and times, banks don't want to give you credit when you have that much cl (or available credit) and they see that you are still applying for more. It usually gives them a red flag and make them think...."huuum, if you have that much, why do you want more. Keijon and I were just talking about a friend who had nice credit, applied for a home, was approved, but with an insulting amount due to similar issues.

It is not hard to slow down when you start to get rejections, because a few rejections will make you slow down. When you say "I think the problem is people who think they should get prime cards with either little history or are rebuilding their credit" there is a flip side to that. Any person who has struggled from "rebuild", not building, or piggybacking, will start to suck in desire that the same should happen to them in 7 years. Rebuilding is much difficult than all other steps and I hope no one here that is rebuilding will misunderstand this. Banks are not as compromising as they used to be, they are targeting customers who has been faithful long term customers for zoo-hoo years.

To get to the main point (I know you are probably like wheeew Meya:laugh:) Having too many credit lines with high amounts will begin to count against you with the "available credit + cl to income ratio." Some people do not even realize that. You are correct when you said it takes time, but some re-builders, who once had it before, will not see it that way. Like you said, in the end, that is what it takes! I am with you all the way with that verse!
:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #1
  • KIEJON9
  • KIEJON9's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: security freeze" on your credit file

You're very lucky to have a mom who took the time to teach you the correct use of credit. She instilled in you good credit practices and that is why you are in such a good position. 7 years of good clean history is something to be proud of.
7 years of perfect history is why you get prime offers. That is not a short history, it is good and solid.
I think the problem is people who think they should get prime cards with either little history or are rebuilding their credit. Both take time. It's hard to slow down and let time do it's work, but in the end that is what it takes.

THINK YOU MsKiwi AND I LOVE MY MOTHER FOR EVERYTHING SHE HAS DONE TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER AND SHE HAS TEACH ME ALOT ABOUT MONEY AND CREDIT :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: security freeze" on your credit file

Hello Mr Hjm331 And Network

I Am Not Trying To Make Anyone Feel Bad About Themself I Have Worked Vary Hard To Build My Credit From When I Was 18 Year Old My Mother Always Talk To Me And My Sis About Credit My Mother Gave Me My First Credit Card When I Was 18 As An Au On One Of Her Citicard And Told Me Not To Just Go Out And Spend Cuz I Have A Credit Card And Also Told Me I Had To Get A Job And Go To School Full Time And I Did That And Open A Bank Acc At 16 And Save Everything I Got And My Mother Also Cosign For My First Car Loan And Help Me Build My Credit By Adding Me To Her Credit Card Acc And That Help Me Get In The Door With A Good Relevant Credit History [ Edited]

Keith Jones

You're very lucky to have a mom who took the time to teach you the correct use of credit. She instilled in you good credit practices and that is why you are in such a good position. 7 years of good clean history is something to be proud of.
7 years of perfect history is why you get prime offers. That is not a short history, it is good and solid.
I think the problem is people who think they should get prime cards with either little history or are rebuilding their credit. Both take time. It's hard to slow down and let time do it's work, but in the end that is what it takes.
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: security freeze" on your credit file

i can do that and mine is real
REAL ESTATE ACCOUNTS:
Count0 Balance$0.00
Current0
Delinquent0
Other0

REVOLVING ACCOUNTS:
Count13
Balance$2,601.00
Current13
Delinquent0
Other0

INSTALLMENT ACCOUNTS:
Count2 Balance$0.00
Current2 Delinquent0
Other0

OTHER ACCOUNTS:
Count0 Balance$0.00
Current0
Delinquent0
Other0

COLLECTION ACCOUNTS:
Count0 Balance$0.00
Current0
Delinquent0
Other0

TOTAL ACCOUNTS:
Count15
Balance$2,601.00
Current15
Delinquent0
Other0
ACCOUNTS SUMMARY: Open Accounts:13 Closed Accounts:2 Public Records:0 Inquiries:25
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: security freeze" on your credit file

:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #5
  • KIEJON9

You mean no instead of know?

i mean no
15 years 5 months ago #6

:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #7

There you go, cracking faces again. You got me with "inconvenience" (even though I was only one letter off....lol). I am strongly dependent on spell check because of you, even though it makes me lazy, and embarrassing because I am attending a University. :laugh: :laugh: Thank God, I only have math left. Oh well, a professional made it, and I am using it :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #8

You mean no instead of know?
15 years 5 months ago #9
  • KIEJON9

I thought you and your wife worked with Altura CU?

know my mother and sis do i have my own company and my wife works for the state
15 years 5 months ago #10

I thought you and your wife worked with Altura CU?
15 years 5 months ago #11

Wow, 34 cards and 7 years of history. Slow it down!

I just wanted to add that, I don't believe that person who is trying to get a loan in your name is going to show up! Nope won't happen, that is fraud from the begining and that person knows it. Further more, they were not going to get approved anyway because banks wants all your cc balances paid off, and do not like to see an applicant with that much credit available especially with 7 years of history. I never purchased a house yet (be gald when I do) but these are the stories that I have been getting from home owners on FG, and on the streets.

Lmao, only a dummy would show up!
15 years 5 months ago #12
  • KIEJON9

keijon, If I Recall, Wasn't Your Wife An Au Some Of Your Cards? How Do You Feel About All Of Your Approvals Being Issued With The Same Credit Limit Including Your Wife's Cards?

Honestly, I Have Never Seen Anyone Obtain A Tier 1 Credit Card Without Having Any Credit Card History Not To Mention A High Limit. If You Are Going To Get Approved For A Tier 1 Card Such As Bank Of America, You Need A High Fico Score Which Includes A Consistent And Positive History With Credit Cards. You Mentioned That Your Wife Had No Credit Card History On Her Report When She Was Approved For The Boa Platinum Plus Visa. I Always Advise Our Fellow Members That It Takes Time To Earn Good Credit And There's No Way Around It. I'm Just Curious To See How This Happened. Please Correct Me If I'm Wrong. I Have Had 2 Boa Credit Cards For The Past 1.5 Years And My Highest Limit With Them Is $2k.

Here's The Review You Posted About The Bank Of America Platinum Plus Card]"hello I Just Got Married In May My Wife Did Not Have Anything On Her Credit Report But A Car Loan She Got In Dec Of 2007 I Told Her She Need To Start Getting Credit So We Can Buy A Home Will Afther Being A On My Bofa Credit Card Acc I Told To Try To Get One In Her Name With Out Me Being On It Will She Got The Card With A 10,000 Cl Thanks Bofa"[/size]

The Reason Why I Brought This Up Is Because I Always Try To Keep Our Fellow Members' Hopes Alive And Keepin' Them Strong Through The Credit Repair Process. If There's A Way Around This, Please Post The Info. There Is No Substitute For Time When It Comes To Repairing Your Credit.

Okay Hjm Before My Wife Got Her Bofa Card She Was Au On My Acc For 2 Years And We Have A Bank Acc With Them That We Keep Money In
15 years 5 months ago #13
  • KIEJON9

Report Summary Important Note: Print this page or write down your report number and date for future access. To return to your report in the near future, log on to www.experian.com/consumer and select “View your report again” or “Dispute” and then enter your report number.

Experian credit report prepared for

KEITH JONES Jr

Your report number is

4099525411 Report date: October 23, 2008 Credit Report Toolkit:

Print your report

Credit Education

Know your rights

Credit Fraud Center • There are 0 potentially negative items in your report. What if I want to dispute an item in my report? • You have 39 accounts in good standing in your report. • Check the recent requests for your credit history. • Check your personal information. • Check your personal statement. • Important message from Experian. • Contact us. • Know your rights. • Triple Alert keeps a close eye on your credit reports and includes your score! • Knowing your Credit Score may save you money on a new loan!

I COPY AND PASTE THIS INFO FROM Experian
15 years 5 months ago #14
  • KIEJON9

yes I Am Going There Cuz I Dont Have To Lie About Anything I Have Or Do Cuz Thats Not Me I Do Have A Good Credit History From When I Was 18 Year Old And I Am Now 25

And Also If Anyone On The Network Wants To Talk To Me About How I Build My Credit Can Also Call Me
15 years 5 months ago #15