Credit LOCK starts today

Replied by LP25 on topic You paid your account off

You paid your account off and you did not stiff American Express. You are eligable then to open another account once again as your scores are high enough. You are only blocked if you default and do not pay your balance in full and your account is charged off or you file bankruptcy and never pay off your old balance. You went 30 to 60 days late so your account was closed. You still paid it off so you where able to open a new account in the future. That block would not apply to you.

Oh OK.. thank you! That's some good information!
16 years 2 months ago #16

Replied by Justin on topic You paid your account off

You paid your account off and you did not stiff American Express. You are eligable then to open another account once again as your scores are high enough. You are only blocked if you default and do not pay your balance in full and your account is charged off or you file bankruptcy and never pay off your old balance. You went 30 to 60 days late so your account was closed. You still paid it off so you where able to open a new account in the future. That block would not apply to you.
16 years 2 months ago #17

Replied by LP25 on topic Is this a recent change? I

Is this a recent change?

I had an unlimited AMEX about 15 years ago. I missed a payment and couldn't use the card ever again. My account was closed the next month after I paid off my balance.. sigh.....

I applied for an AMEX card last year and was approved. I did not use any outsource, such as HSBC, I applied directly. I don't use it much at all, but it doesn't hurt to hang on to it.
16 years 2 months ago #18

Replied by Justin on topic I really do not care

I really do not care what Capital One does. I am very happy working at American Express. I am a credit analyst and I do not have any customer contact. I also approve or decline credit line increase requests that can not be done through the automated system. The best fraudsters have tried to fool me with their so called scams, and after what I read on here at times it makes me wonder about people.
16 years 2 months ago #19

Replied by Meya on topic Please don't tell me that

Please don't tell me that you have contact with customers.

Well, I like cap 1, and they have never let me down. In the next two years I will be with amex riding on that Midnight train to Georgia. Cap one is in the Foruten 500 with all the rest of the big dogs and Walmart stands at #1, The Top! Fortune 500 has named Cap 1 as one of the 100 best jobs and ranks their job growth at 59%; US employees at 19,047, and amex at -4%; US employees 21,648. I'll take my chances with the big dog "Cap 1" as for now. Amex has credit card holders with dings also, maybe not with them, but its with someone else.
16 years 2 months ago #20

Replied by Justin on topic When Capital One is a

When Capital One is a Fortune 500 company like American Express is then you can tell me which company is correct in the way they issue cards. Yes I am a credit analyst for American Express in the Ft Lauderdale operations center. I am one of the people who approves or declines applications.

The only way someone who defaulted in the past can get a card from us is to either be a fraudster or go to an outside lender such as HSBC for an American Express card. American Express issues guidelines to the banks though so they have to follow the basic guidelines, but anything is possible I guess if you go to an outside lender bank.
16 years 2 months ago #21

Replied by Meya on topic That is why we are

That is why we are a Fortune 500 company and Capital One is in the red.

Uh, uh, watch this
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=70667&p=irol-newsArticle2&ID=948027&highlight=
Nothing red there!

So I take it that you work for Amex? I am not for sure about amex being non-forgiving, but I will take what you said into consideration. Let's see if anyone has encountered such amex refusal cards from prior defaulting. If I see one, I will refer them to you.
16 years 2 months ago #22

Replied by Justin on topic Since you are here to

Since you are here to learn I will share something with you about American Express. If you ever default with American Express and you apply for another card even after a bankruptcy or (ie) 30 years later. You will be declined. Part of the approval process is to match social security numbers against our records from past accounts with us. We are not like Capital One who will give you a new account a few years later. American Express is a one strike and your out company. That is why we are a Fortune 500 company and Capital One is in the red.
16 years 2 months ago #23

Replied by Meya on topic If you think the prisons

If you think the prisons are full of repeaters, WOE to the ones you see everyday! Well since I have been around FG, I have not ran across open-frauders, I only ran across repenters and accepters to what they are currently dealing with. Oh well, let's just keep focus on what we are currently doing. I don't know about you, but I am focusing on my credit addiction and rebuilding. If you run across some exciting info, please post it so I can read. We love valuable info in here.
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #24

Replied by Justin on topic I did not aim that

I did not aim that any any specific person. I am just using the old saying that "a zebra can not change its spots" meaning that if someone has done frauds in the past they will probably do them again. Just look at the prisons, they are full of repeat offenders.

Bankruptcy should be outlawed. If you owe someone money you should pay them. If you do not pay them, the rest of us will have to through higher rates and larger fees.
16 years 2 months ago #25

Replied by Meya on topic Wow Justin, you are sort

Wow Justin, you are sort of hard on members here. If you noticed, members here are NOT discussing how to rip the next creditor off, they are admiting what they have done wrong during those times of defaults and trying to get on the right track after they have learned from their mistakes. Just like HJM331 mentioned, we all have hit a few bumps in the road during our life time. I am pretty sure that you have hit some also. You lead me to believe this because you want a certain member to come back so that you can learn yourself. Furthermore, when you stated that you do not want to learn from someone who can't even get an american express card, you just told on yourself. That may be the best one to learn from, someone who has been there, done that. Having a particular card does not mean that you are an expert with finance. There are members here who currently carry Aspries and Tribute cards and used to have an American express, so will you pass up their advice as well?

All I ask is that it will be nice if you did not try to critcize members postings in a negative way. If you have no sharing, caring, informative, or positive information for members, please discard any bad thougths about them on the board regardless to what you feel. If you noticed, there are more normal, chill-out, friendly conversations here than credit conversations, why, because we are like one big family here and will welcome anyone that comes in new, such as yourself.
:dumbfounded:
16 years 2 months ago #26

Replied by hjm331 on topic Justin, nobody's perfect. Most of

Justin, nobody's perfect. Most of the people here are maxxed out on their credit cards because they had important bills to pay and they just didn't have the money to pay for it at the time. Everyone here are good people, they wouldn't want to cheat anyone intentionally. Most of the people here have families and kids to feed and the others are just to get through life. That's why this site was created in the first place, to help everyone in need to rebuild their credit because they had an unexpected bump or two in their life.
16 years 2 months ago #27

Replied by Justin on topic Frances, I do not agree

Frances, I do not agree with you at all. What I see is people who defaulted on their credit cards and for most it was out of choice. Now they are trying to get new cards to cheat the banks once they can rack up high balances again.
16 years 2 months ago #28
  • frances
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by frances on topic Considering that the finance network

Considering that the finance network is only a few months old, it's really diverse if you ask me. Although it seems that the majority of the users here are trying to establish, build or rebuild credit. The main theme here is definitely to get a better credit record and to stay out of trouble, and that is a good one. :cheesing:
16 years 2 months ago #29

Replied by hjm331 on topic Justin, most of us are

Justin, most of us are credit builders over here trying to learn how to increase our scores and credit history positively. What's your current credit status, are you trying to build/rebuild your credit or trying to get approved for top dog cards like American Express?
16 years 2 months ago #30