Credit LOCK starts today

Replied by Meya on topic Scroll up and click the

Scroll up and click the link (depending on where you are from). If you are from the west coast just go to the original site.
16 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by ceprateek on topic Hi can any one give

Hi can any one give me a official link for this thing
16 years 2 weeks ago #2
  • porgy1000
  • porgy1000's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by porgy1000 on topic yes, CSC is GREAT, Just

yes, CSC is GREAT, Just click on the CSC link above and register on CSC. HOWEVER, your user name and password is only good for 2 days LOL, so every time you want to do a dispute you have to re register, odd indeed.

CSC is taking over most of the dispute process and they can handle your disputes in a faster process with a better outcome then Equifax direct.

When you dispute with CSC they contact the company that put the PROBLEM on your report and they give them just 3 days to respond or they delete it. What collection agency or bank do you know that can comply in 3 days? :confused:

The Equifax Credit Lock is a $2 monthly fee that lets you unlock your report for certain lenders. :dumbfounded:
16 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic There's nothing fast about Equifax.

There's nothing fast about Equifax. They are the slowest reporting CB in my opinion.
16 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by Adicus on topic Porgy1000, I disputed a discrepancy about

Porgy1000,

I disputed a discrepancy about a week ago and I got a letter from CSC Credit Services stating that the account in question has been deleted. I have been disputing this account since 2004. Are they affiliated with Equifax? They work FAST!

16 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic This link is for southerners,

This link is for southerners, it is very valuable but not for someone that is from the "West Siiiiiiide." Don't get me started porgy, I am still mad and jealous!
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #6
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic www.CSCcredit.com/www/csccs.nsf

16 years 2 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic What is CSC? Put that

What is CSC? Put that in the resource for everyone to look at.
16 years 2 months ago #8
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Justin you sound like a

Justin you sound like a nice guy, just chill out.

The credit lock is now available from Equifax. You can go lock your report, then unlock it for specific banks that your going to apply to, then relock it.

The charge for this service with Equifax is $2 per month.

To those of you who worry about collections, this may be a good thing for you. A collection agency by law has to pull your credit to confirm it is you before they can place a collection on your report. If you LOCK your report they wont be able to pull the report and by law they can NOT place it on your credit report.

Of course, it will stop an ID crook dead in their tracks as well.

In Texas we use Equifax but through CSC credit services. CSC is the best thing I have seen out there. You have to dispute your Equifax through CSC and they respond to your requests very quickly. I do not know what other states CSC covers.
16 years 2 months ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Now that is the truth.

Now that is the truth.
16 years 2 months ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic No one is guaranteed a

No one is guaranteed a fixed salary for the rest of their lives. Everyone goes through a period where they don't have money to pay their bills either because they were laid off or their business didn't do so good. Fortunately, there is a way out with credit cards and Cap1 and Orchard Bank. I'm very thankful for those cards and they understand our situation even though Orchard Bank doesn't give us any CLI's like Cap1.
16 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by Meya on topic Pretty strong and powerful, I

Pretty strong and powerful, I have to give you credit for this one. Hope the wife is ok and doing well.
16 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by Adicus on topic AMEX is not doing too

AMEX is not doing too well. AMEX has reported a loss and default rates are at a all time high. Just goes to show that even people with "Excellent Credit" can encounter financial catastrophe. Credit is an important factor in our lives, but I believe we have over extended ourselves. Somewhere we got caught up in the whole "I want to feel important" when I pay with my credit card or charge card and failed to realize that, that "so called" credit line is really not yours, but an extension. I have had and still have some issues with credit, but I own (2) homes, a car and have my own business which utilizes AMEX.

Just to put things in perspective and show you where I came from, I defaulted on a vehicle, a lease and (3) credit cards in late 2000. My wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and she couldn't work right after, loss of income $50k. On my small salary ($32k) how could I pay for (2) car notes, monthly credit card bills, utilities, food and a $1,500 a month rent?
I had to suck it up and re-prioritize. With patience and a new understanding that "nothing in life is certain" except for death and taxes; I had to rebuild. For those that messed up and are in the rebuilding process again I commend you, just don’t mess-up again. :cheesing: Cheers.

16 years 2 months ago #13
  • frances
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by frances on topic Frances, I do not agree

Frances, I do not agree with you at all. What I see is people who defaulted on their credit cards and for most it was out of choice. Now they are trying to get new cards to cheat the banks once they can rack up high balances again.

I understand your opinion, just like I understand mine. I have not read anything here that signifies this at all.
16 years 3 months ago #14

Replied by Justin on topic No, thank you. You are

No, thank you. You are an honest person and you made sure you did the right thing. That is why you now have a new American Express Card. More should learn from the example that you set.
16 years 3 months ago #15