Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by bernhardtra on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Marathon Gas Card $150 to $500 after 6 months
Capital One Credit Steps Program $300 to $500 after 5 months and not again after 2 years, account now closed
Capital One Cash Rewards Card $300 to $500 after 5 months and not again after 1 year and 8 months.
Household Bank Rewards MC $300 to $500 after 9 months. (A bit surprised because they are now CapOne owned.)
Merrick Bank Secured MC $1000 to $2500 after 5 years. It did take about 3 years before they gave me a limit increase and I wish at some point they would give me my money back or interest on it!

New Card Marathon Visa $2500
Hopefully this card will help CapOne get with the program!

Sometimes CapOne will offer you changes to your terms and conditions. Some are temporary, some are able to change the terms or type of card. It is theoretically possible to upgrade your card to with CapOne to a prime card. It is also theoretically possible to win the lottery. I took an offer from them to change the interest rate on the card for a temporary basis. I don't carry a balance, so whatever, I just hopes it gives me more opportunities for a better card with no fee. It doesn't hurt to take an offer for something better!
11 years 9 months ago #256

Replied by JELOPEZ88 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Just received my statement from Macy's (RNB) and was pleasantly surprised to find they had restored my credit limit from $300.00 to $1,600.00 which had been reduced nine months ago. Evidently they were worried I was too much of a risk. Since the reduction, I have either paid off/paid down some of the other balances and have had potentially negative items removed from my credit reports. :cool:
11 years 9 months ago #257

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I called to request an increase on my Wal-Mart Discover credit card and was instantly increased from $3,300 to $5,000 via the automated system. I love my Wal-Mart credit card and use it for everything.
11 years 9 months ago #258

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I hadn't gotten a credit limit increase from JCPenny even though I have had them for about 9 months. I tried at four months, nothing. I tried at 6 and still, 'I wasn't eligible for a credit line increase.' I was planning on closing them because I only had a $150 CL. Accoring to the FICO forum cards with low limits do not negatively effect your score as your utilization is determined as a whole, however, when applying for credit, or credit line increases other lenders do see how much credit other lenders trust you with.

Anyhow, I tried for a credit line increase on my paypal card after six months and got it. I was surprised, so I thought, 'what the heck' I am going to close my JCPenny card, so might as well try. I tried for $500, up from $150 and I actually got it. So I got $200 on my paypal and $350 on my JCPenny just about a week ago. Both on the same day.
11 years 9 months ago #259

Replied by Bender5001 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

TD Canada increased my Visa limit from $1000 to $4000 today :cool:. Took about 5 minutes total in person (was already in the bank replacing my debit card...can't believe I lost it *sigh*. They gave me one of these new debit Visa cards...anything special I need to know about it?
11 years 9 months ago #260

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Discover gave me an increase from $1000.00 to $2000.00! :thumbsup:
11 years 10 months ago #261

Replied by Centinum on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Just found this thread & decided to do a CLI on my 3 year old Citi Dividend Visa. Had the card since 09' with a $500 starting limit. Today, I just went from $6,350 to $10k with no hard pull. Called up, they said the CLI for me doesn't require a hard pull. Only asked for income and if I own/rent or other, told I'd get a call within 30 minutes. Got an automated call in 10 minutes saying I was approved for $10k. Very happy!
11 years 10 months ago #262

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Discover Card gave me an automatic credit line increase after six months. It made me feel real special. Didn't know they would do it.:innocent:
11 years 10 months ago #263

Citi Bank has increased my Citi Platinum Select MC and Citi Thank You MC Cards $4,500 since September 2011. Just received increases (they increased in September 2011 and again in June 2012). Also, for the first time in three years Citi lowered my Citi Platinum Select Mastercard interest rate (lowered it by 0.75%) which is a good move in the right direction. Had to request CL increases and interest rate changes. They did it all with soft inquiries (no hard inquiries). Got'ta love it! :laugh: They asked questions about annual income, other income and housing status and how much your monthly payment was then the computer used their internal scoring risk model to determine what you would receive (note they ask you what limit you want and if the computer doesn't come back with your request, you are offered the opportunity to go for a hard inquiry and credit review).
11 years 10 months ago #264

My Phillips 66/Citi Bank gas card was just increased from $800.00 to $2,300.00

Citi luv is in the air for you!
11 years 10 months ago #265

Replied by Jelly on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My Citi Thank You card finally increased my credit line!!! I had to ask for it and they of course did a hard pull on experian but it was worth it. I've had a $100 limit for 4 years now and it was raised to $800. I've been working on my credit and I appreciate the increase. Hopefully they give me another one soon!
11 years 10 months ago #266

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My Phillips 66/Citi Bank gas card was just increased from $800.00 to $2,300.00 :thumbsup:
11 years 10 months ago #267

Replied by Gamera on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I just got credit limit increases on cards I've only had 2 months. :dumbfounded: These are also my first two credit cards. My Walmart card went from $700 to $900, and my Old Navy Card went from $200 to $400. My jaw just about fell off my face when I realized. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. :laugh:
11 years 10 months ago #268

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

You do need to wait 6 months for a credit limit increase that you, the consumer initiates. GE Capital usually will give an automatic credit increase after 4 months of good use, as that is really the only way to get one before the 6 month mark.

Just FYI, 4 statements and 4 months. Called back and got an increase of 250.00. Not much, but they doubled my initial limit and added 50 dollars. I tried this with all of my GECRB cards and I had to wait 4 statements and 4 months. For instance, I opened Walmart in December 2011 and I got an increase in April 2012 after 4 statements and 4 months had past. I am sure this may not always be the case. Also, another FYI for those who are just starting out. If you are "in" with GECRB, it may be better to go to the store if you are trying to open a new line of credit. When I started applying for new credit I made a request for a Dilliard's Card online and i was denied, but when I tried in the store I was instantly approved with a limit of 600.00. I think it may have something to do with identity verification. Maybe someone with more credit experience can weigh in here.
11 years 10 months ago #269

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My fourth statement from JC Penneys closed, so I asked for a CLI. They denied me. What's up with that? I called in and asked, the CSR said I need to wait 6 months for a possible CLI. That information doesn't sound correct. Please help me out here FG Family.[/QUOTE

My JCP went from 100$ to 1,000$ in 4 months. I thought 100 was measley, I'd go in once a month and make a purchase for 80-100$ on my card and then pay it off in cash immediately after. Before I even left the store. My husband also had an increase to 500$, paying the minimum. Call back.

So I decided to try to get CLIs today. I finally got a 250.00 increase on my JC Penny, 250.00 on Belks, and 250.00 on my Pay Pal Smart Connect. I tried Walmart just for good measure, too early. The increases weren't as high as I expected. They countered me on my request, but I am happy with them for now. They will help my 10% utility rate. Thanks, FG:thumbsup:!

11 years 10 months ago #270