Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Just opened up a Wal-Mart (GE Capital Card), CL is $150.00 (not much I can do with that) wasn’t clear if this is the store card or discover card.
11 years 5 months ago #226

Replied by AKCREDIT on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Macys just increased my wife's account from $300 to $1000 with $100 balance. This is an auto increase. It came just in time because next month her BOA secured card will become a unsecured card. The new credit line will decrease her debt to credit ratio, she had it since June of this year. So far so good. :thumbsup:
11 years 5 months ago #227

Replied by loveinlifenkc on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I just noticed JCPenny's increased my limit from $1200 to $2000. Also Amazon went from $1200 to $1300. I didnt request either increase. I have ZERO balance on JPC and about $100 on Amazon I wish Discover and Chase were as generous. I have balances on both. :fun:
11 years 5 months ago #228

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Congrats all of you, definitely very nice increases! Especially at this time in our economy. Our lenders are still not fully trusting card holders. It's nice to see you on here again Faith!
11 years 5 months ago #229

Replied by Faith on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Discover More increased from 3,000 to 3,250 (automatic increase)
BOA Amex increased from 5,000 to 10,000
WalMart Discover increased from 1,500 to 7,500
Sam's Discover increased from 1,600 to 10,000
Nordstrom Visa increased from 5,000 to 10,000
HSBC Platinum increased from 9,000 to 11,000
11 years 5 months ago #230

Replied by Nuovocapitolo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Walmart card jumped from $2,100 to $3,800 GE is loving me and I am loving them!
11 years 5 months ago #231

Replied by loveinlifenkc on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Walmart went from $700 to $900 without an increase request. Originally started with $250 limit - Card is less than 1 year old. Increases have been gradual, steady and not asked for. :cheesing: Love GE.

Also Discover Escape from $1500 to $2500 at 6 months.
11 years 6 months ago #232

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Congrats Wanderer! I myself just called and upgraded to the Discover IT card! It has all the same benefits of the More card and they also disregard a late fee once shall you ever forget! The conversion was simple and they overnighted my new card out to me at no cost! They arent promoting it very heavily yet, but I must admit I am quite impressed with the program! Again, Congrats!

You made a great upgrade! The new Discover IT Card... not to shabby. It seems they don't even get excitied if you exceed your credit line. Enjoy.
11 years 6 months ago #233

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Congrats Wanderer! I myself just called and upgraded to the Discover IT card! It has all the same benefits of the More card and they also disregard a late fee once shall you ever forget! The conversion was simple and they overnighted my new card out to me at no cost! They arent promoting it very heavily yet, but I must admit I am quite impressed with the program! Again, Congrats!
11 years 6 months ago #234

It is nice to see that Discover does give people a second chance. Just doubled my credit limit to $5,000. Taking it slow as they were in my BK7 of 2001. Called them and worked through their very friendly customer service representatives. They required my income from all sources and housing ownership monthly cost (mortgage payment). Took about three minutes. Specifically worked through a real person so I could answer or clarify matters about my credit. It has taken me almost twelve years to move back into the top tier of credit scores and I want to maintain it. One final detail, Discover did NOT utilize a soft or hard inquiry to review my credit line request.

My smallest credit line is now Discover and that is not too bad. Try to keep my utilization down to under 5%.
11 years 6 months ago #235

Replied by bernhardtra on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I just got a CLI from Capone from $500 to $12,500. I simple called them and told them that I wanted to buy a full tank of gas. They asked me no questions and didn't even ask for my account number. They use a new psychic system which is based on fairy tales and potions. They also PC'd me to the New Venture Fantasy card with 100,000 a day bonus air miles. It is a sweet deal. All this happened after I drank my hippy daughters Kool-Aid. :cool:

I notice they barely gave you what you asked for a limit. (Imagine that!) Congrats on the increase anyway. I will be as old as that guy who fell asleep for 80 years I think before they actually get around to raising my limit beyond $500. I am currently simply trying to build up the rewards on my Household card so that I can cash out at the next rewards level before I sock drawer it. At least Household has given me 1 increase in since I have had the card in just over a year. At some point, since I don't carry a balance I will simply build up my relationship with either GE or Barclays, as they both do give CLI's. My limit on my GE card is 5 times that of Capone and I just opened it up 4 months ago, so when I get the first CLI from them it might actually be 10 times that of Capone.

Capone sucks.
11 years 6 months ago #236

CapitalOne refused to give me a CLI even after I had a score of 768. My last CLI had been 5 years ago from $2,500-$4,800. I finally sent the CEO of Cap1 (you can google it) an email stating that I had been a customer since 1999 and had never been late. 3 hours later I received a call from the executive office saying that they had my email and would like to discuss it. They asked me some income questions and I told them that one family vacation would max out my credit card and that I would like $7-10k or I would be forced to use my other prime cards instead of my newly PCd Venture card. A few days later I checked my account online and my CL had been increased to $7,500.

Impressed!!! You set the stage for getting action with Capital One. I closed all my Capital One cards because they just didn't want to take care of the good customers. They want to be a prime bank card issuer but have not made the grade. Your example is exactly what I am talking about. Why should you have to write the CEO???

Nice work you really kicked! Now if more would follow suit maybe they would get the picture! Great CL!
11 years 6 months ago #237

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

That is amazing! You had to contact the CEO, to get a credit line increase. (Congratulations, by the way.) You know, I don't understand. They are banking on their customers chances of default, and would rather give a person two low limit cards, than one with a combined limit. I have asked for a CLI from them at least twice, with no outcome. I don't understand why they cannot just take care of existing customers that use their cards regularly and reward them with higher limits once they've shown they are responsible with their cards. Instead, one has to jump the whole chain of command....all the way to the top just to get a better credit limit...that truely is amazing.
11 years 6 months ago #238

Replied by jofunk on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

CapitalOne refused to give me a CLI even after I had a score of 768. My last CLI had been 5 years ago from $2,500-$4,800. I finally sent the CEO of Cap1 (you can google it) an email stating that I had been a customer since 1999 and had never been late. 3 hours later I received a call from the executive office saying that they had my email and would like to discuss it. They asked me some income questions and I told them that one family vacation would max out my credit card and that I would like $7-10k or I would be forced to use my other prime cards instead of my newly PCd Venture card. A few days later I checked my account online and my CL had been increased to $7,500.
11 years 6 months ago #239

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Sam Club gave me an automatic increase, my line went from 500.00 to 1200.00. Oddly enough when I requested an increase a few weaks ago they said no and gave some crazy reason. I went online to see if my payment posted and noticed they had increased me. SWEET! JC Penneys increased me from 450.00 to 950.00. Belks and PayPal were a no go. (It may have been a few days too early) I am waiting on an explanation in the mail. My husband has been conditionally approved for our Refi! Finance Globe rocks!! I have been at this since February and the results are fantastic!!!!!! Slow and Steady!!! My husband scores were around 599 when we started. Two of his scores have gone up to the high 670 range!!!
11 years 6 months ago #240