Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

"WFNB" Victoria Secret, Recent Increase to $900 CL, was at $700, opening CL was $250.00. Card has a $0.00 balance.
11 years 7 months ago #241

Replied by llk on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

It took me about 16 months before they switched my old navy to a visa version. I went from $400 to $800 and then a switch to the visa version with $2000. So you might be close to a switch now, and I believe banana republic and old navy are both part of gap.

They are the same company, and I have worked with them now for 5 1/2 years. The 16 months guess is good to know!
11 years 7 months ago #242

Have you tried calling them and asking them to convert it into a Visa card? There might be a period of time that the account must be established. Simply asking them might be the best way. Since this is issued by GE Money Bank, it should be easy to apply for another card with them.

Alternately, if your score is good, you could try for a Barclay Card with rewards. You can get an answer in about a minute on the decision. They want people with fair to good credit. Check out sites like Credit Karma to find out what your credit looks like. It is free with them. While their score is not a true FICO score, it does offer a good assessment of what your report looks like.

I don't imagine your score is very high, because you have only had the card since January, however it is best to find out now and track your report.

I have had a car payment officially in my name along with other loans since June 2011, but now they are paid off. I don't know how that factors into it. I know that they automatically update it, and I don't want to push by asking. I was just wondering! I really, really appreciate the response!
11 years 7 months ago #243

Replied by SCuser on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My first and only credit is Banana Republic, I got in Jan. 2012 with $300 CL. Then, in May 2012 it went to $700, and it was raised again in Sept. to $2100. Does anyone know when or if it might be changed to a Visa?

It took me about 16 months before they switched my old navy to a visa version. I went from $400 to $800 and then a switch to the visa version with $2000. So you might be close to a switch now, and I believe banana republic and old navy are both part of gap.
11 years 7 months ago #244

Replied by loveinlifenkc on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I just noticed my JCPenney jumped from $700 to $1200. Nice increase. I opened in Dec 2011 and this is the first increase. I didn't ask for it but I will accept it. I asked Chase for an increase from my $1500 after 6 monthes and was declined. I have some balances on a few but plan to pay off shortly.
11 years 7 months ago #245

Replied by bernhardtra on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

My first and only credit is Banana Republic, I got in Jan. 2012 with $300 CL. Then, in May 2012 it went to $700, and it was raised again in Sept. to $2100. Does anyone know when or if it might be changed to a Visa?

Have you tried calling them and asking them to convert it into a Visa card? There might be a period of time that the account must be established. Simply asking them might be the best way. Since this is issued by GE Money Bank, it should be easy to apply for another card with them.

Alternately, if your score is good, you could try for a Barclay Card with rewards. You can get an answer in about a minute on the decision. They want people with fair to good credit. Check out sites like Credit Karma to find out what your credit looks like. It is free with them. While their score is not a true FICO score, it does offer a good assessment of what your report looks like.

I don't imagine your score is very high, because you have only had the card since January, however it is best to find out now and track your report.
11 years 7 months ago #246

11 years 7 months ago #247

Replied by Nuovocapitolo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Amazon Store Card, by GE Cap, was tripled to $2,100.....second GE card to be tripled.!!!
11 years 8 months ago #248

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I have had two credit limit increases within the last 6 months. One, my Victoria Secret Card, is now $700 from $500, I only charge up to $100 at a time; second I received a credit limit increase on my Bill Me Later (WebBank) account, but I dont think this is reported to the credit agencies, oddly enough. I was at $500, now I am up to $1400.00. This is aother account I use just a small amount at a time (I have had this account less than a year). It has taken some time for me to rebuild my credit since my mistakes, but I am getting there and using my credit a lot more wiser and its starting to payoff.
11 years 8 months ago #249

Replied by classy75 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Walmart gave me a $200.00 cli. Dillards and Texaco gave me an automatic $100.00 increase each. Slowly but surely.
11 years 8 months ago #250
  • Sherilyn Graham
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by Sherilyn Graham on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Orchard Bank Secured Card went from $200 to $400 to $1000 to $1500 with added security deposits, so no hard or soft pulls for these. (only way, unless Capital One would like to upgrade me to an unsecured or at least send me most of my deposit back with HSBC and give me automatic CLI like it's own secured card!)

JCPenney Rewards Credit Card started at $500. Automatic increase after a little less than one year to $1000, then within 3 months was bumped to $1800. Just recently, after a year of no automatic CLI, called the customer service number to request a CLI through the automated service. They require how much you'd like your AVAILABLE CREDIT to increase. Therefore, if you have a balance of $600 on your card with a $2000 limit, your available credit is $1400. But if you wanted to double your overall limit, that would mean requesting your available credit as $3400. They will also ask for annual income from all sources. Approved for double of my previous credit limit, boosted to $3600. Forums indicate that these are soft pulls, however I will update if it does a hard pull (likely on Transunion).

Shell Drive for Five Gas Card started at $400. No automatic CLI after a year. Recently requested a CLI through the online request service. Requires how much you'd like your credit limit to go up, your annual salary and wages, your other income, your housing status (own, rent, other) and how much you pay monthly for housing. Asked for double my limit, and was granted the next day, raising it to $800. This was a hard inquiry on my Experian.
11 years 8 months ago #251

Replied by bernhardtra on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

LOL, that is right out of the credit card agreement, isn't it. Nicely said.

Capone makes me so happy. I am so glad I got the Marathon Visa, it might not be the best out there on the market, but at least there is a limit I can use if I want to make a larger purchase. I mean my limit is large enough at Capone to buy a tank of gas and a water. I have 2 rewards cards with them, but both are limits that really don't make sense with my score and/or history with the company. If I get the Chase Freedom card, I will cut the $39 AF Capone card up into little pieces and put each in an envelope with a different word to make a sentence for them. Oh wait I only need 2 envelopes... .. .
11 years 9 months ago #252

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

So, I got a call from Discover today asking me why I wasn't using their card so much any more, and I told the nice lady that I thought my credit line was too low compared to my other credit cards, and so she put me on hold for a minute and looked at my account and after a minute came back and said "if I were to offer you a $5,000 credit line, would that make me start using the card again" to which I replied absolutely!!! My credit line started out in 8/2011 @ $1,500 and on 2/2012 it was increased to $3,000. I LOVE my Discover card.

You have the credit world calling you wanting to satisfy your needs? Impressed! Not many of us can claim that status... Discover with a CL of $5K in a year is unreal where you started at $1.5K CL (not bad in itself)... As we all know, Discover tends to start out slowly and conservatively. You have shown them luv. Nice work...
11 years 9 months ago #253

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

So, I got a call from Discover today asking me why I wasn't using their card so much any more, and I told the nice lady that I thought my credit line was too low compared to my other credit cards, and so she put me on hold for a minute and looked at my account and after a minute came back and said "if I were to offer you a $5,000 credit line, would that make me start using the card again" to which I replied absolutely!!! My credit line started out in 8/2011 @ $1,500 and on 2/2012 it was increased to $3,000. I LOVE my Discover card.
11 years 9 months ago #254

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Sometimes CapOne will offer you changes to your terms and conditions. Some are temporary, some are able to change the terms or type of card. It is theoretically possible to upgrade your card to with CapOne to a prime card. It is also theoretically possible to win the lottery!

LOL, that is right out of the credit card agreement, isn't it. Nicely said.
11 years 9 months ago #255