Saving Money On Gas

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Cards and the Gas Crisis

So we can get a better price per gallon if we cash? It's either going to be that or gas stations are going to start banning credit cards as stated in the article.
15 years 9 months ago #46

Replied by smcc on topic Credit Cards and the Gas Crisis

Another article on Credit Cards and how they are affecting the life of Gas Station Owners.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/smallbusiness/2008-07-07-gas-prices-credit-card-fees_N.htm

It could come to a point where you will have to purchase you fuel with cash vs CC. So much for convenience.......
15 years 9 months ago #47

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

My daily commute between home and work is a mission so I don't think taking a vacation is on my radar right now. :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #48

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

I had to reduce our vacation closer to home due to gas prices and of course saving money.

1. Instead of Disneyland in Florida, I had to choose Great America Parkway in Santa Clara, California.

2. Instead of Washington (for my husband to spend time with his mom) we choose Reno, Nevada.

3. Slice the movie theater to about 4 visits

4. Less shopping

5. Grocery store for food, and reduce restraunts eatings

The only thing that I can not change is the Hotel Stay. We have to stay at The Hyatt because of my bonus points (which I have accumulated 3 free nights) and my kids are more safer in a closed in Hotel. I do not like doors that are accessed from the outside. I got bae bae kids and they are too wild. Not to mention crazy people!
:laugh:

my kids gets a serious thrill when they see a pool so its all good from here on.
15 years 9 months ago #49

I wish I can go on a vacation, I need one! Business is really slow right now but I've been workin like there's no tomorrow so when the economy gets better, my business will pick up also.
15 years 9 months ago #50

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

I agree with everyone on this topic. Gas is too expensive, and we're making allot of people very rich! :suicide:

Has anyone thought of car-pooling, resorted to walking instead of driving more, consolidating trips, taking vacations that are closer, or even thought of getting a scooter, motorcycle or a Segway ? :cheesing:

These are things that are evident and can be compromising in this (another) historical energy crisis. I really hope that our great country makes the move to disengage in foreign oil. But until that happens, what do we do?
15 years 9 months ago #51

Gas prices are supposed to be deflating right now but I don't think by a whole lot.
15 years 9 months ago #52

Replied by erikko on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

in my country, they try to use methane gas to save fuel and also to lessen the garbage problem
15 years 9 months ago #53

Wow, how many cylinders do you have? Oh wait, you said you already had 1/4 tank full, I was about to say, "I pays more than that, are you sure?":laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #54

Gas in LA right now is around $4.60. Just filled up my truck the other day and it filled up for $70 and there was about a quarter of a tank in there. I will be going to the gas station again in the next 3-4 days.
15 years 10 months ago #55

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

88 cents! Wow... I do not remember that.. I just remember like 4 yrs ago when it was my Junior yr in high school, putting like 10 bucks in my honda civic and it would ride forever!!!!!!!! 15-20 bucks max it would fill her up!

I put gas today and it was at $3.93/gallon... I was running on E and it took 33 bucks to fill her up... Its not THAT bad compared to others... Now my husbands mustang... THATS ANOTHER STORY. That car hasnt moved in weeks! ;)
15 years 10 months ago #56

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Well, in the Bainbridge area (near Cleveland) I think when Clinton was in, there was some really cheap gas and it was only 88 or 90 cents a gallon.
15 years 10 months ago #57

Well I don't remember the 88 cents but I do remember putting $5 in my car and it used to let me ride for a while. Putting in $20 was like saying someone had big money to spend. Gas by my house is now $4.55 per gallon, so I dont make trips too much either eldarwen.

Three of my summer vacation trips consists of tour bus and greyhound. I wanted to sight see and save on gas. I have a Toyota Camry, and it is a 6 cylinder, so I can only afford to put $40 in my car at a time, which barely give me 1/2 tank.:relieved:
15 years 10 months ago #58

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Even though I have a subaru, I am still not driving so much anymore. I plan my trips and errands within my work schedule. I have managed to save myself about 200 bucks a month. Does anybody remember when you could get gass for 88 cents a gallon. I can't believe it was only a few years ago!
15 years 10 months ago #59

Replied by happylady on topic Okay I just paid $4.13

Okay I just paid $4.13 a gallon for REGULAR gas...I can't believe I actually paid OVER $4.00 a gallon!!! I live in LA (well actually Pomona but close enough :cool: ) and the gas station by my house (ARCO) has just topped the $4.00/gal price for the first time ever and I am REALLY TRIPPIN'!! :shocked: :scared:
My little Toyota Corolla gets 31 mpg but still...this is getting ridiculous! Oil prices are dropping but the gas prices keep going UP UP UP! :dumbfounded:
Sorry guys I am just venting this morning. :worried: :scared:
15 years 10 months ago #60