Saving Money On Gas

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

Aren't Safeway and Ralph's two different companies?

You just reminded me of something. Do you remember when Albertsons bought Lucky's out? What happens to Albertson now that Lucky's has came back?
15 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

You are correct. It is late. I was confusing Ralphs with Randall's a chain Safeway bought a few years ago.:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #17

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Saving Money On Gas

15 years 9 months ago #18

I don't know. We only had Safeway. I do know Safeway has a website that tells about their company and links to all the different stores in the corporation. I hope they come back. Safeway is back in Texas with Ralphs I believe. Texas was a state they bailed out on also in 88 so maybe Ralphs will venture into Arkansas. We can hope. No Safeway name but still the same company. Sorry, I have fond memories of this store.
15 years 9 months ago #19

Is there a big difference between Vons and Safeway stores? They are both a part of the same company.
15 years 9 months ago #20

I miss Safeway :upset:
15 years 9 months ago #21

I haven't seen any Safeway stores here in SoCal, we only have Vons stores over here.

Good Lord bro, you are not too far from me and there is no Safeway around? I thought they were like nationwide popular. But after listening to Rob, I do remember Kroger when I was in Texas and also Brookshire Bros and Windixie. I do the Walmart thing sometimes but that is if I am in Oakland at my moms house. I get a better deal at Grocery Outlet but their foods are sometimes expired. Yukk!
15 years 9 months ago #22

Hey Meya, when you shop at Safeway do you go to one that has a gas station with it? If you do, I would think the coupon is good for that one station. Then again the coupon maybe good for any Safeway with a gas station. I would call the store manager and ask to be sure

The one that has the gas station is in Vallejo, CA and that is like 30 miles from my house. I think I am going to ask a manager becasue Chevron, Arco, Shell, Union 76, Alliance, and Olympia is the only gas stations I have seen in San Francisco. All the rest are just hole in the walls.
15 years 9 months ago #23

Well tell me this, when we shop at Safeway, the little coupons on the bottom of the receipt says 0.10/gallon off at selected gas stations but it does not show which gas station it is. Right about now that 10 cents looks good.

Hey Meya, when you shop at Safeway do you go to one that has a gas station with it? If you do, I would think the coupon is good for that one station. Then again the coupon maybe good for any Safeway with a gas station. I would call the store manager and ask to be sure.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #24

Rob, you're right. That is why I mentioned that we have Vons stores over here, not Safeway.
15 years 9 months ago #25

I haven't seen any Safeway stores here in SoCal, we only have Vons stores over here.

We don't either. Safeway bailed out of Arkansas in 1988 and I wished they hadn't. Safeway was my favorite grocery store. Now I shop Walmart because I hate Kroger and the little supermarkets around here because of their prices. If Safeway comes back I will go back to buying from them. I hope they will. BTW, I think Vons is a division of Safeway.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #26

15 years 9 months ago #27

Well tell me this, when we shop at Safeway, the little coupons on the bottom of the receipt says 0.10/gallon off at selected gas stations but it does not show which gas station it is. Right about now that 10 cents looks good.
15 years 9 months ago #28

I don't have any Wal-mart stores nearby so I guess I'm stuck with these high gas prices. Some Costco stores also have gas station but I don't know how their prices are right now.
15 years 9 months ago #29

HJM331, having two prices on the pump isn't new. Its been around for a long time but now with gas up to almost $4.00 a gallon people are starting to notice the cash and credit prices. There is one place though, that you can save money using credit and that is Walmart. Using your walmart card will save you 3 cents a gallon and without it, their gas is still a couple of cents cheaper. So I would advise people to get a walmart card or a gift card (still works the same) and buy their gas at walmart. And no I don't work at walmart
15 years 9 months ago #30