Best and worst banks

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Best and worst banks

No, Mint.com is this crazy finical website. You can provide information for all your accounts; for instance if you have a credit card with American express, your checking accounts with a large bank, and your auto loans with a credit union it allows you to see them all in one website. I believe the way they make money is by making suggestions, on how you can change your financial matters, etc. So if you click their links for a credit app, they get a payout. It's very well designed, looks reliable to me. I just wanted to hear some opinions. ^^

Best of all, they have an iPhone app, allowing you to see your instant balances regarding ALL accounts. However, most banks have ability to get your balance by text. Do some research to see? :P

Joey
14 years 7 months ago #76

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Thanks Joeyman!
14 years 7 months ago #77

Meya, was your deposit a large amount? If so, how large?

$7k
14 years 7 months ago #78

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Isn't mint.com that website where you can buy coins?
14 years 7 months ago #79

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I have a question that I believe I asked some time ago. What is the difference if you get an over-draft protection and an actual over-draft? My bank (bofa) charges $15-$33 (or probably higher) for an over draft and $18 for an over-draft activity to your over-draft protection. I don't see the difference especially if it is not going to my credit report and I am not leaving the bank I am at. Help me out gardyman!

Meya,

My overdraft protection plan works in two ways: The negative money is taken out of my savings account, or the negative money is taken out of my credit card account. I personally have it set up with my savings account, and I get no overdraft fees. I'm with a local credit union. I briefly read something about your credit union being to small, etc. I agree, I wish mine would make an iPhone app! But, I believe their to small to try/afford it.

Anyone know about Mint.com?

They have an iPhone app now, and most banks work with their systems. But is the system safe?
14 years 7 months ago #80

Meya, was your deposit a large amount? If so, how large?
14 years 7 months ago #81

Our cut off time is when the bank closes and the ATM cut-off time is 6:00pm (or is it 7pm?). Most banks does that anyway, but I had waited longer than the next business day depending on the deposit. Nearly had to wait 2 weeks before they paid me all of my money for the money i borrowed from Chase, and they sent me a check. Not to mention, they (Bofa) paid me in increments. :worried:
14 years 7 months ago #82

Meya, US Bank's checking policies are somewhat similiar to BoA's checking policies. When you deposit a non-US Bank check, they will credit your account with a $100 on the day of the deposit and make the rest available the next business day (including Saturdays). However, the cut-off time is 5pm even though the one I bank with closes at 7pm.
14 years 7 months ago #83

As of today, everything came through, but I ended up with $80 more than what I expected, I think the hotel authorized more than what I had to pay. They cool, but I am scared to use them while traveling. I am not a receipt person, got a bad habit in throwing them away. I just estimate my spendings, wont do that with this bank....loz! My deposits goes in instantly Colo, I never tried them with a check yet. I am pretty sure they are gonna do the $100 only thingy, and you have to wait for the rest to clear....lolz!

ps, go to the club......you and hjm!
14 years 7 months ago #84

I opened a US Bank checking account about a month ago right after BoA closed my credit card accounts. The reason why I opened it is to start building a relationship with US Bank but it seems like banks can careless if your deposit accounts are in excellent standing when they look at your credit card account and feel as if it's a risk to them. One of the reasons why this is usually the case nowadays is because deposit accounts and credit card accounts are two different entities and don't have anything to do with each other regardless if they're both a product of the same bank.
14 years 7 months ago #85

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Best and worst banks

That is weird Meya. So did your balance go down at all or was the available balance still what it was before the charges?

I switched my checking from the credit union to a bank a few years ago because they took forever to credit my account for the direct deposit and their systems would go down all the time; always when I needed to get cash out of the ATM. I still have the CU checking account but I rarely use it.

The one good thing about credit union checking is that all of the credit unions work together so you can take cash out at a credit union from another state and not get hit with a foreign ATM fee.

I use the credit unions for the great loan and savings rates, but for checking I prefer a bigger bank.
14 years 7 months ago #86

Well, I have to Provident Credit Union in here for today. I am happy with the credit union I am with and will still keep them. But, I had a little problem in how their system works. I put some money in their bank to cover my vacation expenses. I began using the card down the highway for food, and checked in hotel. The next day, I started using the card again, so I decided to call the number on the back of the card to see what was my balance. The number said the bank was closed......huuummm of course i know banks are closed at 7pm on weekend, but automated teller is 24hrs, so I choose to select that option.

Because I did not have my member ID # available it redirected me to a live teller which still said they were closed. I went to the business center to use their PC so that I could check on line for all purchases made by debit/credit and the balance was there, but pending charges was not showing. How was I to know if any charges I made were actually taken away from the balance or if the balance was from 4 charges ago? :confused: Soo, I had to depend on US Bank to keep me in the clearance, I transfered money over from my LOC(
14 years 7 months ago #87

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

for me as it stands today,I love BOA online banking but the credit card division so far has been disappointing,Citibank on the other hand has been awesome and Chase been good to me so far(fingers crossed) lol.
14 years 7 months ago #88

Replied by Meya on topic Instead, they take your largest

Instead, they take your largest purchase out first. So, instead of getting one overdraft fee, you get about five.

Good lord, this is the way US Bank works. I made sure I don't go low with them anymore.
:fun: :laugh: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #89

Replied by tstreet436 on topic It’s hard to find a

It’s hard to find a good bank that doesn‘t upset you from time to time. I bank with JP Morgan Chase. Although, I think some of their policies are horrible, I haven’t found another bank that better fits my needs. The biggest problem I have with Chase is the way they handle their purchases and overdraft fees. If I make several purchases and my last purchase gives me a negative balance, it’s not calculated on a first come first serve basis. Instead, they take your largest purchase out first. So, instead of getting one overdraft fee, you get about five.
15 years 11 months ago #90