Best and worst banks

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Best and worst banks

And the verdict is????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Because? According to their charter rules my father would have had to retire from the military! Hello USAA! Can you let me in now? LOL!

USAA Federal Savings Bank is noted worldwide for their excellence in customer services and outstanding banking products. You would do well with them (as you already know).
12 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Because? According to their charter rules my father would have had to retire from the military! Hello USAA! Can you let me in now? LOL!

Sorry to hear it. USAA will treat you right though. You bring up an interesting point about the charter. Federal credit unions have strict policies on who can join. This is why a lot of local and smaller credit unions have changed to state charters in recent years-to broaden their scope of membership.
12 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Did they at least remove the hard pull from your CB? Since they did it under false pretenses. Its not your fault they don't know their membership rules that well. I hope they at least appologized for their incompetence.
Well I'm pretty sure USAA isn't going to treat you like that. They also have great products and services.
12 years 11 months ago #18

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Well I called Navy FCU today because the certified letter I sent to Cutler Dawson had been signed for on the 18th or April, customer service told me a response to the letter I just sent has been mailed out on the 28th of April, so as soon as I get the results I will be sure to share with everyone on this board!
I am really hoping this is great news! No one in customer service couldnt seem to give me anymore information than that. Again, please keep your fingers crossed for me!

12 years 11 months ago #19

Well I called Navy FCU today because the certified letter I sent to Cutler Dawson had been signed for on the 18th or April, customer service told me a response to the letter I just sent has been mailed out on the 28th of April, so as soon as I get the results I will be sure to share with everyone on this board!
I am really hoping this is great news! No one in customer service couldnt seem to give me anymore information than that. Again, please keep your fingers crossed for me!
12 years 11 months ago #20

I decided to take a breath, set down, relax, and write the president of Navy Federal Credit Union, Cutler Dawson a letter, in this letter I explained everything in detail what happened, and how I am so disapointed about the whole situation, I also elaborated on how I qualify for USAA Bank, and how I chose Navy FCU first because of their products and services they offer. I am sending this letter certified, so I know it gets into the right hands! I am not going to take this laying down! Atleast this way I know I have gone as far as I can go! Thanks guys for all your support and comments on this one! I truley believe I am in the right on this one, seeing as how member services said I would qualify with my dads honorable discharge!

Fingers crossed! Going after what you believe in is number one!
13 years 3 days ago #21

I decided to take a breath, set down, relax, and write the president of Navy Federal Credit Union, Cutler Dawson a letter, in this letter I explained everything in detail what happened, and how I am so disapointed about the whole situation, I also elaborated on how I qualify for USAA Bank, and how I chose Navy FCU first because of their products and services they offer. I am sending this letter certified, so I know it gets into the right hands! I am not going to take this laying down! Atleast this way I know I have gone as far as I can go! Thanks guys for all your support and comments on this one! I truley believe I am in the right on this one, seeing as how member services said I would qualify with my dads honorable discharge! :upset:
13 years 5 days ago #22

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I have some really bad news! I get a phone call today from Navy Federal telling me that I cant be a member because my father, who I asked to sponser me, but who isnt a member didnt retire from the army, and even though he served and recieved an honorable discharge, it still wasnt solid enough for me to qualify. So the 10,000 dollar credit card and the NavCheck line is all gone! What upsets me the most about this whole deal was, when I called to see if I would qualify to be a member, their customer service rep told me I would qualify based on what I told him about my father. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone on here up to this point. Sometimes getting knocked back a few steps, makes taking the next two forward even better! Im not giving up, thats for sure!

Sorry to hear it, glad you were able to find a positive spin on it though. As the others have posted, USAA is awesome, so if you aren't already a member, they would be a great organization to join.
13 years 5 days ago #23

I have some really bad news! I get a phone call today from Navy Federal telling me that I cant be a member because my father, who I asked to sponser me, but who isnt a member didnt retire from the army, and even though he served and recieved an honorable discharge, it still wasnt solid enough for me to qualify. So the 10,000 dollar credit card and the NavCheck line is all gone! What upsets me the most about this whole deal was, when I called to see if I would qualify to be a member, their customer service rep told me I would qualify based on what I told him about my father. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone on here up to this point. Sometimes getting knocked back a few steps, makes taking the next two forward even better! Im not giving up, thats for sure!

Just blown away! I can't believe this! Take a deep breath and count to ten. Then, explode. Another poster suggested USAA Federal Savings Bank which has great products and I am a member (military honorable dischage) along with FG. Suspect you would qualify. Give them a call and review your desires and see if that won't work!
13 years 6 days ago #24

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

Wow! They really hit below the belt on that one.That's just not right! How could they not know till after all you went through you weren't qualified? Did they at least apologize for the uneccessary hard pull on you CR. Which wouldn't have happened if they knew their own rules for membership.
Well you could always try USAA. If your dad is a member or becomes a member. I believe that you would be able to be a full member. They're definitely a good company to deal with. They have great customer service as well.
Well on a lighter note! It's not to late for a carreer change. As long as you don't mind wearing the same color cloths everyday! LOL!!
13 years 6 days ago #25

I have some really bad news! I get a phone call today from Navy Federal telling me that I cant be a member because my father, who I asked to sponser me, but who isnt a member didnt retire from the army, and even though he served and recieved an honorable discharge, it still wasnt solid enough for me to qualify. So the 10,000 dollar credit card and the NavCheck line is all gone! What upsets me the most about this whole deal was, when I called to see if I would qualify to be a member, their customer service rep told me I would qualify based on what I told him about my father. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone on here up to this point. Sometimes getting knocked back a few steps, makes taking the next two forward even better! Im not giving up, thats for sure! :cool:
13 years 6 days ago #26

I have banked with Garrett State Bank for well over 9 years, its a small community bank that was founded by earlier railroaders, they still operate by the same philosophy as they did back in the late 1800's, be conservative, but still lend on a hand shake, and thats what I love about them! They make all their decisions locally, and structure their mortgage lending with 20% down and 80% LTV! Very conservative! They also offer numerous deposit accounts as well as installment programs and credit cards, all handled in house! They dont asses fees of any kind for having accounts, however, they still charge for typical late fees and over draft fees as any financial institution would. My only complaint I have with them is they report my mortgage and auto trade to Trans Union only, they do not report to Equifax and Experian, something about keeping costs down, but over all I would have to agree with their slogan, service of the past with products of the future! Here is their website if anyone is interested in seeing just how full service this 3 branch bank is! http://www.garrettstatebank.com/2193/mirror/

patrick12 - this ole "hound dog" Wanderer tried to send you an e-mail on auto re-financing and the system stated I could not contact you! Help! For reference to the reader, if you were able to refinance something say an auto, or boat etc... normally the refinanced new loan (assuming a different lender) would pay off the previous existing old loan which would show "closed paid" and would continue to give a positive rating to your credit bureau report in the installment loan category. FICO Score mix is still maintained with the new re-financed loan showing as a new installment loan and a new loan date (...as it is a new loan to the new lender...). Note, if you refinanced with the same lender it is likely they would assign a new loan date and show the old existing loan as paid off and the new loan as a new loan (...assumption runs to the lender assigning a new loan number...). You might wonder about all this but, lender's have to prove they have been maintaining fairness and equity in their lending pratices and that they aren't "red lining" and that they have the proper security (collateral) for their loans thus new loan numbers as it is truly a new loan (part of the bank audit and FDIC reporting standards). I hope this helps and serves not to confuse. One item dawned on me, it could reduce your average account age (depends on the depth of your credit report) and truth, the hit may be less than the benefits of refinancing and saving money!
13 years 3 weeks ago #27

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I think the main thing is, if they are working for you then stay with them.
13 years 4 weeks ago #28

Truth... rsty99 said it well!
13 years 4 weeks ago #29

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best and worst banks

I may be wrong here but, I do believe that some customers are comparing and contrasting worst bank with their creditors and personal banking needs. Let me express my reasons before my throat gets sliced....Wanderer, rsuty99, and Patrick12

While trustworthiness in the credit department is totally different in the personal banking department, they sort of weigh their strategic plans and objectives differently. Of course they are focusing very hard to remain competitive within the global banking market; we must first determine why we decided to bank with them in the beginning.

Some decide to conduct business with them because they are local, worldwide, convenience, or well known, but it that the main reason why we should select [Bofa]? If you noticed, a lot of member has fallen out with bofa because they were not satisfied with their overall credit cards services and have banked with bofa for many years. Some has fallen out with bofa because of fees associated with their accounts regardless if it was the customers fault. Should this bank become rated as the worse bank for such reasons? Maybe! But I think if we focused on how well the bank has satisfied our overall needs and to provide us with excellent customer service to the best of their ability, then maybe we would rethink who the best and worst banks are.

I can say that US Bank has the worst timing in customer service, but they are very reasonable when trying to satisfy my personal needs. As far as their credit services, well,
13 years 4 weeks ago #30