Layaway has come back to life

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

You were very close on the last sentences, but it seems like a credit card charge to me :laugh: :laugh:

I see that Sear's is supporting the troops and all, I just hate to do layaway. Once it is not in my present, I will forget about it and don't want it. I always end up going to the store canceling and want my money back :worried:
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

I saw a Kmart commercial yesterday where they were advertising layaway. Now I figured out how it works. You have the items you want reserved until you pay it off right before the holidays. I thought you would buy what you want and take your sweet time paying them back. :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Sears announced a return to layaway. Sears supports our troops, so support Sears this holiday season!

:popcorn:
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Sears is getting back into the mix]http ://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2008-11-12-sears-layaway_N.htm[/URL]

I could do some serious damage in the craftsman tool dept if they bring back layaway. My husband would have a very merry holiday!: white-flag :: relieved:
15 years 5 months ago #4

Sears is getting back into the mix]http ://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2008-11-12-sears-layaway_N.htm[/URL]

They need too, now this throw back memories. I just told my mom about this link you provided and now she won't stop talking about it. She is still talking while I am typing, you are going to pay for this one smcc: laugh :: laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Thank you for posting the link to this site
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Oh my goodness, I feel so old! I remember when my mother put my school clothes on layaway at Hills Department Stores! Hills hasn't been around in years!!
15 years 5 months ago #7
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Sears is getting back into the mix: Check out the article

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2008-11-12-sears-layaway_N.htm
15 years 5 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Thank you for posting the link to this site! I used to love layaway I'd have about 10 revolving layaways around the holidays. It's a great way to hide stuff from your nosy family (kids and husbands) at christmas. :laugh: :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #10

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Thank you for sharing this site.

I have added it to my favorites and will look into it when I get the chance.

I remember my momma doing the layaways... At walmart and levines.... That was such a long time ago.

Thanks again! :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

keep in mind they report to the FICO Expansion Credit Score and thats the score you cant see.
15 years 5 months ago #12

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

First, smcc thanks for the article I remember my parents buying our xmas toys on layaway and I used layaway all of the time at my favorite stores until they did away with it. There are a few stores in my area that still do layaway but now they call it "deferred payments" at a furniture store that I go and Burlington Coat factory. I registered with elayaway.com last year and I am now getting an ipod through them.

I used to be a layaway queen and proud of it.:cheesing: :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #13
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

I'm hoping that everyone here will read the article and maybe check out the website. I don't think anyone here is too proud to use layaway because it makes financial sense for those whose money might be tight during the upcoming holiday season and at the same time help your credit score to grow in the process
15 years 5 months ago #14

OH yes, layaway was a part of life when I was growing up. I was upset when Walmart took it away because it was a perfect way for me to get all my kids Xmas gifts in one store.

I will admit, that as I grew older, I began to renig on my layaway items because of "Out of site, out of mind!" The urge or really wanting something will tend to leave my desire and then I would want my money back. Sometimes, I will see it cheaper at another store, cancel my layaway, and go make a full purchase at the cheaper store. Mixed emotions, I guess you can say, or is it that the credit cards have taken it away:innocent:. I agree hjm, nice posting smcc.
15 years 5 months ago #15