Layaway has come back to life

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Layaway has come back to life

Smcc, I really like this post, thanks for sharing it with us. I have heard of this and strongly advocate it. Like you said, you get what you want, it's affordable, and the best part of it is that you build credit at the same time without having to use your credit card.
15 years 5 months ago #16
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

For most of us who are 40 and over layaway was a way of life when we were growing up. Well Layaway has come back to life. Most of you have probably seen on the news that some stores, i.e. KMart, have made layaway an option to those who want to purchase items for Christmas for example
and give them the ability to make payments on a monthly basis and once the last installment is made they can take the product home.

For the younger generation this was a way of life before plastic. The credit card brought about the demise of Layaway.

The following site http://www.elayaway.com/ offers consumers the ability to buy merchandise online using the layaway premise. Another benefit of this site is that it also allows you to build credit at the same time. You have the ability to find the item(s) you want, put them in layaway and the monthly deduction is taken from your checking account. This allows you to buy the items you want, rebuild your credit, and most importantly, not put any charges on your Credit Card for the upcoming holiday season.

I hope this site benefits one and all who are trying to make dreams come true for someone this holiday season and at the same time make it affordable to the buyer and at the same time help you build your credit
15 years 5 months ago #17