Merry Christmas Everyone!

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

Hi sis i wished i could help but i don't really know what to get a 14 year old girl. She is into make-up and clothes, but i dont know what to get her that she would like. Would gift cards from her favorite stores be ok????????
15 years 4 months ago #61
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

So any suggestions for a 6 & 7 yr old anyone?
15 years 4 months ago #62

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

that was really nice smcc.

I just started my job in October and money is really tight because I just moved into my house this weekend:cheesing:. I already have a Wii and a playstation 2. I know I won't be getting my kids anything big or expensive this year. That will have to wait until tax time lol. I do was the Sims 3 for myself or maybe another tattoo........................I'll hold out for my birthday I guess.
15 years 4 months ago #63
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Wow, that was so sweet! Same to you.:embarrassed:
15 years 4 months ago #64

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

I also hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas. My Christmas present has been in the garage since September so it came a little early for me :cheesing:

On a serious note, for those that still have a job I hope that for 2009 that you are able to keep your job and maybe advance from within or if something comes up outside your job that the Lord opens that door for you. For those working part time I hope that it becomes full time, for those without a job, God is working in the background for you and you will find that full time job !

For those trying to make ends meet I hope that the process becomes easier and your able to provide presents to the ones that matter most in your life. I think we can all agree this year that it won't be what you receive but that the person took time out of their life to think about you because you have left something positive with them !

Merry Christmas everyone !
15 years 4 months ago #65

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

That is what I am saying. They lower the value of your trade-in so they can make large profits when they sell the product.
15 years 4 months ago #66
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

We tried to turn in one that my nephew dad gave to him. It was for an xbox 360 and he did not have that, do you know that they were only giving up $3.00 for it? NO scratch whatsoever! Whatever!
15 years 4 months ago #67

They pretty much kill and bury the value of your trade-in.
15 years 4 months ago #68
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Isn't there a place where you can exchange games (trade in old ones and get new ones or money)

Yes they do, we do it sooooometimes because they don't want to hardly give you anything for it. They always hollering about a refurbish fee for each trade and some are not worth it so they give it back to you because the refurb is going to cost more than what the game is worth. :confused:
15 years 4 months ago #69

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Merry Xmas Everyone!

Yeah for the XBOX the Arcade Version doesnt have enough memory so you actually have to buy it separatly.

Yeah, I think that's what it was.
15 years 4 months ago #70

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Merry Xmas Everyone!

Yeah for the XBOX the Arcade Version doesnt have enough memory so you actually have to buy it separatly.

As far as the WII goes, its good for little kids only. My cousins (age 12,14)got it last year as xmas gift and played it like 3 months and got sick and tired of it because no good games were on it. NOW they are beggin for an XBOX. So guess what? Thats what they are getting this xmas :fun:

The only thing I play is :fun: Guitar Hero. I dont have one so I play it at my brothers cause hes a game freak. He has all the shooting games you can possibly think off, he also likes running people over and going on a killing spree on HALO and GTA4. So for me, its either GH World Tour, online Bomberman and demos :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #71

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

Isn't there a place where you can exchange games (trade in old ones and get new ones or money), Meya? Right now, I am stumped with a gift for my father. He can't think of anything he wants. I did get him a game that looked pretty cool at Target. I am stumped because I got my mom an iPod nano and an iTunes gift card.
15 years 4 months ago #72
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Merry Xmas Everyone!

Good lord, I am all the way down here asking the questions....lol. OK, hjm, the arcade version of the xbox, so he will not be able to save none of the games? The guy at Toys r us told me that he will be able to save some but not many. He said I will have to purchase the hard drive separately if I want to save memory. Is that true?

Colonative, the ps2 that he has is still around, I want him to give it to my nephews but he wont do it because he know they are going to break it or mishandle with care. My little kids are Sonic Freaks and they want the hedgehog (however you spell that) i think that is the one that just came out but it will not play on the old xbox. I am confused now. My kids are game freaks and they do not want any toys. I just purchased my lil 6 year old a ipod Nano (the blue one) and he takes great care of it, but he is the one that masters electronics. he has a bad habit in experiencing technology. I was wanting to get him like a kid tool kit so he can fix things. He love to fix things and explore how to utilize it. With the games, once he mastered it, he does not want it anymore. Can you guys are anyone else in here help me? I am embarrassed to say this, but I am really stuck this year.
15 years 4 months ago #73

I was stuck on it for a while.
15 years 4 months ago #74

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

Yeah, I remember that. The mission that I hated the most from that game was the one where you have to fly a toy helicopter into a construction site and plant a bomb in every level of the building. You would have to plant the bomb, then go to your van to pick-up the bomb and go back to the construction site to plant the bomb while the construction workers would be shooting at you.

yeah, that one was hard, made me mad.
15 years 4 months ago #75