Merry Christmas Everyone!

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

No you didn't, lol; hey I want to be a lawyer one day which is why I haven't been posting here recently (studying for my finals and that darn LSAT), not a preacher. Too many skeletons for that, lol

Oh my.:shocked:
15 years 4 months ago #31

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

No you didn't, lol; hey I want to be a lawyer one day which is why I haven't been posting here recently (studying for my finals and that darn LSAT), not a preacher. Too many skeletons for that, lol.:confused:
15 years 4 months ago #32

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

Preach, Charonh, Preach! :white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #33

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy the holidays. Make sure to spend plenty of time with friends, family, and loved ones, because at the end of the day, that's really all that matters and is important (not gifts or material possessions). :innocent:
15 years 4 months ago #34
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

LOL Meya. I have crazy cousins in Mississippi who jumped off a moving pickup to get a dime on the ground. Maybe we need a thread for crazy relatives? I'm sure I could fill up a page or two. My mom is worth at least a page

:white-flag: :white-flag: I am not alone then! Can you believe after all I said, my uncle called me last night to see what I was doing for xmas? Celebrating unc, just celebrating as usual. C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-N-G! lol

Go ahead to the lounge, start it up, seems like me, colo, and you will be the family pains killer in here.....lol. There's more, and I bet ya! I will be right behind you when you do and I will merge these posts over there after you start it.
15 years 4 months ago #35

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

Ha! I remember when I was a kid my parents would go looking at houses on the weekend and my sister has the smallest bladder in the world. Then all of a sudden in the middle of nowhere is a porta potty and she refused! I love how funny girls get with that stuff. My sister says it is easy for me because I can stand LOL.

Here is my 1992 flashback. I love this song]

[/URL]

Off topic drive by, sorry folks!

Thanks for the flashback!
15 years 4 months ago #36

Man forget that mess, my country family is crazier than all out doors and I do not plan on going back to TX never in my life.

I new I went off topic, and will stop it here, but when you mentioned snakes & woods, I had a 1992 flashback.

LOL Meya. I have crazy cousins in Mississippi who jumped off a moving pickup to get a dime on the ground. Maybe we need a thread for crazy relatives? I'm sure I could fill up a page or two. My mom is worth at least a page.:laugh:
I think we all have a few relatives like that.:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #37

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Merry XMas Everyone!

I new I went off topic, and will stop it here, but when you mentioned snakes & woods, I had a 1992 flashback.

Ha! I remember when I was a kid my parents would go looking at houses on the weekend and my sister has the smallest bladder in the world. Then all of a sudden in the middle of nowhere is a porta potty and she refused! I love how funny girls get with that stuff. My sister says it is easy for me because I can stand LOL.

Here is my 1992 flashback. I love this song]
[/URL]

Off topic drive by, sorry folks!
15 years 4 months ago #38
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I've been there. I was going to Big Springs, TX to visit my grandma for the first time since i was 2 yrs old. I had to use the restroom and I had told my uncle that he had to pull over because I could not ride any longer or my bladder would explode. He pulled over and when I turned around to look behind the rear view window I could not even see the road nor the trees we passed up. I got so scared, and I just said, "Never mind, how much longer do we have to ride, I guess I could hold on!"

Why do the buck-tussle, country people always tell city visitors, we almost there hold on, and they know we are 20-40 miles from destination? They got on my nerves with that, every time I got in the car with them, I just went to sleep because I knew the next ride was far away. From where I was at, which was east TX, the corner office was 125 miles away and that was in Dallas. Even the dead has to ride for a long time before they are buried. Not to mention the funeral took 3 days. I never went to a funeral where Day 1 was the quiet hour, Day 2 was the funeral, and Day 3 was the burial. I got mad at my uncle and told him, I am not going to no burial, that is too much death for me and I did not know her anyway. He was like "Gaaaaaal, get yo tail in dat dog-gone cah (he cant say car) dat di-pecful and you know it. Dat's yoe Annie and you gone spect it!." I got so heated at him and told him to spell disrespectful, then I slammed my door in his face.

I ended up going, but I did not get out of the car for the burial, they know I am scared of dead people and they kept me on spotlight the entire time because I had been gone since 1972 and she used to have me spoiled. But that did not mean that I had to sit in the front row staring at a deceased person who eyes was not even totally shut and it seemed like she was looking at me. During the viewing of the body, which was in a place that looked like a garage, and you had to bypass snakes if they came your way (My uncle picked up one, looked at it, and threw it to the side) they was standing over her drinking like it was a party, laughing, combing her hair, trying to close her eyes, and act like she as still living because they kept talking to her, and was pretending like she was answering. Man forget that mess, my country family is crazier than all out doors and I do not plan on going back to TX never in my life.

15 years 4 months ago #39

We are surrounded by woods. We have a ton of wildlife that I thought would be cool to see at night. It gets so dark that you can't see 3 feet in front of you. Maybe not so much if I see the snakes in our woods which is likely here in TX.:scared:
15 years 4 months ago #40
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

my husband said this will only be an excuse to go outside at night, they will be upset that it is not going to work right after they open their presents, but........maybe we can save on the electric bill. Hey, this is sort of cool Miskiwi, I am looking into it at amazon right now. Thanks!
15 years 4 months ago #41

Mskiwi, thanks for the feedback, I am going to definitely try this out. I am not going to breakdown for the Wii system for them. I know it is going to hurt me when they open up their presents and don't see it. I am a cry baby when it comes down to my kids and then I am going to feel like a reject parent. In the future when I have things going better for them, I might purchase it, by that time it should go down. I am even talking refurbish price reduced

Get the eyeclops night vision googgles, they are so darn cool. I know how you feel about the wii. This is the 2nd year that I didn't get it. If it weren't for my computer order mess up I would have got it this year.
15 years 4 months ago #42

I'm kind of on a tighter budget this year and only paying cash. For my 7 year old daughter, she is getting a dell computer and new 19 inch moniter. Long story short, she's only getting a computer because I got impatient waiting for Dell to deliver my computer and went out and bought a computer, went home to cancel the Dell and was told it had already shipped.
I got her eyeclops stealth night vision goggles and a my sports video game. She's getting a Hannah Montana (sp?) doll (ugh, I am sick of Hannah Montana) She's also getting clothes and a tea party set.
My sister is getting her a set of Halo guns since her dad is a Halo freak and so is she.
One of the girls who works for me is going to Mexico this Friday so I'm giving her $30 to buy various touristy type things and jewelry for her stocking, should be cool. I may get a few more small items, but all in all she's done.:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #43
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Mskiwi, thanks for the feedback, I am going to definitely try this out. I am not going to breakdown for the Wii system for them. I know it is going to hurt me when they open up their presents and don't see it. I am a cry baby when it comes down to my kids and then I am going to feel like a reject parent. In the future when I have things going better for them, I might purchase it, by that time it should go down. I am even talking refurbish price reduced:fun:
15 years 4 months ago #44

I also hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas. My Christmas present has been in the garage since September so it came a little early for me

very well said. Merry Christmas to you!
15 years 4 months ago #45