Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: ANY ONE HAD COLLECTION ITEM TAKIN OFF CREDIT REPORT?

One foot behind me, and when I release it they are going to need a tractor to pry it out.:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #76

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: ANY ONE HAD COLLECTION ITEM TAKIN OFF CREDIT REPORT?

One thing you have to do is watch your credit report because the bottom feeders aka collection agencies will try and slip things on your report from 20 years ago. What they do is go around and buy dead accounts then put them on your credit report as if it just went into collections.
15 years 9 months ago #77
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: ANY ONE HAD COLLECTION ITEM TAKIN OFF CREDIT REPORT?

I tried AT&T also which was on my BK. After calling them for new service, they said I could pay the old bill and it was not honor by my BK. One month later AT&T had place the $175 back as a collection item on my credit report.

If the AT&T account was from 2003, and was not honerd, then yes it is leagal to still be on your credit report. They have 7 years from the date they reported it being in collections or derog.

I have two people trying to put me back into collections from 1997, and 1999. From what I heard, they can refile in California. I will do my research with my foot straight behind my back because when i find out they cant, I am going to release it right dead smack in the creditors lower back. NOBODY MESSES WITH MY REPORT BUT I, AND WHO I AUTHORIZE!
15 years 9 months ago #78

Replied by Adicus on topic Re: ANY ONE HAD COLLECTION ITEM TAKIN OFF CREDIT REPORT?

If I understand this correctly, this AT&T bill was from 2003, then don't pay one CENT to them.

Send all (3) Credit Bureaus a letter of dispute regarding that erroneous debt. Then send the original creditor a letter disputing that that account was "illegally re-aged". I would also (cc) the BBB and your state attorney general office regarding this matter. Look into FTC Letters of Opinion (Cass, Wollman & Isgrigg) to better understand your rights under FDCPA. Good Luck.
15 years 9 months ago #79
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Meya, your not funny,....your hilarious

Meya, your not funny,....your hilarious

Exactly, funny is my twin brother. HJM331! He plays like he is quiet, he will have you on the floor laughing.
15 years 10 months ago #80

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Meya, your not funny,....your hilarious

Meya, your not funny,....your hilarious :fun:
15 years 10 months ago #81
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic That is on my sisters

That is on my sisters report. Yes they can say that. See here is what I find so strange and funny. Had you not paid them and just let it roll off, that is 7 years right? But if you paid them, they put this little message, like they had to drain blood to get it back from your in you cr, and that is for 7 years. That is why I took my way out, there was no way in heck that I could have paid for 60 inq. I just let it all go, and told myself to never do it agian.
15 years 10 months ago #82

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Hi Meya :cheesing: 60 co's

Hi Meya :cheesing: 60 co's Wow!! I guess i should not be crying about 2!! Happtlady,..i got a letter from an collection agency on a balance owe with TCF bank when I got mad and closed the account. The amount was $139, I paid $91 and they reported it as paid legally with lower offer, on my credit report. I don't know if that's bad or good. :dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #83
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Yes they should report it

Yes they should report it as pif, but if they don't you can dispute it through the cb's.

Hey YoYo11, I have had over 60 co's (some were not mines) and they ones that I had taken off (maybe 10) were successful. The rest just fell off over time.
15 years 10 months ago #84

Replied by happylady on topic Hi everyone, Ok I'm really confused

Hi everyone,
Ok I'm really confused now.., :scared:
I thought that if you have a collection item on your credit report and you pay it in full the collection agency has to report it at least as "paid in full" to the credit agencies...am I wrong? That doesn't seem legal if they can still report you as owing the money when you have in fact paid it off??
I also have an old phone bill in collection as of 4/07 - I have made arrangements with the collection agency to pay it off this month May 26th. Once the payment is received in full aren't they obligated to report to the big 3 that the account is paid in full??
15 years 10 months ago #85

Replied by Scribes on topic thanks...i'll get the typing right

thanks...i'll get the typing right away..collection [edited]!!!! Hopeful I'll find the right letter ..something nice, yet to the point.

How's this?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

RE: Account # XXXXX

Upon receipt of payment in full of $xxx.xx for account # xxxxx, The XYZ Company agrees to enter a deletion to all 3 Credit Bureaus (TransUnion, Experian, Equifax) for both XXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Once payment has been received and posted to the account, I will enter the deletion electronically for you and send you a letter confirming I sent the deletion.

I will also provide XYZ Company proof that this account has been paid.

Thank you! :D
15 years 10 months ago #86

Replied by yoyo11 on topic thanks...i'll get the typing right

thanks...i'll get the typing right away..collection [edited]!!!! Hopeful I'll find the right letter ..something nice, yet to the point. :scared:
15 years 10 months ago #87

Replied by eugene66 on topic you can google pfd to

you can google pfd to find that there is a ton of sample letters written from other places you can tailor for any situation.
15 years 10 months ago #88

Replied by yoyo11 on topic :dumbfounded: payment for deletion? do

:dumbfounded: payment for deletion? do you have a copy of such a letter?
15 years 10 months ago #89

Replied by eugene66 on topic there is something called PFD,

there is something called PFD, Payment For Deletion. That is, in consideration of accepting your payment in full, the other party, your creditor, promises IN WRITING to delete all negative information it reported to each of the 3 major Credit Reporting Agencies (CRAs): Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.

Do NOT negotiate with the CA by phone. Everything must be in writing, especially their promises. With paper evidence, you can sue and win in court under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act if they break their written word.
15 years 10 months ago #90