Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Replied by farmgirl on topic WOOHOOOO! Broke the 600!!!!!!!!

After reading at another site, and learning about how to dispute items, etc... I wrote a letter to the CA reporting 2 accounts that I had been refusing to claim for over 5 years- they were small, and not mine, and I was not paying them!Anyway- I demanded they remove them from my report, and they did! My experien score went from 584 to 641! Now I am just waiting for my stuent loan to show up as being paid off. I only have 2 inquiries on my report an both of those are almost a year old- one from when I bought my car, an another when I became an authorized signor on our cubscout account... What is a good store card to apply for-should I go for the kay card?
14 years 4 months ago #1
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
Thanks! I am glad it happened while I am struggling to pay down balances because I really had a plan to go hay wire over prime cards. Don't think I will be able to go for them with high util, I am clearing everything up first. Not in a hurry anyway since I have had my time and share with cc's....lolz!
14 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Congratulations Meya :birthday: now you are on the stretch run and the checkered flag is on the horizon.
14 years 6 months ago #3
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya - one of the other posters saw small drops in their credit scores for account closures but the drops were short lived. In my experience it has been 2 to 9 points for a few months. Catch if it was a really old account.

That is exactly how much mines were. It did not hurt score like I thought it would. I really thank these creditors for helping me rebuild, but I never said that I was going to stay with them for life.:innocent:
14 years 6 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Meya - one of the other posters saw small drops in their credit scores for account closures but the drops were short lived. In my experience it has been 2 to 9 points for a few months. Catch if it was a really old account.
14 years 6 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Meya- I hear ya ... finally got around to closing accounts that I believe won't hurt my score. In today's world it seems insufficient use is grounds for CL reductions or "account closed credit grantor". Don't want that to happen. GEMB Men's Warehouse closed by credit grantor. However GEMB completely removed the account from my credit report so no change was the outcome. I did not use the account in three years. Trying to set myself up with the big boys and the rest can go away. :cool:
14 years 6 months ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Thanks wanderer, but I don't think I will see a significant change because the baddie was cleared from TU and EQ and my scores only went up by 7 or 11 pts. The util is what's keeping it from really climbing. Also I am still in the process of closing accounts so I will drop for a hot minute, but it is for my best interest.
14 years 6 months ago #7

Meya - Cool :relieved: Way to go... cleaning the old badies off the credit reports. I rode the three bureaus until they dropped some baddies before seven years just to get me off their back. It sure feels good. You may see an adjustment in your FICO and FAKO Scores that increases them...
14 years 6 months ago #8
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Report date: October 02, 2009

Results

How to read your resultsDeleted - This item was removed from your credit report
Remains - This item has been verified as accurate
Updated - A change was made to this item; review this report to view the change. If ownership of the item was disputed, then it was verified as belonging to you.
Reviewed - This item was either updated or deleted; review this report to learn its outcome

Credit Items
APPLIED BANK

Account Number] xxxxxxxxxxx.... Outcome] Deleted
:white-flag:

Fiiiiinnnaaaaallly! Whoooooooooah laaaawwwd! Thank You Jesus! The only battle now is to pay down all util, and finish closing accounts. All my baddies are officially gone. I am the happiest person alive. I really feel like crying. I have waited years to see this day come, I was so upset at Exp this morning because when I pulled my report, this baddie was still there, and it was due to be removed Aug 09. I called them in Sept and they told me that it would be removed on the 30th of Sept, I was mad as I don't know what. Today I called them, and went off like a maniac, next thing I know I got an email that came in at 12:01 pm stating that my results are complete. I was like wt...! Are they done already! Clicked the link, added my result # and ID, and like baaaam, this was the outcome!

.......ps, now I have to wait another month before I can pull again...Boo-hoo!
14 years 6 months ago #9
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

6/17/2009
14 years 10 months ago #10
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

hi,

the above was posted last year, but i have a question. i wrote pay/delete letters to every CO on my CB reports that i can afford to pay off. i only heard back from one of them. another one of them updated my EQ report, but never responded to my letter. others have not responded at all. how would you all take this. would you send payment anyway; call them; or dispute in case they no longer have the records?

thanks for any responses,
sphj413

Brian23 and I were just talking about this. How old are the accounts from the oldest to the newest? What ever you do, make sure you put the balance. Paying on old debts will add another 7 yrs on you, if they happen to be over 5-7 yrs old, I say roll with it and save your money. What will happen is that you will be entering into another contract with them once you acknowledge you owe them. If they don't respond back, it may be because you just gave them lead way to come back at you. It is very tricky when you are trying to get rid of old debt.
15 years 2 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

sphj413, I would send them debt validation letters which would force them to prove that the debt they are reporting on your reports is actually yours. Sometimes, the debt is so old that they don't have your information anymore and are forced to remove the info from your reports. I wouldn't send them any payments unless they send you a letter agreeing to a pay in full. OC's/CA's do pretty much anything to collect debt so make them earn it.
15 years 2 months ago #12

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

Hello, I filed BK in 7/03. (for helping a family member and got burned big time!!)

After that in 05 was was laid off my job of 10 years. It took 6 months to find a job ...after 1 year the employer relocated, and was laid off again..and it took another 6 months to find another job. In the meantime, I found ways to pay high rent, and keep light, gas and phone on. Nothing else was important. When I change phone companies for better internet service, my old company said i still owe them $101..and placed me on collections on my credit report.

I tried AT&T also which was on my BK. After calling them for new service, they said I could pay the old bill and it was not honor by my BK. One month later AT&T had place the $175 back as a collection item on my credit report.

These two items are about 8 months old, but are still counted as new collection items on my credit report. I want to pay both off, but before I do, can I just give them a call to delete this time off my report, or send them a letter?

Help!!

AT&T's internal policy states that if you have a past due balance on any account with the company (wireless, wireline, etc etc) you must pay that obligation before any service will be opened up. Also, if you have a wireless acct and don't pay, your wireline will be suspended and vice-versa. The billing system will track back as far as 10 years. I'm not sure if they can report a debt that old on your credit, but they can deny you new service until prior obligations are paid.
15 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by sphj413 on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

How long ago was it? Normally, NO you can not dispute it off until it runs its 7 yr course. The new fico 08 has dropped things from my account that has not reached its 7r mark by at least 2 years. I would try to call the ccc that ou paid off and politely ask them if they can remove it since you owned up to your responsibility of paying off your debt. They may say no, they may say yes, you never know til you ask. I wish you would have mentioned this before you paid it off because you could have wrote a letter to them stating that "I am willing to pay off this debt, if you are willing to remove it from my cr when it is paid". To clear a debt, they would have went for it....lol

hi,

the above was posted last year, but i have a question. i wrote pay/delete letters to every CO on my CB reports that i can afford to pay off. i only heard back from one of them. another one of them updated my EQ report, but never responded to my letter. others have not responded at all. how would you all take this. would you send payment anyway; call them; or dispute in case they no longer have the records?

thanks for any responses,
sphj413
15 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by pumbaablah on topic Re: Have TU, EX, & EQ dropped baddies from you today?

16+ increase on my equifax fico score report! Merrick Bank dropped all the lates that was reported. The account is still on there but it says "paid" instead of "settled". Does that mean there might be a chance that it will fall off before May 09' which is the true date that it will fall.? I really hope so. It will be a huge gain for me getting the derog account off since its the only CO I have.
15 years 4 months ago #15