good auto loan?

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Girl, when you get that ride, definitely rock something with a collar, put it up, and then dust your shoulda off like you be pimpin' and ---t. Cause you straight up will when you get it cause that's what you want.

:white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #91

Well, I don't want to go off topic with my personal views on American's buying Japanese cars so I will save you that

Not too far off the map. I will say this though, it is much better than a Chevy Aveo.....but not by much.....(believe me). If I had bought the car I wanted at the rate I got though.....I would be broke or at a second job right now.

In any event, you are right and I will definitely leave it at that.:white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #92

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Buick Enclave baby. And that installment trade line will be looking good on your credit bureau.

:white-flag: :white-flag: You know it baaaby!!! I cant wait til I can take a pic of it with me just leanin with it and rockin with it.
14 years 10 months ago #93

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

When I see my dad, I will probably deck him for telling me for buying American. My next ride will probably be Japanese...either Toyota or Nissan. One of my friends wants me to go Alt(ima), but my tax bracket allows me to go Max(ima). I priced out the fully loaded package for the Premium package on the Max and I can actually swing those payments after 8 grand down for 4 years.

Thing with a car, for me, is that I gotta have style, and I have been driving crap most of my driving life. Only cars I ever really liked were my 84 Grand Prix (thing was a monster on the road and I loved it) and my 91 Ford Taurus. (Thing was a smooth ride and very little maintenance was required....sad day when I got rid of it).

Well, I don't want to go off topic with my personal views on American's buying Japanese cars so I will save you that :white-flag:
I am willing to guess you bought some hideous Dodge Caliber or something of those sorts. And they wonder why they had to file bankruptcy. Geesh.

At the very least with your rebuilding you should be able to get the car that you really want next time.
14 years 10 months ago #94

Hmmm, what car could you be hating that much? Do tell.....

Sigh.....and mind you I admit and concede in advance that my car is much much worse than Brian's Civic. Because of pending litigation, I can't really say which car it is until resolution. All I can tell you, is that if I didn't start this back last Summer, I would be one of many Americans that would have been messed up with all that's going on.

When I see my dad, I will probably deck him for telling me for buying American. My next ride will probably be Japanese...either Toyota or Nissan. One of my friends wants me to go Alt(ima), but my tax bracket allows me to go Max(ima). I priced out the fully loaded package for the Premium package on the Max and I can actually swing those payments after 8 grand down for 4 years.

Thing with a car, for me, is that I gotta have style, and I have been driving crap most of my driving life. Only cars I ever really liked were my 84 Grand Prix (thing was a monster on the road and I loved it) and my 91 Ford Taurus. (Thing was a smooth ride and very little maintenance was required....sad day when I got rid of it).
14 years 10 months ago #95

It used to be that way with me. I used to be flossing in new cars pertty (spelled correctly) often. Now that I am older, with kids, bills, and responsibilities, I got to keep my car till it ride like the Flintstones. We will just have to shave off the callouses until we can do better.....lmao. Actually I have to size up my vehicle because my kids are growing. I did not have kids when I first purchased the car, I only had my nephew. Now that he is nearly 13, and the others are 8 and 7, its time for a bigger vehicle.

Buick Enclave baby. And that installment trade line will be looking good on your credit bureau.
14 years 10 months ago #96

Believe me when I tell you, I 100% agree!

Hmmm, what car could you be hating that much? Do tell.....
14 years 10 months ago #97

10 years??? your being generous... did you know the average american car-buyer only stays in a car for 2-3 years.... prolly after the 1st month, i was ready to take it back to the dealer... lol

Yup, most people trade their cars in after a few years. American greed for ya.
14 years 10 months ago #98

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Auto Loans

I think he told me he did it for 3 years, so the payment is a little higher and the interest payments are a little lower.....

Amen to that....lol

Smart man. He gets the benefit of a tradeline reporting to the bureaus, and a nice cheap payment PLUS it will be done quickly. Assuming he hasn't ----ed up with other lines, he should be pretty decent (or soon will be).
14 years 10 months ago #99

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Auto Loans

Not terrible. His payments probably look something like this, assuming he went with the 60 month. Hmmm...according to Bankrate, his payments are $148. 79. Not bad at all. He would only pay $2927 in interest. If your buddy went the 4 year plan, then that's $172.82 a month and only $2295 in interest.

I hope your buddy is a mechanic though...the good thing about the low payment is that he can put a 200-400 a month aside for any potential work he may need done.

But I still say get a beater and put that money aside for a couple of years so that a real car can be had.

I think he told me he did it for 3 years, so the payment is a little higher and the interest payments are a little lower.....

Amen to that....lol
14 years 10 months ago #100

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: Auto Loans

I am not to sure, cause I am waiting like you to be in the 700 club before I pop my head back into the dealership again, but I have a friend at work that just bought a Saturn Vue (and he has pretty bad credit too). It was used and I think it ended up only being 6K for the car and he got financing from some1 for like 16.9% interested....

Thats not too bad lol....

Not terrible. His payments probably look something like this, assuming he went with the 60 month. Hmmm...according to Bankrate, his payments are $148. 79. Not bad at all. He would only pay $2927 in interest. If your buddy went the 4 year plan, then that's $172.82 a month and only $2295 in interest.

I hope your buddy is a mechanic though...the good thing about the low payment is that he can put a 200-400 a month aside for any potential work he may need done.

But I still say get a beater and put that money aside for a couple of years so that a real car can be had.
14 years 10 months ago #101

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

10 years??? your being generous... did you know the average american car-buyer only stays in a car for 2-3 years.... prolly after the 1st month, i was ready to take it back to the dealer... lol

It used to be that way with me. I used to be flossing in new cars pertty (spelled correctly) often. Now that I am older, with kids, bills, and responsibilities, I got to keep my car till it ride like the Flintstones. We will just have to shave off the callouses until we can do better.....lmao. Actually I have to size up my vehicle because my kids are growing. I did not have kids when I first purchased the car, I only had my nephew. Now that he is nearly 13, and the others are 8 and 7, its time for a bigger vehicle.
14 years 10 months ago #102

I would much rather see someone being real and driving a Civic rather then buy an expensive car just for status. I don't care what brand it is, all cars get old and very few retain value or status after 10 years.

Believe me when I tell you, I 100% agree![/quote]10 years??? your being generous... did you know the average american car-buyer only stays in a car for 2-3 years.... prolly after the 1st month, i was ready to take it back to the dealer... lol[/quote]

I have never LOVED and HATED (though leaning more toward hate) something or someone anymore than my current car. I love it because it gets me where I need to go. Hate it because I would never have bought it willingly....NEVER. I'm about the 1 and a half year mark and am just counting that days......counting the days......
14 years 10 months ago #103

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Auto Loans

I was financed by that percent when i was in the low 500's if not high 400's:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #104

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I would much rather see someone being real and driving a Civic rather then buy an expensive car just for status. I don't care what brand it is, all cars get old and very few retain value or status after 10 years.

14 years 10 months ago #105