What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

And when the women pass you men wearing

1. Beautiful
2. Jadore'
3. Intuition
4. White linen
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. Sung
7. Donna Karen

You men just break your knecks and fall to your knees...lmao.

You can always try Chanel's Mademoiselle or Chance.
15 years 10 months ago #376

Replied by hjm331 on topic Meya, that's just flat-out COLD!

Meya, that's just flat-out COLD! :worried:
15 years 11 months ago #377

Replied by Meya on topic And when the women pass

And when the women pass you men wearing

1. Beautiful
2. Jadore'
3. Intuition
4. White linen
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. Sung
7. Donna Karen

You men just break your knecks and fall to your knees...lmao.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #378

Replied by hjm331 on topic I kind of agree with

I kind of agree with LLAY but I agree more with HJM and Meya....I went to Macy's and bought $300 worth of dress pants and shirts because of a flyer I got because I am a CARDHOLDER...lol I would have never knew about this great sale unless I was a CARDHOLDER lol...I didnt pay using my gold Macys card because I wasnt getting a discount for using it this time. Instead I used my No Hassle Cashback Cap 1 Visa...I did use my macys card on some Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio Cologne though

That's a really good cologne. That has women dropping dead like flies when you walk by from the great smell! :cool:

15 years 11 months ago #379

Replied by Meya on topic Instead I used my No

Instead I used my No Hassle Cashback Cap 1 Visa

You did not have to go there! You know I really want to apply for that card right? The only thing that hold me back is that our "big boy" pulls all three and I hate that. I could probably stand for one or two on my tu and eq, but NOT on my EX!
:fun: :fun:

So how long did it take for you to get the gold card?
16 years 52 minutes ago #380
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic I kind of agree with

I kind of agree with LLAY but I agree more with HJM and Meya....I went to Macy's and bought $300 worth of dress pants and shirts because of a flyer I got because I am a CARDHOLDER...lol I would have never knew about this great sale unless I was a CARDHOLDER lol...I didnt pay using my gold Macys card because I wasnt getting a discount for using it this time. Instead I used my No Hassle Cashback Cap 1 Visa...I did use my macys card on some Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio Cologne though :cheesing:
16 years 10 hours ago #381

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I don't have a Macy's

I don't have a Macy's card but I'm planning on applying for it. I love shopping at Macy's. It's one of the best department stores around. They have everything at a decent price...I love the after Christmas sale as well :-)
16 years 11 hours ago #382

Replied by alpha on topic I totally agree, Meya. If

I totally agree, Meya. If you need to build up credit, a card for a specific store is a good way to go. You get the credit points, plus you should pick a store that you actually want to shop in. We have Macy's here and they're always offering some special discount if you have their card.
16 years 14 hours ago #383

Replied by Meya on topic If you shop at Macy's

If you shop at Macy's then you will have real good use for it. There are going to be a lot of cards that neither one of us are going to see a purpose on such as Tribute, Imagine, Aspire, Rewards 660...etc (you know what I mean) but there are some people who have no choice when they want to build credit.

Macy's is a fun place to shop, I use my debit card, credit card, and their store card when I shop there. I find good use in anything that I am going to benefit from. Actually, I am in my ending of credit rebuilding stage and Macy's has really increaed my scores (along with all the rest of them). I get
1. Great customer service when I shop and when I call customer care
2. Special discounts when I use my card
3. Coupons in the mail, online, and through advertisement
4. Growth within the credit department, we don't just stick with the same card constantly
5. Return's without being questioned down
6. Special financing if I decide to shop higher than my limit which does not affect my scores nor credit
7. The feeling of U-Go-Girl when I whip out the card...lol

I guess you can just say, it is a cool card to have. If you dont shop there then I can clearly understand because this is the same thing I would say about Lowe's until I went there....lol.
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :fun: :fun:
16 years 1 day ago #384

Replied by hjm331 on topic Actually, there are a few

Actually, there are a few good reasons why the Macy's card is always a good card to have:

1)Easy to get which can help build/rebuild your credit history.
2)Easy to get CLI's and high limits which helps lower your utilization which improves your FICO scores.
3)You don't need to deal with the high APR and you can just sockdrawer the card.
16 years 1 day ago #385

was created by LLAY1

I start to wonder what good a card like this does unless you absolutely need credit. High APR and no real savings after your initial sign up. The points will take forever to add up unless you are a shopaholic. Meantime, you could use a regular card and get the exact same benefit at a lower cost and add points. Macy's cashback % isnt the greatest you are shopping at their store.

This is just my thought, those who have this card please share your opinions
16 years 1 day ago #386