What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Charonh, I used to shop at Macy's a lot before I turned 18. But now that I have seperated my needs from my wants, I'm on a tight budget but I am hoping to see my current $2,300 CL increase to $3,000 in December. :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #286

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

HJM331 they sure do, which I plan on trying to take advantage of next month. I will keep you posted. Also, I thought I posted it in my original post, but yes you do have to spend an annual amount to reach and attain different card levels: gold/$500; platinum/$1000; black (elite) $2500. Hope this helps you guys:cheesing:.
15 years 6 months ago #287

Charonh, does Macy's give nice CLI's during the holidays?
15 years 6 months ago #288

Cireone, Macy's issues different cards at higher levels based on how much you spend annually. I don't know what those tiers are off the top of my head but I can definitely research them and post them here if I find anything related to your question.
15 years 6 months ago #289

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I've had my macy's card since 2006 and I love it, especially since I've reached the black level where I receive 18 free services (gift wrap, free shipping, etc.). They always send discount coupons and give you opportunities to earn more rewards on various days throughout the year. They also are usually pretty liberal with credit lines once you've built a relationship with them, which helps with your overall utilization percentage on your credit report. At one time I had the visa, but I closed it, because the APR was just ridiculous and I was not as disciplined then, had I'd been, I would have kept it open and just not use it. Just don't keep a large balance on it or pay it off quickly if you do and you'll be good to go.

You live and you learn.:cool:
15 years 6 months ago #290

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I hear that based on our spnding profile, Macys will bump you up to the Gold and then the Black card. Is it true and hpw does it work???? DO I have to by a certain amount of merchandise in a specific time period or does it count since the opening of the account????
15 years 6 months ago #291

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

What no Brut Cologne, guess thats old school.:innocent: Macys doesnt do good here in Chicago, they took over Marshall Fields, big no no. I do agree with Eric it gives you insight to sales that may not be advertised.
15 years 6 months ago #292

That's a lot of clothes! :cheesing:

No wonder Macy's baths you with their coupons.
15 years 6 months ago #293

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Shut up hjm331, you are a fool for that one :laugh: :laugh:

I would say about $3k I guess. Probably more. :confused:
15 years 6 months ago #294

$750 billion :cheesing:
15 years 6 months ago #295

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Way to go Kiejon9, I am digging the story. I have spent well over that much, do you think I am next

How much have you spent at macys this year
15 years 6 months ago #296

Way to go Kiejon9, I am digging the story. I have spent well over that much, do you think I am next? :confused: :worried:
15 years 6 months ago #297

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: macys credit card

I love that store. Congrats!
15 years 6 months ago #298

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic macys credit card

Well Guess What Network I Got A Cli From Macys That I Didnt Even Ask For And Then I Was Looking Over My Mail I Got 2 Nice Looking Black Cards From Macys And Called Macys Today To See Whats Going On They Told Me That They Sent Me The Cards Cuz I Spent 2,500 Or More This Year And Top Of That My Visa Acc Got A 2500 Cli When They Sent Out The New Cars Man I Am Happy With Macys

Elite Start Rewards Card
15 years 6 months ago #299

I sort of figured this thread was going to pop up, I forgot about it just that quick. I am going to try my hardest to put some time in tomorrow for cli's on my cards. I know the feeling hjm331!:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #300