What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Jay1, it takes time for HSBC to report your info to the credit bureaus every month so you have to be patient with them. The info on my mom's Weekender card shows up on her report on the 12th-15th of every month.
15 years 5 months ago #241

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Hey I only have two to report, both of my Orchard Gold accts $100.00 each.
1st / 09/06/06 300 to 400
2nd/ 12/07/07 300 to 400
3rd 08/2007 1,000 to 300 CLD

HSBC still does not report the CLI's on my credit report.:upset:
15 years 5 months ago #242

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

... because it makes your job harder?

No, I actually get a kick out of it. I mute and lmao.
15 years 5 months ago #243

Attorney State General. Hah. I hate it when I get customers that say that. I just sit there and smile

... because it makes your job harder?
15 years 5 months ago #244

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Whatever. I told her I was going to contact the Attorney State General. I never did of course, I know, I am one of those people LOL.

Attorney State General. Hah. I hate it when I get customers that say that. I just sit there and smile :cheesing:

Sry ColoNative, didnt mean to offend you, I just really dislike it when people say that to me.
15 years 5 months ago #245

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Sometimes they don't retrieve your account info quick niether, and then we are stuck with that "unknown music"

I agree, I received a bunch of coupons in the mail from them this weekend. I love the card and the store, but sometimes I question some of the things they do (like their Visa card-its terrible and even if you have the Visa they still give you a retail card; who needs two???).
15 years 5 months ago #246

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Macy's VRU is weird, you enter your account number and then they play that weird music, then a voice comes back and says "thank you, one moment while I retrieve your account information" and it plays the same music again.

Sometimes they don't retrieve your account info quick niether, and then we are stuck with that "unknown music" :laugh: :laugh:

But through it all, I still love me some Macy's, just don't like the call in issue.
15 years 5 months ago #247

Now that is what kills me. They don't show you online and they don't put it in paper statement. When I called them, they said it was for security reasons. What security reasons? Then why don't you offer paperless statements? If they start to do the cld thingy, we are all going to be messed up because we will never know what happened unless we phoned in. I do not call in to my cc cs, I mean for what? Who wants to hear a bunch of press 1 for this or press 4 for that, not only that, you have to hear 10 options twice before they tell you what to press for customer service. But ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh let's not talk about the voice recognition recording, if someone in the back ground cough, it does not recognize what you are saying. If someone is country talking or have poor English, it does not recognize what you are saying. Then it has the nerve to take you through an option before transferring you to the next agent

I know, that ticks me off too, I emailed them and I told them that by not knowing our credit limits it puts the consumer at a disadvantage and puts us at risk of going over the credit limit. They also gave me that garbage of security reasons. Well, you print my name, address, account number and also which mall I went to for the month! The lady also said that the credit limit was a guideline and could change at any time. Whatever. I told her I was going to contact the Attorney State General. I never did of course, I know, I am one of those people LOL.
Macy's VRU is weird, you enter your account number and then they play that weird music, then a voice comes back and says "thank you, one moment while I retrieve your account information" and it plays the same music again.
The worst voice recognition system was Bank of America's a few years ago, it was terrible and they made you set up all these passwords. I don't know if people complained about it or when (what used to be MBNA) took over the servicing of the accounts they changed it to theirs but boy am I glad its gone.
15 years 5 months ago #248

See I don't understand it. I live less than a mile from Macy's, and there are at least 10 Macy's within a 20 mile radius from me (including the one in Herald Square, NYC). They only gave me a $100 limit. I've been using it heavily and paying in full. I'm already up to the next level in their star rewards program for using it a lot. After over 6 months, and asking for 2 CLIs, I'm only up to 300. I now paid in full, and am sockdrawering it...maybe that will get them to rais it up.

How did you apply for the card and request the CLI's? If you opened the account online they usually give out low limits and from what I understand is that if you call them and ask for a CLI it is also sometimes low. It also, of course, has to do with your credit score overall.
15 years 5 months ago #249

They gave me a $1,200 auto CLI in June when I sockdrawered the card.
15 years 5 months ago #250

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

See I don't understand it. I live less than a mile from Macy's, and there are at least 10 Macy's within a 20 mile radius from me (including the one in Herald Square, NYC). They only gave me a $100 limit. I've been using it heavily and paying in full. I'm already up to the next level in their star rewards program for using it a lot. After over 6 months, and asking for 2 CLIs, I'm only up to 300. I now paid in full, and am sockdrawering it...maybe that will get them to rais it up.
15 years 5 months ago #251

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Now that is what kills me. They don't show you online and they don't put it in paper statement. When I called them, they said it was for security reasons. What security reasons? Then why don't you offer paperless statements? If they start to do the cld thingy, we are all going to be messed up because we will never know what happened unless we phoned in. I do not call in to my cc cs, I mean for what? Who wants to hear a bunch of press 1 for this or press 4 for that, not only that, you have to hear 10 options twice before they tell you what to press for customer service. But ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh let's not talk about the voice recognition recording, if someone in the back ground cough, it does not recognize what you are saying. If someone is country talking or have poor English, it does not recognize what you are saying. Then it has the nerve to take you through an option before transferring you to the next agent:upset:
15 years 5 months ago #252

"Another thing is, it is hard to tell the next member when to ask for a cli when they never use the card or applied with an address far away. Pamela2 is my prime example. She lives far away from Macy's and that is the reason why they give her low cli's, and slow cl's."

This is true i live 120 to 150 (depending which way i drive) miles away from Macy's so what i buy i have to order off line and i have to watch what i order or i will go over my limit. My limit is only 300.00 dollars so i just order a few things and pay off or pay more than what is due and order some more. But im hoping they will give me a increase before Christmas because i use it more now because Dillards (who by the way can kiss my big toe)

150 miles away? I think I have about 4 Macy's within about 20 miles each way. Well I can't really complain about my limit, especially when I hear of people with $100 or $200 limits. But still, I have always felt CLI's are a reward for being a good customer and having good credit. And I still hate how they don't show the limit on the monthly statement.
15 years 5 months ago #253

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

"Another thing is, it is hard to tell the next member when to ask for a cli when they never use the card or applied with an address far away. Pamela2 is my prime example. She lives far away from Macy's and that is the reason why they give her low cli's, and slow cl's."

This is true i live 120 to 150 (depending which way i drive) miles away from Macy's so what i buy i have to order off line and i have to watch what i order or i will go over my limit. My limit is only 300.00 dollars so i just order a few things and pay off or pay more than what is due and order some more. But im hoping they will give me a increase before Christmas because i use it more now because Dillards (who by the way can kiss my big toe):upset: cut my credit limit.
15 years 5 months ago #254

I hope that Victoria's Secret will give me another CLI because I always use it. Lately I have slowed down. There are only so many bras and panties that you can buy. I've noticed that they are bringing some colors back.

Oh man, I'm blushing! LOL, I used to have an Abercrombie & Fitch card, also issued by WFNNB, they had an option on the phone to request a CLI, see if they will do it for you via the phone.
15 years 5 months ago #255