Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

That is my next goal after I graduate.
13 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

I am sitting here and do not know which post to respond to:relieved:! They are all very encouraging, and heart touching. Yes you are all correct, education work and family is very hard to maintain and I do not see how I made it through this far.

@Wanderer, you make me laugh so much, but I have taken your advise on many things that you have expressed to me. I am going to take it for a spin, but this time I will not allow myself to become dizzy and pass out...lolz!

@Joeyman, when I expressed my true reason for being absent from my FG family, an abundance of pressure released from my head and i felt like a new person all over again. Credit became my addiction and FG is my rehab, so therefore.......Hello, my name is Meya, yes..... I am a credit addict!:cheesing:

@Patrick12, I could not agree with you more. To be honest, there is one thing that I will admit, I am starting all over again but, this time I can honestly say that I will not be starting over again with the rip-offs. Ohh noooo, I have learned enough from this site which creditors are the worst and which ones are the best. I still have 3 credit cards and a few department store cards that I am handling (and never been late)to this day. I am going to pull my credit report and scores:scared: then post everything here. I have never thought of a way that I can re-establish as of yet, but I will wait until I can handle all of my finances on my own......
13 years 1 month ago #2
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

I am sitting here and do not know which post to respond to:relieved:! They are all very encouraging, and heart touching. Yes you are all correct, education work and family is very hard to maintain and I do not see how I made it through this far.

@Wanderer, you make me laugh so much, but I have taken your advise on many things that you have expressed to me. I am going to take it for a spin, but this time I will not allow myself to become dizzy and pass out...lolz!

@Joeyman, when I expressed my true reason for being absent from my FG family, an abundance of pressure released from my head and i felt like a new person all over again. Credit became my addiction and FG is my rehab, so therefore.......Hello, my name is Meya, yes..... I am a credit addict!:cheesing:

@Patrick12, I could not agree with you more. To be honest, there is one thing that I will admit, I am starting all over again but, this time I can honestly say that I will not be starting over again with the rip-offs. Ohh noooo, I have learned enough from this site which creditors are the worst and which ones are the best. I still have 3 credit cards and a few department store cards that I am handling (and never been late)to this day. I am going to pull my credit report and scores:scared: then post everything here. I have never thought of a way that I can re-establish as of yet, but I will wait until I can handle all of my finances on my own......
13 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

One thing I admire about being an American is the fact that we are allowed to have goals, dreams, and opportunities! This country of ours was founded on hard work, mistakes, and growth! Without hard work and mistakes none of us grow! Its not so much what we have done in our past as much as how we have grown from it now. When I joined Financeglobe almost 3 years ago my financial picture was in dire straights! I didnt have one positive trade line, one bankruptcy and 3 judgements! My score was a 425! In three years I have built my scores all up over 650, I have established 8-15 trades, one mortgage, few installments, and the rest revolving, and in that time I was able to delete most of my chargeoffs, all of my judgements, and a bankruptcy off of my Trans Union report! Without all the encouragement from everyone of you, including you Meya! I would still be up you know what creek, without a paddle! One thing I have learned in the rebuilding process, its truley time thats on your side! And just like where I was three years ago Meya, this too shall pass for you! You are a smart, educated, and kind person, and even though you may have fallen on hard times, you have every ability now to get back on your feet and start rebuilding when that time comes! Like I said before, thats the beauty of living in this country, we are not limited to our abilities!
13 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Meya,

Your motivation to all of us gave us the ability to overcome, now its our turn to pay it forward to you. Strength comes from your family draw on that. Take care.
13 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Meya, I read your post and there were a few things that immediately and collectively came to mind. Then I read Patrick's reply and he covered almost all of them! :fun: (Thanks for my reply Patrick!)

I do want to announce (drumroll ........ dadadadatatatata) - working on a graduate degree with a houseful of children in this economy, is terrifying and challenging at the best! Well, I completed 3/4 of my undergrad degree 5 years ago and still can't figure out how to take my next class! I am a worker, please trust me on that one... I get about 5-6 hours of sleep and prioritize current and future goals and issues.

Meya, FG is a place to look forward, not backward as you know. We are all here to offer realistic and opportunistic solutions to financial issues. I've seen so many successful people turn humble because of our economy. It's not easy out here for most of us.

You are so close to your Master's and you have made sacrifices. Everything rewarding in life is earned, and nobody can take this away from you no matter what.
13 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Meya, Meya Mo Meya Banana fanna fo feya, fei fie fo feya, Meya.

Don't be a stranger, Lady. :cool:
13 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Welcome back Meya

13 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Ok, Ok, so I have to admit that I have been away for a while. My excuse, school, financial hardships, household responsibilities, stress, workload, and here comes the big one....."A HUGE SET BACK WITH MY CREDIT RATING!" Forgetting you all...NEVER!!! This is my home and the number one place for advice. I am no longer going to hold my head down because of the huge success that I have failed, which was achieving my overall credit dreams. This is what happens when we miscalculate and overstep our financial means.

I have waited so long to become the "Credit Card Gurl" but I sort of taken advantage of the credit industry when I had to live off of it. I know Mary Tompkins (and members) worked very hard to provide us with links that will help us maintain our credit ratings, but......apparently.....I failed! The current economic and employment conditions had taken full affect on me, but I know that I can come back. I know some of us have the same impact, but if you are willing to come in and join me, we can work through this together.

There are thousands of us here, some are still working on rebuilding, some are hanging in there, and some have mastered their credit background, and some of us had hit rock bottom. Remember that we have been down that rejection road before, surprisingly FG (non-professional advice) brought to that destination. We can revisit that same road of success, this time we have to be a little more careful and not only measure the balance of what we can or can not afford, but "what if" as a third option. That is what happened to me! I never thought that if a second reliable income was subtracted, I would have to make the dreadful decision of choice, which choice was to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads.

Oh, were you gone...? :scared: We love the positive spin you give others and with your working on an advanced college degree, earning a full-time living, raising a family plus all your other life opportunities. Amazing! It is harder to be a student and all when your life is full. Go for it!
13 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Welcome Back to all Temporary Absentees!

Ok, Ok, so I have to admit that I have been away for a while. My excuse, school, financial hardships, household responsibilities, stress, workload, and here comes the big one....."A HUGE SET BACK WITH MY CREDIT RATING!" Forgetting you all...NEVER!!! This is my home and the number one place for advice. I am no longer going to hold my head down because of the huge success that I have failed, which was achieving my overall credit dreams. This is what happens when we miscalculate and overstep our financial means.

I have waited so long to become the "Credit Card Gurl" but I sort of taken advantage of the credit industry when I had to live off of it. I know Mary Tompkins (and members) worked very hard to provide us with links that will help us maintain our credit ratings, but......apparently.....I failed! The current economic and employment conditions had taken full affect on me, but I know that I can come back. I know some of us have the same impact, but if you are willing to come in and join me, we can work through this together.

There are thousands of us here, some are still working on rebuilding, some are hanging in there, and some have mastered their credit background, and some of us had hit rock bottom. Remember that we have been down that rejection road before, surprisingly FG (non-professional advice) brought to that destination. We can revisit that same road of success, this time we have to be a little more careful and not only measure the balance of what we can or can not afford, but "what if" as a third option. That is what happened to me! I never thought that if a second reliable income was subtracted, I would have to make the dreadful decision of choice, which choice was to feed my family and keep a roof over our heads.

Welcome back Meya
13 years 1 month ago #10
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

13 years 1 month ago #11