TSA Screening - No Clothes or Patdown?

Poll: Has the screening proceess gone too far?

Yes
1 33.3%
No
2 66.7%
No Opinion
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 1 ( Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by smcc on topic Re: TSA Screening - No Clothes or Patdown?

I agree with Wanderer that issues within the Middle East has gone on since the dawn of time. This might sound crude but 9/11 was the United States invitation to the party ( in regards to World Terrorism).

People balked about the procedures that the TSA puts its passengers through to accomplish a trouble free flight/train ride/bus ride but another "Underwear bomber" scenario which this time it worked would quiet the rebellion.

Until we (U.S.) can stop playing defense when it comes to travel, we really have no choice. The scary thing is when a terrorist has a bomb placed inside themselves and succeeds in his objective where the search would then include Body Cavities by machine of course.

Can't speak for no one but myself, but I will give up a few minutes to make sure I land at my destination in one piece !
13 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: TSA Screening - No Clothes or Patdown?

TSA - What to say... so much more than I can put on this website. America used to be fun (US Army Special Forces 'Green Beret' Vietnam so I have seen some very interesting things in my overseas travel) but, many of the foreign countries do NOT respect life and have no grounding in our ways. In English they could careless about killing! We need to understand world history and that the middleast has been fighting and killing (as a way of life) since the time of Mesopotamia. We can shrug it off but folks the facts stand. Man has tried to get along and as you can see the results are spotty and ever changing. How to handle. Since I don't fly that often it is of little concern. For those who do however, yeah... Israel feels we are not yet strict enough! Hmm... I will follow this for further comment. :relieved:
13 years 4 months ago #2
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

What do you think about this? A few of my thoughts are:

• Kids and the screening process. I have 2 and one more on the way, so this is on my mind when considering a trip with the family.
  • Health concerns over radiation for frequent flyers and pregnant women.
  • How far will this go? What about buses, trains, trams, malls, schools etc. Is this the start of something bigger coming to our way of life?
  • Is this the only way to ensure safety while in the friendly skies?
13 years 4 months ago #3