Lebron James

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Lebron James

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong but the Heat come to Cleveland in December. This game will be televised. Can you imagine the "Welcome Back" James will receive ? This whole thing has been put to rest but you can best believe the week before this game is played what the hype will be on ESPN and in Cleveland ?
13 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Lebron James

I am 27 and don't remember when there wasn't a football team in Cincinatti. I remember a time when we didn't have a NHL team in Columbus. I think that when they catered to Lebron's every whim, he in his way, became a monster. He bought into his hype and made the media circus bigger by playing it. I think what went wrong with the playoffs is his style of playing. He is a ball hog and it has showed through the seasons. I don't watch a lot of basketball since I am a NHL fan. I think that Lebron gave Clevelanders hope that we could win a championship. Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, they hadn't won a Stanley Cup in almost 50 years and they finally won it this year.

Hey... hey... hey... while we think media hype? Do you think "smcc" needs a "makeover"? Couldn't help myself... envious of the new look! Gads... and now eugene66 takes on the wicked witch of the north! ... can't help it... the "devil in me made me do it"...
13 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Lebron James

I am 27 and don't remember when there wasn't a football team in Cincinatti. I remember a time when we didn't have a NHL team in Columbus. I think that when they catered to Lebron's every whim, he in his way, became a monster. He bought into his hype and made the media circus bigger by playing it. I think what went wrong with the playoffs is his style of playing. He is a ball hog and it has showed through the seasons. I don't watch a lot of basketball since I am a NHL fan. I think that Lebron gave Clevelanders hope that we could win a championship. Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, they hadn't won a Stanley Cup in almost 50 years and they finally won it this year.
13 years 9 months ago #3
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Lebron James

Eldarwen, I have been a Browns fan since 1969, Bill Nelson, Leroy Kelly, Jerry Sherk, The Drive, The Fumble, etc.. Obviously you remember when there was no Cincinnati Bengals and Browns and Buckeyes were it.

Lebron was put up on a Pinnacle by the Cavs. They catered to his every whim. Not to say he wasn't worth it but the city ( Cleveland ) put its sports dreams and aspirations on this young man shoulders.

He ( Lebron ) watched as Kobe / Shaq, Shaq / Wade won rings and knew he needed help in Cleveland in order to duplicate their feats. The Cavs knew this too.

Can the Cavs be blamed for not spending the money for bringing in the players needed to compliment Lebron ? Was it a Cap issue ? The Cavs had the best record in the league for two years straight but failed in the playoffs.

Lebron brought money to the Cleveland area, he brought hope to a city who is starving for a winner. They ( the fans ) wanted him to be the next Jordan, but the Bulls mgmt put a team around Mike.

The big question is what will the fan reaction be when the Heat come to town ?

Young man, the Heat will still need a Center to compete with Gasol and Bynum, remember you have two guys ( Wade, James ) who are used to taking control who will now have to play off each other to make it work in Miami

If the heat win a couple rings that will be great, but nothing like Lebron staying in Cleveland, winning a ring or two. He would have been revered, the city would finally have the monkey off its back (no championships since 1964 ), a proven winner and champion and something to brag about to the rest of the country.
13 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Lebron James

Very interesting... as a Minnesota Viking fan by default (live in Minnesota) how about Brett Favre Football hype...? He sure helped kick start the team and sell tickets!
13 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Lebron James

It was 95 percent media and 5 percent Lebron. At the end of the day, it's all business and Lebron joining D-Wade and Chris Bosh is going to change everything.
13 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Lebron James

I am from Cleveland and all this stuff about Labron really started to make me sick. All the hype about the will he or won't he stuff told me that he was probably going to leave. The reaction from a lot of Clevelanders was pretty much the same response as when the Browns (football team) was sold to Baltimore. In Cleveland, we may have crappy teams that do have some really good years, but we are fiercely loyal to our teams. When a player has a special place in Cleveland, we can get pretty PO'ed when they pull the stuff that Lebron did. Did Lebron need an hour to be classless, no. He didn't need all the hype and to hold the NBA up, Olympic gold medalist or not. Is he a gifted player? Yes. Will he be a legend? I don't think so. I think he will end up a worn out basket ball player that is homeless.
13 years 9 months ago #7
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

I know this might not get a lot of responses and this is as far left from Credit Cards as you can get.

So what do you think about the hour long special for all that viewed it ? Is Lebron bigger than the game ? Was it right that he held some cities "hostage" until this past Thursday when he made his decision to go to Miami ? Did Cleveland get a "raw" deal ?

My opinion, you don't need an hour to break a city's heart (Cleveland). Will he win a ring in Miami ? That is going to be hard when the majority of your cap money goes to three high profile players. How do you entice someone to come play in Miami if you can't pay them ? They will need a Center to deal with Gasol and Bynum...........

What if he doesn't win in Miami ?
13 years 9 months ago #8