Cell Phones and Credit

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Cell Phones and Credit

Well, I use my Sprint Blackberry for work and home (dont have a landline) and I have the unlimited everything with them for 99.99 a month (works great). After all is said and done my bill is like 124 a month and my phone allowance is 100, so I pay $24.... Like I said, works pretty good... I thought about going to verizon, but I've been with Sprint/Nextel for like 9 years...
14 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Cell Phones and Credit

That's cool. I went to AT&T, and I tell you, they are pretty high. I can't recall which cb they pulled from because it was past 2 years ago.:worried: I used to have Sprint for 10 years, but I went ahead and joined with my husband and nephew since I already had them with att for over 2 years. Well, our plan is 550 minutes unlimited text, pictures, and mobile to mobile within our network. We pay
1. 1st phone $50.00 + $4.99 insurance
2. 2nd phone $9.99 + $4.99 insurance + $30 PDA Personal (unlimited data)
3. 3rd phone $9.99 + $4.99 insurance
= $114.95
+ $ 30.00 for messaging unlimited
$144.95

Package is]

I only use about 100 of those minutes a month, nephew uses probably 60 of them, husband uses the rest. We have not went over as of yet because of the texting that we take advantage of. Only time we use our phones for incoming or outgoing is if it is a ATT user (which will be free), sometimes friends, or important calls. I will be downgrading my phone because I have not use for all the features and I have no use for the internet when I am gone away from home, it is just a waste of the additional $30.
14 years 10 months ago #17
  • CG101
  • CG101's Avatar Topic Author

was created by CG101

Well, about a few months ago, I had my DF's T-Mobile account transferred to me so that I can easily switch to Verizon when I felt the time was right. The time became right when we started getting dead zones all over the house. I remembered the good old days of having to pay a deposit and all of that, and knew that with my good credit, I would not be needing to do that with VZW. I could have even added a second line, but (at this time) is unnecessary as I have a cell phone from the job. Since I have Verizon from them, she can call me without affecting my minutes, and VZW works practically anywhere. Got the plan with the least amount of minutes and had unlimited messaging (txt, video, etc)...will use my rewards card to automatically pay them when I get a bill. Plus...T-Mobile is God-awful. I remember only 4-5 years ago, VZW wanted $1000 for a deposit. Now, they want to give me two lines, with no deposit, even though I only want 1. Got it for 2 years, as I don't see myself leaving VZW anytime soon and wanted the best deal plus a cheap free phone (she don't need any of that fancy stuff....I do, but I can deal with the phone I got).

Yet another benefit to good credit. Won't know until tomorrow who they pulled, but whichever it was it will be ok.
14 years 10 months ago #18