GM Pontiac to be no more

Replied by Meya on topic Re: GM Pontiac to be no more

Well lets hold on for right now because the President has faith that they will stand strong or maybe sell to someone else. He did not state a true answer, but said he is confident, so let's just see what happens.
14 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: GM Pontiac to be no more

It would interesting to see Pontiac become independent and compete against GM.
14 years 11 months ago #2
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: GM Pontiac to be no more

People, what did I tell you ? Someone was/is thinking about Pontiacs as a Trailer/Garage Queen:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/openroad/index

Might not be the right investment tool but someone will cave in and do it, they always do !
14 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: GM Pontiac to be no more

It's a shame to hear that. I've always loved american-muscle and was actually thinking of buying a G8. Oh well, back to dreaming of restoring a Pontiac GTO.
14 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: GM Pontiac to be no more

HEY!!! It's tooo early in the morning to be scaring a sista down to the belly:fun:. I had to click this article before reading the remaining parts of your overview. When I read, "They are likely to be sold off or shut down, while Pontiac will be shuttered." I started to think, Jesus, let it be sold off because I have officially added myself into the "Buick Family!" When the article mentioned, "Pontiac was the company's third-best selling brand behind Chevrolet and GMC and sold twice as many vehicles as Buick, a brand that will apparently survive the changes at GM." I do believe that these cars are the crossovers. Even Ford began to make some good money from their crossover (the Edge).

I can clearly understand the way a consumer will feel by purchasing a car from some that is no longer going to be around. Another thing, the article never mentioned the service stations hanging around. Some people do not like to go to certified dealers, they would rather take their car back home (dealership) for service. Even by my car being a 97 Toyota, I was scared to bring my car to the certified dealer last month, but he assured me everything and did not put aftermarket parts back onto my car. I do take it to express shops or local dealers for minor services, but not for my engine. But, their are some who will not let a tire-shop take a nail out of it, they would rather go home.:laugh:
14 years 11 months ago #5
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

Well Boy's and Girls its official Pontiac will be no more after 2010

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/27/autos/pontiac_obit/index.htm?postversion=2009042711

Since this announcement won't the demise in the public's eyes take effect immediately ? I mean who will want to buy a car from a dealer that will not be here in 20 months ?

I'm sure like the Studebaker, Edsel, and others, some will buy one, make it a "Garage" or "Trailer" Queen and pull it out for Auto Shows in years to come but the average Joe, Its like buying a round trip ticket on the Titanic ! :embarrassed:
14 years 11 months ago #6