Help needed

• hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Help needed

Well, if I did end up signing papers that I gave my two weeks notice, then they would have that as proof that I voluntarily quit and wasn't terminated. I don't think they have proof that I was fired. Who else can I contact other than the HR? I want to send them a letter to them to prove that I wasn't fired.
15 years 4 months ago #16

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Help needed

Sounds like he didn't Kmoney. What I am worried about is no paper trail on his behalf
15 years 4 months ago #17

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Help needed

You did submit a written notice am I correct? And would you happen to have a copy of your resignation
15 years 4 months ago #18

A "verbal" agreement is not to your advantage. With your former mgr not being employed there anymore, it becomes a matter of what paperwork HR has as it pertains to your employment and termination. Corporate should have some paper trail as it applies to your termination, but how and if it plays in your favor is another matter.
15 years 4 months ago #19
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Help needed

I don't remember signing any papers. My former manager doesn't work there anymore so I can't go to her and prove that I gave me two week notice. Is there anything else I can fall back on? Maybe verbal agreement/contract?
15 years 4 months ago #20

HJM331, when you made the decision to quit, did you write out your termination and present this to your supervisor/mgr or was this word of mouth? If you wrote out your plans on leaving and on what date you have a paper trail to fall back on. I would think your supervisor would want something in writing stating that you were terminating your employment so he/she in turn could turn into HR so the termination process could begin.

Did you fill out any exit interview paperwork before you left ?
15 years 4 months ago #21
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by hjm331

I used to work at a local Sears store about 2 years ago. I worked there for approximately 5 months and I quit in September of 2006. I gave my two my two weeks notice to my manager and the HR filed me as terminated/fired. I went and spoke with the HR and all she did was ask me to fax in my personal info and every time I called her to see if she had any results and she told me that she had forgotten about it. I went and talked to her in person and still the same thing. Is there anyway that I can send a letter to corporate and get this cleared? I really need a job right now and it would be nice to get hired there and work on sales commission.
15 years 4 months ago #22